User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Tone: 91% ( but then, I do ear training regularly)
    Rhythm: 76%
    Pitch: 0.825

EDIT: took em again got
    Pitch: 0.45
    Rhythm: the same
    Tone: 89.8
    Im happy i improved the pitch portion though, but the tone is down, I guess its back to listening to intervals again.
    Last edited by Eicr; 10-28-2007 at 01:58 AM.

MBTI
    INTP

Tone: 88.9
    Rhythm: 80
    Pitch: 3.0
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intenseóto love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

tone 86.1%
    pitch 2.7%, re-test 2.4%
    rhythm 68.0. I got bored.. i dont know if its because of my mediocre skills in this, or other.

MBTI
    INTP

86.1% on Tone Deaf

80% on Rhythm

~1.5 Hz on Pitch

MBTI
    INTP

83%
    88%
    1.5 Hz
    Morgenstern ach scheine auf die liebste meine

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i'm a drummer. pretty embarrassed by these scores actually. i'm stoned though, so maybe i'll take it later and do better or something.

75% on that tone-deaf thing
    84% rhythm (bah)
    .6 Hz

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, I won't post my scores, since they are very embarrassing, but my musical genius friend got 98 % on the tone test, and she was very sick that day. I think she would get 100 % otherwise. Yes, she has both passive and active absolute pitch... I love her!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

my little brother has perfect pitch and 14 years of musical training (he's 18). he got a 72% on that one lol. and he only got .6 hz on the other test.

which is weird, since i've never met anyone with a better ear than he has. i don't think these tests are very accurate on the high or low ends of the bell curve.

edit: the reason i'm questioning the accuracy is that i know for sure that 87th percentile in pitch differentiation is far too low a score for my brother. he's easily easily 1/1000.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    my little brother has perfect pitch and 14 years of musical training (he's 18). he got a 72% on that one lol. and he only got .6 hz on the other test.

which is weird, since i've never met anyone with a better ear than he has. i don't think these tests are very accurate on the high or low ends of the bell curve.
    Well, the tone test mostly has to do with musical memory, which I guess is only indirectly connected to perfect pitch. Your brother did well on the actual pitch related test though, which I guess measures relative pitch? I think these tests are excellent, by the way. I really do think they say a lot about musical talent. It's almost like an IQ test for musical intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    edit: the reason i'm questioning the accuracy is that i know for sure that 87th percentile in pitch differentiation is far too low a score for my brother. he's easily easily 1/1000.
    Thing is, this measured relative pitch, not absolute ... The other very important thing is that the sample is probably very biased ...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Well, the tone test mostly has to do with musical memory, which I guess is only indirectly connected to perfect pitch. Your brother did well on the actual pitch related test though, which I guess measures relative pitch? I think these tests are excellent, by the way. I really do think they say a lot about musical talent. It's almost like an IQ test for musical intelligence.

Thing is, this measured relative pitch, not absolute ...
    i mean, the tests are really good for online tests. i agree. but one score isn't necessarily indicative of ability, especially on the high or low end of the bell curve.

it's the same idea as online IQ tests. i've scored a 180 on one, even though i'm probably at least 45 points lower. they can tell you if you're better or worse than average with a high level of accuracy, but their accuracy is definitely questionable.

although, i might be making this point partly because i don't think my results are indicative of my ability, either. my pride hurts