• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eight functions - weird test results

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
The thing I don't like about the test is that the questions are worded too technically. In order to answer them properly you have to be somewhat versed in MBTI, and that means that anyone who understands what the questions are asking has the potential to "game" the test. And anyone who is ignorant of MBTI is probably answering the questions incorrectly.

Exactly! I tend to go through tests like this quite quickly, and pick my answers more on instinct and feeling as opposed to actually thinking them out and making sure I understand it entirely... cause to do that I find I often have to summon up examples of such a situation, which is tough to do again and again during these tests. I really can't concentrate for that long.

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ** (58)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **(31.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.9)
excellent use

I notice that, looking at the other ENFPs that have posted results, we seem to get quite high Fe scores, as well as the Fi that we're supposed to use. I wonder if this means anything in particular?

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************************** (50.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use

My Se is far too high. I can be sensible and responsible if I have to, but I am normally far too spacey and unobservant.

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ENFP

sleepy

extraverted Sensing (Se) (20.9)
introverted Sensing (Si) (15.6)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (39.9)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (33.2)
extraverted Thinking (Te) (27.8)
introverted Thinking (Ti) (37.7)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (24)
introverted Feeling (Fi) (41.1)

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP
Used some time to try to get the right meaning from the questions :reading:

illiterate abc

MBTI Type
ENFP
I notice that, looking at the other ENFPs that have posted results, we seem to get quite high Fe scores, as well as the Fi that we're supposed to use. I wonder if this means anything in particular?

My Se is far too high. I can be sensible and responsible if I have to, but I am normally far too spacey and unobservant.

Haha, I agree with both of these statements! In fact, my Fe is my highest function. Curious, indeed. I wonder how this test gets ENFP is my Fe is highest. I guess the combination of my other functions changes it. I am definitely not ENFJ.

extraverted Sensing (Se) (28.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) (21.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (35.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (26.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) (21.1)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) (26.2)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (41.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (40.6)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ESFP

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I read thru the tests results from almost all of you.. for most of you, the strongest four functions follow the theory rather closely; alternating E and I.

I couldn't find anyone who had results like I..

ed Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.1)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use

These results suggest ISTP. Well, I do feel I get along with Pt's line of thought a lot.. ;)

both judging functions are stronger on the I than E, and ..
both perceiving functions are stronger on the E than I.

Two introverted judging functions top my charts :shock:

Ti and Fi being on the same level is consistent with me having identified alternatively with ENTP and ENFP, which are the two types I've identified with most. But then, the theory goes that if Ti is my top function, Fi should be the rock bottom, or the other way.. huh.

Teamtechnology test gave my best matches as ENXP. So, what's the deal?

I think lot of the Ti questions were rather similar to each other.. I felt like I could agree to almost all of them, even tho I don't do all of them all the time. Moreover, it's a conscious effort to use it, so I'm aware when I do it. Probably I follow my Ne quite a lot, but as it's unconscious, I don't feel like going thru any "trouble" to do it, so I don't notice it that much.

Or well, I don't know. Still, an interesting test.. and weird results. It wouldn't be entirely unbelievable for me to be and ISTP or INTP. :huh:

edit: hm, I've been on a "just do it" -mood for this day. I finished writing a common cover letter and CV for 12 tech jobs.. I'm out of money, and I've taken the stance that if I just do whatever I can and don't pay attention to my true interests I'll at least get a decent amount of money.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's interesting Santtu. There seem to be a bias in the test for Ti dominant individuals to test strongly on Fi as well. Ti "values" gets mixed with Fi values or something. I don't see individuals with strong Fi test strong on Ti though, I don't think the bias works that way around. I think you should seriously consider that you might be an introvert. Also many SPs mistake themselves for being NPs. There are many intelligent SPs out there. My best friend is a musical genius with a 150-ish IQ, and she used to test as ENFP on conventional tests, but then I tested her cognitive functions, and wow, it become clear as day she is actually ESFP. Anyhow, your results indicate you are either ISTP or INTP, but it's too close to decide based upon the test.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I'll be more comfortable considering being introverted right now than I've been in the past.. I'm enjoying my friends, and being most open and extroverted in any parties.. I don't have social anxieties.. I'm confident with people, I like them, I want to meet them.. tho not all the time. I'm also not at all restless by lack of action. So, being I is possible. I just have most of the qualities that are associated with E..

One thing I've wanted to write elsewhere is this Ne trait of finding new things and growing restless with the old. I've wondered that in practice I'm content with most of my life following the same track most of the days, although I value and desire change so immensely. In practice, I don't want to go through great effort to introduce some change in my "daily routine", just to experience some little new thing. I've wanted to find out how to measure the level of "new" things in one's life objectively.

I think that most new things in my daily life are thoughts.. different aspects of knowledge I consider every day (Ti).

I also remember thinking that I didn't have internal feelings (Fi) when I was 15.. and accepting those was something of a revelation for me. I think of myself as more of a thinker than a feeler, tho I like both.

Ok, so given some thought about the results, they're really not that strange. I do think that this surge of S for me is something that I feel I'm forced to do, although I feel that it's about the time. I've been wanting to motivate myself to do all those sensible things lately.

I identify most with XNTP type descriptions right now. ENFP is far too fluffy and mercurial.. or at least I think that when I expressed ENFP behaviour, I came across as very silly. Still, some ENFP's are just so lovely.. but, that's them, it's not me. Not that I wouldn't be lovely, just not in an ENFP way :D

But then, as it's been widely noted, S descriptions are a bit unflattering.. and not only that, but I've just felt they have been unfitting for me (except for ESTP). Like that.. they don't understand this, they don't understand that.. when I've thought that my most distinguishing feature is that I *do* understand stuff.

What a jungle of explanations. But.. thanks Splittet for your insight! You seem to have thought about this test alot, and developed good appreciation for it. I don't have to strain my imagination too much to believe in these results. Still, even tho I'm interested of all this, I don't put the greatest importance on my MBTI type. I'm more interested how my life turns out to be according to what I appreciate, regardless of my type.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
One thing I've wanted to write elsewhere is this Ne trait of finding new things and growing restless with the old. I've wondered that in practice I'm content with most of my life following the same track most of the days, although I value and desire change so immensely. In practice, I don't want to go through great effort to introduce some change in my "daily routine", just to experience some little new thing. I've wanted to find out how to measure the level of "new" things in one's life objectively.

Hunger for something new is something that can be caused by both Ne and Se I think. But you often enough read Ns are more positive to changes than Ss, but thing is SPs need changes, while it is SJs who are more sceptical. That's why I am beginning to really dislike S-N descriptions or T-F descriptions, which are next to impossible to make, because you are combining extroverted and introverted functions that can be fundamentally different into one highly arbitrary description. What is true for one of the functions might not be true at all for the other. You cannot combine the essence of two different phenomena, add them up, and say it is the essence of something that exists. Sorry about how that probably didn't make any sense at all. Communication and expression is so frustrating!

What a jungle of explanations. But.. thanks Splittet for your insight! You seem to have thought about this test alot, and developed good appreciation for it. I don't have to strain my imagination too much to believe in these results. Still, even tho I'm interested of all this, I don't put the greatest importance on my MBTI type. I'm more interested how my life turns out to be according to what I appreciate, regardless of my type.

Thanks. :) I am getting more experienced at this test, and hopefully I have gained some considerable understanding, trying to interpret the results of many people. Almost always the results are somewhat of a puzzle, and you have to be a little bit creative inventing theories and explanations for the results. Also it is important to figure out what is conclusive, and what is still highly uncertain.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That's why I am beginning to really dislike S-N descriptions or T-F descriptions, which are next to impossible to make, because you are combining extroverted and introverted functions that can be fundamentally different into one highly arbitrary description. What is true for one of the functions might not be true at all for the other. You cannot combine the essence of two different phenomena, add them up, and say it is the essence of something that exists. Sorry about how that probably didn't make any sense at all. Communication and expression is so frustrating!

The problem is that people can't agree on the positions of the functions, or even the meanings of the positions, which is why dichotomies have survived so long. If we could make the role and manifestation of the functions clearer, I think people would find it much easier to type themselves and others. It would be especially difficult to describe Introverted functions which are only expressed via Extroverted ones, but I think Extroverted ones should manifest more similarly in people who have them as dominant. That's just my guess, though.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (26.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************* (18.9)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (37.8 )
excellent use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (35.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (19.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (37.8 )
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INFJ

As usual. :) Roughly similar results to Mycroft.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Saving my new results here. Seems I am even more Ne-Fi than before, but it still pegs me as an INFP, which definitely fits me best:

Ne = 48 excellent use
Fi = 39.7 excellent use

Ni = 34.5 good use
Fe = 33.5 good use
Ti = 31.8 good use

Se= 21.5 limited use
Te = 16.2 limited use

Si = 15.2 unused

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

Kanamori

My newest:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************************** (46.2)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************* (25.6)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Stabilizer; then Catalyst; and lastly, Improviser.

Spirilis said:
There's something I'm starting to think about regarding the functions. I believe the functions exist in some level or another, but there is a difference between using the functions, which this test seems to measure, and trusting or owning the function's viewpoint, which I believe is what determines a person's type preference (since it is, after all, a preference).

An ESFJ could be extremely adept at Ti, so much that their score on a test like this would put it very close to Fe, should their life experience require them to engage it with some level of frequency. But it doesn't mean they have to adopt a mental lifestyle or way of thinking that is oriented around it; it is merely a small tool in their cognitive arsenal. It's like having someone extremely well studied in christianity, but is atheist.

When you view the functions from the standpoint of 'ownership' or preference of lifestyle, the dichotomous split between "opposite" functions makes more sense, at least to me.

The funny thing is, I know these functions do have a certain type of "lifestyle" that can be stereotypically associated to them, but I bet it's a bitch to define. I know what Ti-oriented "lifestyle" attributes can consist of (making things easier for yourself by having tools around to manipulate things, whether it's physical tools or abstract ones like books/computers/bookmarks for how to do or construct things, dictionaries, etc)

Agreed...

Last edited:

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************** (22.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********** (10.3)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.5)
average use

Textbook INTJ. And it also accounts for my minor preference for some INTP and ENTJ-ish behavior.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.9)
unused

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

I don't really get some of the results. But my restuls were close to ENFP. The 2 primary functions were flipped. Fi and then Ne instead of Ne and then Fi...I think.

And my extraverted thinking is unused? HAHAHAHAHA.