• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion vs. Social Anxiety ---- Quiz

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
4 on anxiety.

Is that a form of anxiety disorder?

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sociability, 45. I'm not too surprised. I have a very strong need for a few, very close friends... and when that need isn't getting met, I compensate by being more E :)

Social anxiety score, 3 out of 68. That is not one of my diagnoses. :D

You sound like someone really familiar...myself. =)

56 for the Sociability Quiz.
2 for the Social Anxiety Quiz.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Hope it's ok to necromance this thread.

Sociability 49 out of 100.
According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don’t mind being around big crowds, but that doesn’t mean you’ll want to crash every party you’re invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn’t the most crucial thing. You’ve managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the “life of the party”, you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with.

Social anxiety - 10 out of 68
Your score is not typical of a person suffering from social anxiety disorder.

Heh. I used to very non-social with high social anxiety. I made myself overcome it a few years back. I still don't enjoy talking in large groups of people but I can fake E if needed. I'm occasionally still a bit awkward chatting to strangers at work meetings with people outside my organisation, but I have no problems introducing myself or making small talk with people I don't know at work or with friends of friends at the pub.

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
Sociability: 24/100

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn’t socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren’t really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn’t the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you’ll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren’t conversation-starters, especially with people they aren’t familiar with. In addition, they aren’t known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Social Anxiety: Your Score: 43 out of a possible 68.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm never really sure how to answer these tests. Like at parties, I usually stay as long as possible, but will find a place to go on my own or with a friend.

'Dealing with people I don't know very well' - well when there isn't any prejudice and I'm in a good mood - I can be very extraverted, chatty and funny.

Sociability: 6
Social Anxiety: 50

Why do I feel the need to share my answers to these tests? I'm either conforming, angling for pity, or boasting my abnormality; none have any integrity.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Sociability: 49
Anxiety: 43

Sometimes I think I'm really an extrovert who has been hampered with anxiety and turned inward in response to anxiety.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Social Anxiety Disorder Self Test Results

Thank you for honestly answering all the questions.

Your Score: 40 out of a possible 68.

Your score suggests that you may be experiencing the symptoms of social anxiety disorder. Although the SPIN Self Test screens for the symptoms of social anxiety disorder, only a doctor can make a diagnosis for this disorder.

We encourage you to make an appointment with a qualified healthcare provider to discuss your symptoms.

Atomic Fiend

Sociability: 34 out of a possible 100

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn’t socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren’t really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn’t the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you’ll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren’t conversation-starters, especially with people they aren’t familiar with. In addition, they aren’t known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Your Score: 20 out of a possible 68.

Your score suggests that you may be experiencing the symptoms of social anxiety disorder. Although the SPIN Self Test screens for the symptoms of social anxiety disorder, only a doctor can make a diagnosis for this disorder.

We encourage you to make an appointment with a qualified healthcare provider to discuss your symptoms. It may even be helpful for you to bring your doctor a printout of your responses to the questions in the self test.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Sociability

Social Anxiety
Your Score: 14 out of a possible 68.

Take note: not all extroverts are social...

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Snapshot Report
Sociability
According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn’t socialize very often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren’t really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life doesn’t appear to be an important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you’ll most likely turn it down if possible. This doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you tend to prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren’t conversation-starters, especially with people they aren’t familiar with. In addition, they aren’t known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Your Score: 27 out of a possible 68.

I'll admit, most of it is lack of interest, but there is a little fear in there too.

Last edited:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sociability 29

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn't socialize often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren't really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life apparently isn’t the most important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you’ll likely turn it down if possible. This doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you generally prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren't conversation-starters, especially with people they aren’t familiar with. In addition, they aren’t known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.

Your Score: 24 out of a possible 68.

Your score suggests that you may be experiencing the symptoms of social anxiety disorder.

I've come to the conclusion that we're an odd breed of introvert. My theory is that INTJs, given our method of thinking, are the most likely introvert to, around high school or college, decide, "Forget this, I'm never going to get the things I want if I don't learn to interact!", and subsequently put "learn to socialize fluidly" on our to-do list and go out there and get it done.

It seems the Pragmatism of NT (as well as SP) is sort of another kind of "expressiveness", that can lead to behavior associated with extraversion, regardless of I and E. The intuitive tough-mindedness will drive one to push himself and others. INTJ is basically a Melancholy-Choleric combination.

I think this would be indicative of any type that prefers a Chart The Course interaction style. Since INTJs have been the only type to take this test until now, then yes it makes you unique. You should see a similarity with any type prefering INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ or INFJ.

As a result I would say that anyone preferring:

Behind The Scenes= Low Extraversion/Mid-High Social Anxiety
Chart The Course= Low Extraversion/Low Social Anxiety
Get Things Going=High Extraversion/Low Social Anxiety
In Charge=High Extraversion/Mid-High Social Anxiety

If this theory runs true, I would base it on the "Behind the Scene" and "In Charge" types need for control and the "Chart the Course" and "Get Things Going" types need for movement.

Funny that In Charge would have high social anxiety, and CtC, low social anxiety. You would think that would simply follow I/E, with the extraverts having social confidence and the inroverts being more uncomfortable in social situations. Control/Movement is probably the least discussed of Berens concepts, and it supposedly indicates their method of handing the outcome of the interaction or situation.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sociability: 4/100
Social Anxiety: 60/68

Gotta go, time for my shrink appt

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Anxiety Score: 8 out of a possible 68.

My greatest factor in the anxiety test was question 15,
"Being embarrassed or looking foolish are among my worst fears.", which I rated as "very much".

Extraversion test is too long at 25 minutes :(

Edit: took it anyhow.. made it in 10 mins

Sociability
According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don't mind being around big crowds, but that doesn't mean you'll want to crash every party you're invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn't the most crucial thing. You've managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the 'life of the party', you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with.

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
Snapshot Report
Sociability

Snapshot Report
Sociability

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who enjoys socializing with both large and smaller, more intimate groups of people. You don’t mind being around big crowds, but that doesn’t mean you’ll want to crash every party you’re invited to. Having an active social life and extending your network of friends is relatively important to you, but it isn’t the most crucial thing. You’ve managed to strike a great balance between actively involving yourself in your larger social network, and spending some quality time with a few intimate friends. Although you may not always be the conversation-starter or the “life of the party”, you are generally a very outgoing individual, whether among friends or people you are less familiar with.

Thank you for honestly answering all the questions.

Your Score: 23 out of a possible 68.

ssrprotege

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
16/100 for extroversion, 47/68 for social anxiety.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Sociability

According to your results you appear to be the type of person who doesn’t socialize very often. You likely have a limited social network, and possibly aren’t really interested in extending it beyond a few close and intimate friendships. Having an active social life doesn’t appear to be an important thing to you. Chances are that when the opportunity arises to socialize among a large group of people, you’ll most likely turn it down if possible. This doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy socializing or being around people. Rather, you tend to prefer spending time with smaller groups of friends. Individuals who score similarly to you typically aren’t conversation-starters, especially with people they aren’t familiar with. In addition, they aren’t known to be exceptionally outgoing, unless among close friends.