• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions Analysis: What's My MBTI Type?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Nah you've got it wrong. I+S+T+J = AWESOME!

This man speaks the truth.

Here is the latest...

extraverted Sensing (Se)****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.3)

You sure you're an S?

About my Shadow. If I recall correctly, that's what a person becomes like when under severe stress, right? When under stress, I think I become like an unhealthy ISTJ: rigid, cold, and critical.

So what does that tell you about what your actual type is?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't resonate with ENTJs at all, really, except maybe when I'm in an irritable mood. They're way too energetic and . . . domineering.

About my Shadow. If I recall correctly, that's what a person becomes like when under severe stress, right? When under stress, I think I become like an unhealthy ISTJ: rigid, cold, and critical.

I think an xNFP is what you are. Your comments about how you deal with interpersonal conflict [with your grandfather], and hearing of troubling events is what makes me think so. My reactions to disasters, horrors of humanity, and tragedies are lukewarm at best. I feel no personal connection to them, and don't really have any emotional response. If someone were to ask me how I felt when the 9/11 attack was announced over my school PA system, I would not have been able to think of an answer.

Also, while xNTPs can detach from a reality a bit when stressed, I do not let interpersonal conflicts affect my relationship with people at all. I can talk to anyone I'm on bad terms with exactly the same as someone who is my best friend. My mind makes no distinction and does not behave differently. This is actually an issue with my GF. We'll have an argument and she won't talk to me for the rest of the night, while I'm perfectly able to put the conflict behind me and label it as separate from the relationship, so I don't really see why it has to carry over into anything else, but it does. Maybe this is related to Fi, since she is an ESTJ and Fi is apparently her weakest function.

Just some food for thought.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I score pretty high on Se, I'm pretty confident in my being an N. It's weird, how it's out of the norm, but whatever. It just makes people more individual. :D

wolfy

awsm
Depends on what you guys were doing when I found you.

Don't start any of that funny business.
Tell me, how can his Se be high and my Ne be high but he's N and I'm S. It's a funny old world.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think an xNFP is what you are. Your comments about how you deal with interpersonal conflict [with your grandfather], and hearing of troubling events is what makes me think so. My reactions to disasters, horrors of humanity, and tragedies are lukewarm at best. I feel no personal connection to them, and don't really have any emotional response. If someone were to ask me how I felt when the 9/11 attack was announced over my school PA system, I would not have been able to think of an answer.

Also, while xNTPs can detach from a reality a bit when stressed, I do not let interpersonal conflicts affect my relationship with people at all. I can talk to anyone I'm on bad terms with exactly the same as someone who is my best friend. My mind makes no distinction and does not behave differently. This is actually an issue with my GF. We'll have an argument and she won't talk to me for the rest of the night, while I'm perfectly able to put the conflict behind me and label it as separate from the relationship, so I don't really see why it has to carry over into anything else, but it does. Maybe this is related to Fi, since she is an ESTJ and Fi is apparently her weakest function.

Just some food for thought.
When it comes to things like 9/11, earthquakes, etc, they don't bother me at all. They're too impersonal: it's people going through them, not any single person I can sympathize or empathize with. It's when I hear about a girl found in a ditch, or an old woman murdered in her own home that I feel disturbed.

As far as me having any trace of extroversion, it's unlikely. I find it hard--almost impossible--to open up to anyone, and I'm the shiest person I know. Online, I find it easier, of course, but that's because I don't have to worry about the things I'm self-conscious about.

I wasn't aware that XNTPs compartmentalized their conflicts like that. I can try to act like everything is all right after an argument, but it's a strained thing. I always feel terribly uncomfortable around someone after we've clashed, and I'm eager to either make up or to detach from that person and brood over it until I've worked through those negative feelings, or at least partly recovered from them.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first saw these:
Fi and the INTP - Page 2 - INTP Central
INTP Central - View Single Post - Fi and the INTP
I did get pretty strong F vibes from you. But IIRC, you were still wearing INTP at the time. (I was thinking "You're scaring me; stop, before they drum you out of INTP and make you NFP for sure!" I didn't realize they didn't do that over there the way they did here in the "Mistyped" thread!) Later, I saw that you X'ed out the T.

Then, we were debating in that discussion the validity of the Beebe model, but I think that might be the key for someone like you (like with me) to understanding what your true preferences are. You speak highly of Fi, so is it a more heroic or parental role? Or is that what Ti falls into. A strong eigth place process goes from being "destructive" to being "transformative". So if both Ti and Fi are strong and positive, which one tends to come in to transform a bad situation and restore balance. With me, I have determined that Ti is the "default" process, and that Fi is something associated with stress, and has become strong (for whatever reason), and thus restores balance (Berens: "gives us the impetus to create something new—to make lemonade out of lemons, rather than lament their sourness").

deleted
Interesting results this time around

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.2)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************** (44.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

deleted
The odd thing is I don't agree with the results when it comes to Si. I suck at Si.

Maybe the difference between Se and Si is a blur to me because they seem so similar. In order to use Si you must use Se. and sometimes I notice oddities in sensing aspects could be attributed to Si I guess.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wheee

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.8)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.1)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Wow, it actually got it right for a change.

wolfy

awsm
Got me right too...

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.2)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.1)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.1)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************** (18.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************************* (56)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you always have to fill in "nude_dude_XxX" as nickname on the page and you automatically get entp :D
-------------------

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.1)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************* (45.8)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37)
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.5)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.5)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.7)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8)

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

(How surprising :coffee:)

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

(Also not shocking)

Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Theorist; secondly Improviser; then Catalyst; and lastly, Stabilizer.

(Interesting, I haven't seen the temperaments like this before, but Theorist is all good with me)

Okay Lemons, here's a previous result I got, just to give you the slightest bit of a challenge: Ne Ti Ni Fi Te Se Si Fe

(And if you want a bigger challenge: Pi Ka Chu Pi Ka Pi Ka Chu)

:D

Frank

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.2)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.3)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.2)