• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions Analysis: What's My MBTI Type?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The distinction between being an Fi dom and a Ti dom is VERY distinct in your mind... Do you really just not know? Which do you relate better to. Function combos can look like other functions, such as for me Ne + Si = Ni illusion, or Fi + Te = Ti illusion.

wolfy

awsm
Just to show you how much this fluctuates.
Check this out...

6 months of tests...

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.6)
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.3)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.7)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.8)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.4)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.4)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.3)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.2)
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.7)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.8)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************ (24.7)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.5)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14.5)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.9)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.1)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.8)
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.6)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.5)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.6)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.5)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.1)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.7)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.9)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.1)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.9)
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.6)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************ (24.6)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.7)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.2)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.3)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.5)
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.4)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.1)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************* (13.6)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **** (4.5)

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************************** (35.6)
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.4)
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.5)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.2)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.3)
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.1)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.1)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.2)

This is a total of each function and the ranking over the last six months

introverted Thinking (Ti) 238.3
extraverted Sensing (Se) 214.2
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) 208.6
introverted Feeling (Fi) 192.6
introverted Sensing (Si) 155.3
introverted Intuiting (Ni) 150.9
extraverted Thinking (Te) 141.5

Another one...

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************(37.1)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************ (12.4)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.7)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** ** (52.5)
excellent use

Here is the latest...

extraverted Sensing (Se)****************************** (30.9)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.3)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The distinction between being an Fi dom and a Ti dom is VERY distinct in your mind... Do you really just not know? Which do you relate better to. Function combos can look like other functions, such as for me Ne + Si = Ni illusion, or Fi + Te = Ti illusion.
I don't think I'm both Fi and Ti dom at the same time, since that would be contradictory. I do think that I fluctuate between the two, though. Which one is at the helm depends on what kind of mood I'm in and what I'm thinking about.

I've been wondering if processes working together can resemble a totally different single process. You're saying that they can, which is interesting. . . . I wonder how that would work, exactly.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the way you type you seem like an INTP to me. That's just my impression though, INFPs and INTPs are very much similar, so I see your dilemma. These functions tests don't really mean anything honestly, because of the functions working together to create illusions.

Here are some questions... How easily are you moved emotionally? Do you get overwhelmed by bad moods for no apparent reason? If something really disturbs you does it take over in your mind (the thoughts of it)? In conflict with another person, after it's resolved, do you still feel guilty and still feel that they are angry at you even though you have "kissed and made up"?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the way you type you seem like an INTP to me. That's just my impression though, INFPs and INTPs are very much similar, so I see your dilemma. These functions tests don't really mean anything honestly, because of the functions working together to create illusions.

Here are some questions... How easily are you moved emotionally? Do you get overwhelmed by bad moods for no apparent reason? If something really disturbs you does it take over in your mind (the thoughts of it)? In conflict with another person, after it's resolved, do you still feel guilty and still feel that they are angry at you even though you have "kissed and made up"?
I'm in an INTP-ish mood right now. I usually am when I'm in front of a computer, since a screen doesn't really engage me emotionally. Also, I rely heavily on tone of voice to convey emotion. I'm a very soft-spoken, gentle person in real life, and that's how I imagine these words even though they probably don't read that way. Going back to the screen thing, though, there are major exceptions to that. I was loathed on the INTP IRC channel, for example, because I was too dramatic for them. I think most of them were convinced I was an F (and a J).

As for your questions. . . It's very hard for me to say how easily moved I am emotionally. I'm extremely isolated, so I don't have much opportunity to feel stirred by things. The only time I feel moved is with a poignant work of art, like a movie, or in relation to someone whom I'm very attached to--and I develop very deep attachments to the few people I manage to get involved with and open up to.

I always know the reason for my mood, so that would be a "no."

If something really disturbs me, it does tend to take over my mind. I can't stand to hear those news stories about innocent old women getting murdered, for example. This is one of the reasons I dislike watching the news.

After conflict with another person, I usually detach from them. I really can't stand to be around a person I've had a major clash with. I remember getting in an argument with my grandfather, for example, and I cloistered myself in my room for the next week or so, and wouldn't come out except when I had to. I still can't bear any interaction with him. When I'm around him, I'm scared he's going to say something to me and force me to interact with him. The worst thing would be if he were to apologize; that would be unbearable. But then there are other cases where the person I was in conflict with genuinely means something to me, and in those cases I experience a lot of guilt and regret. As far as worrying whether the other person is angry or not, it depends on how much I care about that person. The more I care about the person, the more I worry.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to go ahead and just label you Nunki, but have you looked into enneagram? Type Four INTPs and a type Five INFPs can look alike, this is what I'm think you may be (one of those).

EDIT: Maybe you're an INTJ?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok seriously it's all making sense now (to me), your posting style, etc. When you said you resonated with Ni more and I saw lemons (who is an INTJ) I was like OH! Hah.

deleted
Ok seriously it's all making sense now (to me), your posting style, etc. When you said you resonated with Ni more and I saw lemons (who is an INTJ) I was like OH! Hah.

Your hangover gettin' worse there? Mine's getting better.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to go ahead and just label you Nunki, but have you looked into enneagram? Type Four INTPs and a type Five INFPs can look alike, this is what I'm think you may be (one of those).

EDIT: Maybe you're an INTJ?
I don't think I'm an INTJ. Out of the four INXXs, that's the type I least relate to, although I've occasionally typed as one on the less rigorous online tests.

I've looked into the Enneagram, and I usually test as a type Four, although I relate to type Five and sometimes test as that.

On a side note, I have a feeling this discussion is going to get split. May the mods forgive me.

deleted
I don't think I'm an INTJ. Out of the four INXXs, that's the type I least relate to, although I've occasionally typed as one on the less rigorous online tests.

I've looked into the Enneagram, and I usually test as a type Four, although I relate to type Five and sometimes test as that.

On a side note, I have a feeling this discussion is going to get split. May the mods forgive me.

How much do you resonate with ENTJ? Think about what your shadow type is.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your hangover gettin' worse there? Mine's getting better.

>_> Shaddup! Yes I'm sort of hung over (more like brain drained) right now, so yeah.

What got you to thinking ENTJ?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How much do you resonate with ENTJ? Think about what your shadow type is.
I don't resonate with ENTJs at all, really, except maybe when I'm in an irritable mood. They're way too energetic and . . . domineering.

About my Shadow. If I recall correctly, that's what a person becomes like when under severe stress, right? When under stress, I think I become like an unhealthy ISTJ: rigid, cold, and critical.