User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Default ETB's Ultimate Lucky Eight Archetype test!

Been planning this for awhile, with all the other homemade "tests" others have been putting up. Just a matter of finding the best way to set it up.

Eight questions, eight choices.
    This one goes straight to the actual archetypes or roles, which seem to have a great use in determining type. The various strengths can be out of order, and your actual lead process might actually come out as weaker than the auxiliary. Still, one will be your main "filter" you experience the world through.

The simplest, root definitions of the processes, and the basic descriptions of the roles the functions play in their different preference order places.

Self-scoring

The choices
    a external concrete peception "what is"; EXPERIENCE The experience
    b internal concrete perception "what was"; RELIVE The experience; also internal physical senses
    c exernal abstract perception "what could be"; CONCEIVE FROM The experience, exploring possibilities
    d internal abstract perception "what will be" ANTICIPATE The experience; infer universal meaning
    e external true/false judgment "What's efficient"; ORGANIZE The experience; agreed upon principles
    f internal true/false judgment "What's underlying"; ANALYZE The experience; universal principles
    g external good or bad standard of judgment "What's appropriate"; RELATE TO The experience; interpersonal values
    h internal good or bad standard of judgment "What's important"; EVALUATE The experience; universal values

The Questions
    1. This is the process that has longest been my main "modus operandi".

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others

3. This process is how I find relief, and am often playful and childish

4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others.

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it.

8. This process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times.

So let's see how this does with accuracy.
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-13-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The choices
    b internal concrete perception "what was"; RELIVE The experience; also internal physical senses
    c exernal abstract perception "what could be"; CONCEIVE FROM The experience, exploring possibilities
    d internal abstract perception "what will be" ANTICIPATE The experience; infer universal meaning
    e external true/false judgment "What's efficient"; ORGANIZE The experience; agreed upon principles
    f internal true/false judgment "What's underlying"; ANALYZE The experience; universal principles
    g external good or bad standard of judgment "What's appropriate"; RELATE TO The experience; interpersonal values
    h internal good or bad standard of judgment "What's important"; EVALUATE The experience; universal values

The Questions
    1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world - a

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others - h

3. This process is how I find relief, and am often playful and childish - a

4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it - e

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process - e

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others. - e

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it. - whaaa? I have no idea, confusing question

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times. - e

This was hard, requires too much guesswork. Like, how am I supposed to know what "process" makes me feel like I'm walking into a trap? And I don't ever intentionally try to "immobilize" or "double bind" others. I'm not even sure what the latter means.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INxJ

1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world.

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others.
    e external true/false judgment "What's efficient"; ORGANIZE The experience

3. This process is how I find relief.

4. This process may be very immature. I often project my fears with it.
    a external concrete perception "what is"; EXPERIENCE The experience

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process.

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, when others use it.

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap.

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times.
    a external concrete perception "what is"; EXPERIENCE The experience

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I assume we can only choose one? Some seemed like they might have fit into more than one category, but...

1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world.
    D

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others
    F
    C

4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it
    G

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process
    H
    6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others.
    B
    7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it.
    A

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times.
    E

garbage

Gee.. I wonder which function lines up with each choice.. or which role corresponds with each question..

1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world e

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others d

3. This process is how I find relief, and am often playful and childish a

4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it h

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process f

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others. b

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it. g

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times. c

deleted

1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world

My function order of use is accordingly:
    Ni > Te = Ne > Ti = Fi > Se > Si > Fe

MBTI
    I

The choices

The Questions
    1. This is the process that has longest been my main approach to the world - e

2. This process is also very central to me, and is generally how I'm helpful to myself and others - f

3. This process is how I find relief, and am often playful and childish - a

4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it - c

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process - b

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others. - h

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it. - g

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times. - d

So let's see how this does with accuracy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

After posting, it occurred to me that I meant to point out it was more of a "matching" thing than regular "choices". Of course, one is supposed to be matched to one, but on second thought, since this is about what people see in themselves, it should have the flexibility to match whatever to whatever.
    Now that people have done this, it is interesting. If you think one function is playing more than one role, that could make sense, as your dominant, for instance, of course will come to play in other areas, like finding relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    4. This process may be very immature, but I deep down inside ultimately aspire to it. I often project my fears with it - e

5. This process often seems stupid, or like an attack when others use it. I use it to be stubborn and argumentative, or back up my lead process - e

6. I am often grumpy and cynical with this process. It nags at me, and when others use it, it makes it worse inside. I then use it to immobilize others. - e

8. With this process seems very destructive, or my undoing. It often erupts and imposes itself. It does restore some balance at times. - e
    So Te is all those things? I guess you perceive it that way as part of the negative aspect of the inferior/projective. (Like most INTP's will think this way about Fe, which many call their "achilles heel' soundling much like the "undoing" role ascribed to Fi). But the key word for the aspirational is deep down inside. It may come cross that way to you now, but when it starts developing, it will start to take on more positiveness.

7. This process makes me feel I am walking into a trap. I then use it to try to trick or double bind others, and also become comedic or clownish with it. - whaaa? I have no idea, confusing question

This was hard, requires too much guesswork. Like, how am I supposed to know what "process" makes me feel like I'm walking into a trap? And I don't ever intentionally try to "immobilize" or "double bind" others. I'm not even sure what the latter means.
    According to Berens, you don't normally trust the process, fearing you might make mistakes in perception or decision making. I imagine then, that because you have that sort of problem with the process, you assume others will also, so you use it to try to trick them. Yet because it might not play the same role for them, it won't work, hence, you "think it will ensure success, when it won't". Like Se is this way for me, so I might try to pass off some visible thing that's wrong (clothes not neat, for instance), thinking others won't notice, because I myself am not good at noticing. But then Se is in a different position for my wife, for instance. So it doesn't work, and it happens to be what she immobilizes with (she's good at finding fault or pointing out flaws with it), so she'll stop me dead in my tracks. The immobilizing function is also said to be what we use to try to hit people with "low blows".

Keep in mind, these are the shadows we are discussing, so they are not usually consciously used, so that's why we really have to think and look inside to see how these processes are used. For ISFP, immobilizing should be b (Si), and double-binding would be with c (Ne). I notice you did not even assign these. So you have to think how you use memory and external conceptualizing.

Also, the first two are reversed, which affects I/E, so might you have ESFP leanings? (like close on I/E).

Otherwise, we have Ni types finding relief with Ne. Beats me on that one. Or both Ti and Ne as "relief". Might there be a possible J/P conflict?

Looks like I'll have to go through all of them and make type suggestions. I guess tomorrow, when I have more time.

Or, it doesn't look good for Beebe's archetype model (with a few it does somewhat). It seemed to work for me. But again, we really have to understand the archetypes, and sort out which process is really playing which role. Otherwise, maybe some of these are further pointing to the Socionics or Lenore Thompson orders? (I'll have to check those again).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INxJ

Personally, I almost always score as INTP. The divide is usually even or a tiny bit over. Yet, the only official test I was INTJ. The description seems to fit me best. Eh, who knows.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post

So Te is all those things? I guess you perceive it that way as part of the negative aspect of the inferior/projective. (Like most INTP's will think this way about Fe, which many call their "achilles heel' soundling much like the "undoing" role ascribed to Fi). But the key word for the aspirational is deep down inside. It may come cross that way to you now, but when it starts developing, it will start to take on more positiveness.
    I don't know what that means. The "e" choice was the one about efficiency. I want to be more efficient than I am, and the times I am stressed I DO become more efficient, but also more irritable and dismissive of anything outside of what I'm trying to do. All of those "questions" were along those same lines.

According to Berens, you don't normally trust the process, fearing you might make mistakes in perception or decision making. I imagine then, that because you have that sort of problem with the process, you assume others will also, so you use it to try to trick them. Yet because it might not play the same role for them, it won't work, hence, you "think it will ensure success, when it won't". Like Se is this way for me, so I might try to pass off some visible thing that's wrong (clothes not neat, for instance), thinking others won't notice, because I myself am not good at noticing. But then Se is in a different position for my wife, for instance. So it doesn't work, and it happens to be what she immobilizes with (she's good at finding fault or pointing out flaws with it), so she'll stop me dead in my tracks. The immobilizing function is also said to be what we use to try to hit people with "low blows".
    Yeah, again, I don't do those things, so I wouldn't know.

Keep in mind, these are the shadows we are discussing, so they are not usually consciously used, so that's why we really have to think and look inside to see how these processes are used. For ISFP, immobilizing should be b (Si), and double-binding would be with c (Ne). I notice you did not even assign these. So you have to think how you use memory and external conceptualizing.
    Wait, so this isn't really about seeing how different people think? Because now you're telling me what "should be." So there are correct and incorrect answers to this "test"?

And you still didn't explain what "double binding" means.

Also, the first two are reversed, which affects I/E, so might you have ESFP leanings? (like close on I/E).
    What do you mean by "the first two are reversed"?

Otherwise, we have Ni types finding relief with Ne. Beats me on that one. Or both Ti and Ne as "relief". Might there be a possible J/P conflict?
    Again, don't understand the first part. If the second part is you asking me if I'm conflicted on whether I'm P or J, then no, I'm definitely P.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel