• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Schizoid vs. Avoidant

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I was bored, so I decided to take the test again. Weee!
testresults2.png

Now let's compare it to my test from last week...

Yayyy!

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Very High
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Low
Narcissistic: Low

Avoidant: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Amazing. I totally dodged the dramatic/self-centered cluster.

Got high on all three in the anxiety cluster. And some mixed results in the eccentric cluster, with my only moderate score and my only very high score.

Over all, though, the results don't surprise me very much, and I already suspected that schizotypal was my highest match. Frankly though, avoidant is totally in second place, even if it isn't distinguished here.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
This has gotta be one of my favorite personality tests out there.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This has gotta be one of my favorite personality tests out there.

Yeah, but I spotted a few questions that I would take the red marker to.

Also, they have no business asking about gender. Gender is not a part of the diagnostic criteria for any of these.

I'm suspicious of how healthy you are. Likely you have a PD that's making you lie.
shiftyeyes.gif

/DG/

Yeah, but I spotted a few questions that I would take the red marker to.
Haha, yeah I love the one that goes, "Do you engage in any obsessive compulsive behavior?" Well, gee, I wonder what personality disorder that falls under. :doh:

Also, they have no business asking about gender. Gender is not a part of the diagnostic criteria for any of these.
Mmm, well, most sites I go to ask for your gender along with other info also. I think it's just more of a survey to see who's visiting the site.

/DG/

Magic Poriteran said:
I'm suspicious of how healthy you are. Likely you have a PD that's making you lie.

Haha, speak for yourself, you Schizotypal. ;)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, yeah I love the one that goes, "Do you engage in any obsessive compulsive behavior?" Well, gee, I wonder what personality disorder that falls under. :doh:

Well, one that really caught my eye was the question that asked if people sometimes have difficulty following your train of thought. Talk about the forer effect. Evey human being should answer yes to this. You're a person? You've talked to people? Okay, than someone has had difficulty following your train of thought at some point.

Mmm, well, most sites I go to ask for your gender along with other info also. I think it's just more of a survey to see who's visiting the site.

I understand that possible reason, but now that they've asked the question, it's possible that they factored the answer into the results, and we can't know if they did or did not.

/DG/

Well, one that really caught my eye was the question that asked if people sometimes have difficulty following your train of thought. Talk about the forer effect. Evey human being should answer yes to this. You're a person? You've talked to people? Okay, than someone has had difficulty following your train of thought at some point.
Well, I really think this should just be rephrased. It sounds to me as if they were trying to ask if your train of thought is jumbled or unreasonable or something like that.

I understand that possible reason, but now that they've asked the question, it's possible that they factored the answer into the results, and we can't know if they did or did not.

Meh, true. I don't think they would, but you're more than welcome to take the same test more than once answering different to the gender question only. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Very High
Borderline: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

:D

My state has the highest suicide rate in the nation and a severe lack of mental health practitioners... I wouldn't worry about this test too much, as it's on a site that also hosts this test: "Can You Name These TV Show Theme Songs?" If you have a concern, check out a real mental health web site or contact a mental health practitioner...

Aw, beat me by 1.5 points! Want to start a paranoid/schizotypal/avoidant club? (I can never remember what the schizotypal one means, because it's not as cool-sounding as schizoid. :eek: ) Found it - Schizotypal personality disorder - MayoClinic.com

um sure. :huh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, the big joke about all of this is that PDs, by nature, are supposedly things that can almost never be self-diagnosed. The people who really have them would likely answer no to all the questions that imply excess or deficiency, since they would not perceive their own behavior to be excessive or deficient.

/DG/

Haha exactly. But still it's fun to take the tests and tell everyone you have a PD. :tongue:

/DG/

Haha, I don't really tell them I have a PD, but I show them the test. I'm very interested in the mind.

Magic Poriferan said:
My psychology professor called this the Oprah syndrome.

Oohh, more PDs? :cheese:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, I don't really tell them I have a PD, but I show them the test. I'm very interested in the mind.

I am too, but that's why I am cautious to not misrepresent it. ;)

Oohh, more PDs? :cheese:

Hah, not quite. But there are actually more than that test lists, depending on which diagnostic source you go to. Check out the ICD-10. Also, there are many PDs of DSM past. Cyclothymia used to be considered a PD, it's now under the mood disorder class, as a form of bipolarism. I personally think that was an odd choice on their part, as they now have no classifcation for bipolarism like behavior that is cognitive rather than mood related. But oh well, the DSM does a lot of crap I disagree with.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

*nods* I am avoidant to the max. Chicken shit.

DSM isn't the be-all-end-all sort of guide for personality disorder. Actually the whole field is so fuzzy that there's isn't really true distinction between the types. I personally think cognitive therapy in conjunction to drug treatment by individual cases would be best.

/DG/

Hah, not quite. But there are actually more than that test lists, depending on which diagnostic source you go to. Check out the ICD-10. Also, there are many PDs of DSM past. Cyclothymia used to be considered a PD, it's now under the mood disorder class, as a form of bipolarism. I personally think that was an odd choice on their part, as they now have no classifcation for bipolarism like behavior that is cognitive rather than mood related. But oh well, the DSM does a lot of crap I disagree with.

Sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out some time. :)

*nods* I am avoidant to the max..

Woo! Avoidants in da houz! :headphne:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DSM isn't the be-all-end-all sort of guide for personality disorder. Actually the whole field is so fuzzy that there's isn't really true distinction between the types. I personally think cognitive therapy in conjunction to drug treatment by individual cases would be best.

I learned from the MBTI and observing people who try to use it, that the most accurate approach appeared to be a quantitative and composite one, while the least accureat approaches have been qualitative and archetypical ones.

I've found that I can apply that discovery of mine to abnormal psychology. I personally feel that at this time, the DSM is indeed much too qualitative and archetypical in it's approach.

yeghor

1661372553058.png
1661374670506.png
1661374843521.png
1661375172324.png

Interesting, I scored high on OC but I don't identify with it. I used to be more like AvPD when younger and lately more like SPD.

Below is a long interview with someone suffering from Schizoid Personality Disorder, telling about how he felt like a misfit, was bullied, felt lonely before the internet and other issues. He may rather be an Avoidant though cause he doesn't have the flattened effect expected from SPD.

I think Avoidant might be INFJ and Schizoid might be INTJ.

Living with Schizoid Personality (SPD) - Interview with Schizoid Angst - by MindMastery

yeghor

First experience of psychosis
This section is about the first time people noticed they were experiencing something that seemed ‘out of the ordinary’. The people we interviewed had their first experience of psychosis between the ages of 14 and 21. Although some people had unusual experiences before, many described their first “real” experience of psychosis as one which marked a turning point for them in their lives. Some, like Nikki, had had unusual experiences during early childhood while for others, like Lucy and Sameeha, the first experience of psychosis had happened very recently.

It could be hard to pinpoint the very first experience, and memories could be “blurry”. Green Lettuce doesn’t recall a specific time he first heard a voice or started thinking people were watching him and talking about him, and when he was younger didn’t understand that it wasn’t ‘real’. But others could remember an exact date, or the moment when they first experienced something unusual. This could be hearing a voice or seeing an image that no one else heard or saw, or behaving in a way that was unusual for them.

https://healthtalk.org/psychosis-young-people/first-experience-of-psychosis