• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Schizoid vs. Avoidant

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My results:

2njcxj.jpg

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Ah, personality disorders.

Watch out! He's more than 2 standard deviations from the norm! HES DANGEROUSLY NOT NORMAL!

God I hate Psychology. It's taking something that is at its very CORE subjective and trying to make it objective. You can't objectify feelings, no matter what you do. They can't be numerical.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

Watch out! He's more than 2 standard deviations from the norm! HES DANGEROUSLY NOT NORMAL!

God I hate Psychology. It's taking something that is at its very CORE subjective and trying to make it objective. You can't objectify feelings, no matter what you do. They can't be numerical.

Watch out or I'll not talk to you!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The answer to the thread title, in a nutshell, is:

Schizoids don't really tend to care (or even perceive) what people think of them and are reclusive generally to preserve their own autonomy.

Avoidants care deeply what others think of them, are hypersensitive to the perceptions of others, and are reclusive to avoid strong feelings of shame and embarrassment and inadequacy while around others.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that the amount of how "scary" is some person is written in combinations and strenghts of disorders.
Since they can neutralize each other or make each other stronger.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What made you turn paranoid?

My paranoia varies a lot. If I take that test during one day, I would score Very High on paranoia while another day, I would score Very Low. Like if you were to test me right now, I would score low on paranoia, I guarantee you. But apparently some traits are more constant than others, at least for me.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram

That's accurate, yet the objectification is about the degree that these feelings are experienced.

P.S.: I somehow registered as schizoid. I think this could have some advantages in getting NF chicks. "I wish I could feel. Is sucks being a schizoid. not that someone like you could understand, nor could you help me unfortunately." That would be a great way of getting idealist chicks. I'm not really schizoid since I still have a present, yet moderate to minimal desire for relationships.

redacted

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

Man, this is way worse than the last time I took it. Either I'm worse off now, or I was in denial before (or both, I guess).

Xenofile

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
uh oh.

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Paranoid: Very High click for info
Schizoid: Moderate click for info
Schizotypal: Very High click for info
Antisocial: Moderate click for info
Borderline: Very High click for info
Histrionic: Moderate click for info
Narcissistic: Moderate click for info
Avoidant: Very High click for info
Dependent: Moderate click for info
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

I win! I didn't feel like retaking it because I'm lazy but that was my results from last time. I need to quit getting very high on more then one, because no matter what at least two I get very high.

edit i decided to retake it because..i don't have a reason. I just did,

Paranoid: High click for info
Schizoid: High click for info
Schizotypal: Very High click for info
Antisocial: High click for info
Borderline: Moderate click for info
Histrionic: Low click for info
Narcissistic: Moderate click for info
Avoidant: Moderate click for info
Dependent: Moderate click for info
Obsessive-Compulsive: High click for info

Lexicon