• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name countries of the world

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
outstanding!:)

Even Europeans do well naming US states:shock:

Is it only me who sucks at geography?:D

Our geography classes require us to learn the position of each country and it's capital city in the world.

That being said, I have limited knowledge about states and getting an 82% score isn't really hard.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
49/50 On the US one, I forgot Rhode island :doh:
[places dunce cap atop head]

Unlike a lot of the rest, i've even been to rhode island a few times. How does one remember wyoming but not rhode island?

Gauche

Our geography classes require us to learn the position of each country and it's capital city in the world.

They required us to learn the same, but I had geography two years ago for the last time; and I wasn't specially fond of geography so all that crap is gone. If I took this test 2-3 years ago, I think I'd have done much better. When my time at the test fell to zero and all countries revealed, it was like A-HAA, I known them but I couldn't remember the particular names during the test:)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Got all of Africa. And the United States one, 50 out of 50. I've still got it. :smile:

The tests for capitals are a little harder.

am_i_evil666

I got 45 from Europe......considering that I live in Europe, I knew all of them. I missed Kosovo and I had no idea how to spell Bosnia and Hezegovina.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
47/47, but it's easy for an European.

I got only 37/50 on the USA one, though. I never remember all the little states in the northeastern part of the country. 47/53 on the African one, I missed all the little islands (I didn't think Seychelles and Mauritius were considered as part of Africa)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"You just got 45 answers correct!

This European countries Quiz has been taken 400,938 times."

Hmmmph... Probably missed some tiny little city-state like Monaco.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You named ALL 50 U.S. States! See the most missed!
Or perhaps you want to play again.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
41/47 Europe...couldn't spell Liechtenstein, had Cyprus on the tip of the tongue but kept thinking Crete...YARG

LOL, snap (including not being able to remember Cyprus but it was on the tip of my tongue for minutes). I kept spelling it Lichtenstein. I forgot the extra E.

It took me 5 minutes to get to 36. The rest was sloooow.

Edit:

Got 32/50 for the US states. The west coast was very easy. I missed everything directly north of Louisiana and everthing between Virgina and Massachusetts, plus a few other random ones.

Edit2:

12/14 for Oceania (Can you name the countries of Oceania? - sporcle) :blush: I missed Samoa. Duh.

Edit 3:
I seem to be addicted. 26/53 for Africa. Some of them were on the tip of my tongue for minutes, others I don't know so well.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Asian countries

This might be a better test to compare European vs American knowledge (for the record, I am neither):

Can you name the countries of Asia? - sporcle

33/48

Some of these I just went blank on, and others (generally the ones ending in 'stan') I knew the countries but couldn't spell them.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Europe: 23/47
US States: 38/50
Africa: 12/53
Asia: 19/48
South America: 2/12

I didn't do anymore because I've gotten the idea... I really suck at geography.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Europe: 47/47 by 7:24.

Asia: 48/48 by 5:00.

South America: 12/12 by 4:06.

North America: 22/23, gave up by 5:22. Felt silly about the one I missed. :blush:

Africa: 50/53, ran out of time. I forgot three of the islands!

US state: 50/50 by 6:32, and the only reason it took that long is because their names have such screwed-up spellings. :dry:

I have disqualified myself from the oceania quiz, because I happened to be looking at a map of it too recently for me to consider fair.

So, that's all of them.

EDIT: For the hell of it, did the largest countries test. Got 25/25 by 5:18.

Did the Canadian provinces. Gave up by 2:00 when I had 11/13. Only screwed up as a matter of spelling on one, and the precise name of the other elluded me.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
43/48 Asia (Missed Bahrain and couldn't spell some others)
35/47 Europe (Forgot to list city-states and anything smaller than Belgium. I also couldn't remember the former soviet states for the life of me.)
23/53 Africa (Never studied the continent much. )
9/23 North America (Note to self: Caribbean countries are sovereign.)
12/12 South America (Enough said)
3/14 Australia (Those tiny islands... they exist?)

Yeah... I need to work on it.

PS: 50/50 US states. 13/13 for Canadian provinces.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
50/50 for the U.S. states. I can't list all fifty off the top of my head, though; I have to have a map. I was stuck at 49/50 for about five minutes. Maryland? Seriously?

27/47 for Europe
0/0 for Antarctica

I'm not trying any more. I didn't pay attention in seventh-grade Geography.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Europe: 45/47
US States: 50/50
Africa: 43/53
Asia: 40/48
South America: 9/12

I'm getting rusty.