• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do your functions unclearly represent your type?

Maldini

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I need help on mine (ive only been into MBTI things for a week)

but my results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use

I've tested ISFJ on other tests but now i'm not so sure if im more F or T.

Snow Turtle

New cognitive test
Fi - 16 Si - 16 Fe- 10 Ti - 8 Te- 7 Ni - 6 Se- 2 Ne- 0

Old cognitive test
Si - 43 |Fi - 36 Ti - 34| Fe - 32 |Ni - 27 Te - 26| Ne - 19 Se - 19

My own interpretation is similar to the one above.

deleted
Hmm interesting Maldini. You come out exactly as an ISXJ which is what I'd guess as the most accurate

Snow Turtle

As in my sig, here goes:

Ne 47.2 Ti 44.3 Si 37.8 Fi 30.9 Te 27.7 Fe 21.7 Se 19 Ni 10.6

Seems very accurate. Ne is out front, but still falls more into the parent rather than hero role. Just a bit overactive. With that core of introverted functions following, it still made me "I".
Very different from most INTP results, because Ni, which is very strong in the others, is last, instead of Fe. But very close to Beebe's order, overall.

Eric. How does the mid Fe correlate with the Supine temperament?
Mmm. I would have expected that it would have been a more feeler dominanted temperament and phlegmatic more Ti based.

Such high Si compared to Ni. I wonder if there's a correlation between the two, depending on focus and development. Gotta admit. Ne with Si is quite a combo. :)

Kai you come out ISFJ

No more thinking that I'm potentially ISTJ.

Snow Turtle

I need help on mine (ive only been into MBTI things for a week)

but my results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.6)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************** (27.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use

I've tested ISFJ on other tests but now i'm not so sure if im more F or T.

I'd have gone with ISFJ. Just throwing(projecting) out some random ideas that could be useful or inaccurate assumptions.

High Fi & Low Se = Truth or Value seeker/Non-materialism/Not drawn to the 'in the moment' experiences (Possibly seen as temporary.)

High Fi & Mid Fe = Personal values conflicting with social values. Society might be perceived as a little superficial with it's 'fake' politeness. Ultimately personal value wins as it seen as truth, especially with Si.

Alternatively it could just be due to less developed social Fe, however that doesn't remove the desire to be expressive towards other people.

B

beyondaurora

If you don't mind, lemons, would you please analyze my latest results (different test)?

Si (38.6)
Fe (35.6)
Fi (31.4)
Te (30.2)
Ni (28.2)
Ne (26.3)
Se (26.2)
Ti (23.1)

(My old ranking was: Fe=Se=Si=Ni>Te=Fi=Ti>Ne, which you found to be ISFJ).

Thanks! :)

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course they do, because the functions themselves are unclearly defined. The theory is bullshit. The brain does not work through these 8 functions. Not a chance in hell. It's based on no empirical evidence, and has no relevance to modern psychology, just like Psychoanalysis. Psychoanalysis is of historical interest though, that's the difference. The only thing one can treat MBTI as, is like a bad version of Big Five.

Snow Turtle

Of course they do, because the functions themselves are unclearly defined. The theory is bullshit. The brain does not work through these 8 functions. Not a chance in hell. It's based on no empirical evidence, and has no relevance to modern psychology, just like Psychoanalysis. Psychoanalysis is of historical interest though, that's the difference. The only thing one can treat MBTI as, is like a bad version of Big Five.

That's abit moot point, isn't it?
MBTI doesn't work because it tries it best to capture human nature into 16 boxes, based on 4 dichotomies. It might not be based on empirical evidence but that doesn't necessary mean that the theory is useless.

I really don't see how Big Five has any advantage over MBTI. They both face the same problem, most personality theories do.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
MBTI isn't bullshit but it does lack structure.

So what empirical evidence support it? Big Five has been replicated by more than a dozen researchers using different samples. It's been replicated every decade, in different languages and different item formats. The most reliable personality test out there is based on it, the NEO-PI-R. Reliability is necessary for validity. MBTI has huge reliability issues. Big Five is used in a lot of studies, while MBTI is not. Big Five is well supported by the scientific community, while MBTI is frowned upon, with good reason.

Big Five is based on a completely different approach. It's based on the lexical approach and factor analysis. Basically they found all the adjectives describing personality in the dictionary, made a test where people evaluated the degree to which the item adjective described them, then found through factor analysis there where five clusters of adjectives, each making up a broad trait. Big Five does not claim to explain underlying personality processes, it's just a tool for describing personality. MBTI actually make that claim with its cognitive processes though, but fails utterly.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eric. How does the mid Fe correlate with the Supine temperament?
Mmm. I would have expected that it would have been a more feeler dominanted temperament and phlegmatic more Ti based.
The way it turns out in the correlation I have made, is that purely "responsive" temperaments like Supine are in their purest form Fi types (FP). However, with me, it's mixed with Choleric, which is where I get my T preference from, and a mixture of responsive and less responsive (directive or structure-focused) temperaments produces Ti/Fe. Sup-Mel, Mel-Sup, Chlor-Sup and San-Mel are the FJ (Fe) types. For TP, it is in a "less mature" third or fourth position, and in actual CP test results, for most, it comes out even weaker according to percentage (often at bottom). I believe it is the Supine that gives me higher Fe and Fi. Most INTP's have Phlegmatic in its place, which is less F-like. The purest Phlegmatic would be more like the purest Supine, as a kind of INFP. They are peacemakers, and not really driven by Thinking, though Keirsey thought the NT's "calmness" was Phlegmatic. The classic Phlegmatic's calmness is actually from low energy, not T preference. Being more "informative" or "diplomatic', they would really fall on the F side, except when mixed with Choleric in the INTP.
Such high Si compared to Ni. I wonder if there's a correlation between the two, depending on focus and development. Gotta admit. Ne with Si is quite a combo. :)
For my type, Si is supposed to be right where it is, actually. For most of the other INTP's, it does fall much lower, while Ni is higher. I'm not sure why. Some of them seem to have INFJ leanings, with some crossing from one to the other. Ni might really be higher for me (though still weakest, probably), as it is a matter of coming to understand and recognize it better. Probably so relatively waek for me, because my Fi and Se developed to be stronger than it, or at least, I'm more conscious of those two.

Lenore Thomsom ties the functions to brain hemisphere" MBTI Brain Types | Lenore Thomson Bentz
That seems like it would make some sense, though I don't know whats being done with this idea; whether they're testing it, not taking it seriously, etc. If this turned out to be proven, then you'd have some empirical evidence, and it would be a great shot in the arm for type theory.

deleted
So what empirical evidence support it?

Not so much the evidence that you are correct about but how it operates. Any categorization is valid. Its aim should be practicable and its descriptions concurrent and comprehensive enough to acknowledge. MBTI is fine with practicablity. Though it is frequently regarded as an ambiguous theory and that is where the nonsense begins.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
Ni, Fe, Ti, Te, Si, Ne, Fi, Se or Ni, Fe, Ne, Ti, Fi, Te, Si, Se; depending on how the questions are worded.