User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's where we differ completely. Because I think it's a sin to politely allow idiots to spout their nonsense at will.
    Defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Brainstorming? Feedback?

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

That's where we differ completely. Because I think it's a sin to politely allow idiots to spout their nonsense at will.
    That's some irony right there.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Defeats the whole purpose of a forum doesn't it? Brainstorming?
    In a perfectly free system, which I hardly have a problem with, everyone's allowed to be just as stupid as they can muster themselves to be, but additionally, others are allowed to say "what an awful idea." Introducing control creates a smorgasbord of problems.

MBTI
    ISFJ

In a perfectly free system, which I hardly have a problem with, everyone's allowed to be just as stupid as they can muster themselves to be, but additionally, others are allowed to say "what an awful idea."
    Oh I agree. But that doesn't violate the "ad hominem" rule. Control is only meant to ensure that. Be it the law or in this case common sense.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh I agree. But that doesn't violate the "ad hominem" rule. Control is only meant to ensure that. Be it the law or in this case common sense.
    It really helps, when someone has an awful idea such as every one of lemons', to be able to say "Look at how awful this idea is, and it's unsurprising, considering his nine other awful ideas, all of which I will gladly show you now."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Or as our INFJ brothers would say: "You didnt do me !"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFJ

It really helps, when someone has an awful idea such as every one of lemons', to be able to say "Look at how awful this idea is, and it's unsurprising, considering his nine other awful ideas, all of which I will gladly show you now."
    Whom does it help? You mean the innocent, naive and discernment-lacking bystanders? Naive to be fooled by people like Lemons, but astute enough to be convinced by your assessments of his past ideas as proof (never mind subjectiveness and different opinions) that he's wrong?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Whom does it help? You mean the innocent, naive and discernment-lacking bystanders? Naive to be fooled by people like Lemons, but astute enough to be convinced by your assessments of his past ideas as proof (never mind subjectiveness and different opinions) that he's wrong?
    You're telling me you doubt that when someone makes a claim, but no one's there to deny it, that some people believe it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You're telling me you doubt that when someone makes a claim, but no one's there to deny it, that some people believe it?
    So deny it with reasons, not meaningless insults.

I agree with your stance probably... I think lemons' ideas are usually quite simple and/or inaccurate. But, hey, he tries to think outside the box and puts his ideas on the line, which is more than I can say about 95% of the people I know.

Of course you have a right to state your opinions, or state that a claim lacks validity. It's just that if you expect people to take you seriously, it's probably a better strategy to point out the errors in reasoning as opposed to throwing out insults like a cocky fourth grader. You let yourself get emotionally involved, which is silly when put in the context of your stance about emotion.

MBTI
    ISFJ

No. Are you telling me you are not concerned as to why people agree with your theories just as long as they do? Isn't the whole merit in a theory making sense? Are you trying to convince the people who can't even "put two and two together" that you're on to something? Those people aren't really interested in what anyone has to say about psychology.