User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

deleted

No you are a pretty strong INTP on this test. Would not have mattered.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post

People oriented means you need people to function. I can say society needs people and I need society to live, but to function I don't need people. I'm an introvert.
    That's kind of a bizarre way to determine introversion/extroversion. Most introverts would not make that assertion.

Theoretically, I could 'function' without other people. But that would be a rather dreary life, living as a hermit without any human contact.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

deleted

Introverts need time alone. I don't really need people but it's nice to have people time on occasion, to have friends and such. It can't be said that all introverts are hermits. People are just here. They don't go away. So I'm used to them.

Extroverts don't have to be talkative just like introverts don't have to be alone, but they're just preferences and there should be a greater line drawn between the two or else most people would be ambiverted.

Functions play a big role in this theory. For instance, a lot of INTPs are talkative, but they still have primary Ti. I'm not implying your score of ESFJ is what you want or what is correct. You just answered much toward E tendency. Especially when you combine the preferences, your answers matched with the common extrovert.

So there is probably something very wrong with this test because how could an obvious introvert achieve a high score of E? I put it together rather fast, but there doesn't seem to be any problems with the E-I questions, except that two people scored very high when they are clearly introverted. I am confused...

MBTI
    ENTP

Introverts need time alone. I don't really need people but it's nice to have people time on occasion, to have friends and such. It can't be said that all introverts are hermits. People are just here. They don't go away.

Extroverts don't have to be talkative just like introverts don't have to be alone, but they're just preferences and there should be a greater line drawn between the two or else most people would be ambiverted.

Functions play a big role in this theory. For instance, a lot of INTPs are talkative, but they still have primary Ti. I'm not implying you score of ESFJ is what you want or what's right. You just answered much toward E tendency.
    For me it's more about where my heart is: in the real world or in my internal world. I spend a lot of time alone, but I have to engage in the world. I am fascinated by people, by nature, and by culture. I look at myself in relation to the world.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    For me it's more about where my heart is: in the real world or in my internal world. I spend a lot of time alone, but I have to engage in the world. I am fascinated by people, by nature, and by culture. I look at myself in relation to the world.
    Definitely has to do with preference combination, yes.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Introverts need time alone. I don't really need people but it's nice to have people time on occasion, to have friends and such. You can't say all introverts are hermits.

Functions play a big role in this theory. For instance, a lot of INTPs are talkative, but they still have primary Ti. I'm not implying you score of ESFJ is what you want or what's right. You just answered much toward E tendency.
    I am basically trying to assess how you are framing questions and determining E/I, that's all.

The one thing about me that has never been in question is that I'm an I. I know that for sure. There's no way in hell I'm an E. So with that said, I think there's either some questions that are off, or there's something off in how you are analyzing/prioritizing the results, and how you are defining E/I. Or perhaps the format itself -- giving the user the option to choose out of many does not necessarily mean the non-chosen ones don't apply, it just means the user was forced to stick to the constraints given to him.

The other dichotomies - eh, whatever. As with most of these tests, there's questions that could be added/removed, and the groupings reworked. Like I said, the groupings were random for me, and there was never really one that *fully* applied.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I am basically trying to assess how you are framing questions and determining E/I, that's all.

The one thing about me that has never been in question is that I'm an I. I know that for sure. There's no way in hell I'm an E. So with that said, I think there's either some questions that are off, or there's something off in how you are analyzing/prioritizing the results, and how you are defining E/I. Or perhaps the format itself -- giving the user the option to choose out of many does not necessarily mean the non-chosen ones don't apply, it just means the user was forced to stick to the constraints given to him.

The other dichotomies - eh, whatever. As with most of these tests, there's questions that could be added/removed, and the groupings reworked.
    Yeah looking at each question there doesn't seem to be a problem. They're too simple is all. The format is arranged well, if I took some out or switched some it would be worse.

Determining I/E, its mostly people-oriented. I agree with what Synarch said too. Extroversion and introversion always seems to be confusing.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post

The other dichotomies - eh, whatever. As with most of these tests, there's questions that could be added/removed, and the groupings reworked. Like I said, the groupings were random for me, and there was never really one that *fully* applied.
    Although it'd be more work for the test taker and test grader, maybe a priority-based system would solve this problem.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Although it'd be more work for the test taker and test grader, maybe a priority-based system would solve this problem.
    Yes there is always that! People seem to be quite sure about their personality type, so there have been less takers. I can rig something like that up soon.

MBTI
    ENTP

Cenomite ENTP
    Night INTP
    Hah, imagine that.

Do you happen to remember if I was particularly strong / weak in any areas? I'd be curious to know.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.