User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Ok so you're introverted, big whoop.

All in all tests aren't the greatest factor for determining type, but no one can completely deliberate on an online test and assume the results are wrong. That means you should try retesting some other time.
    Oh, I am not so sure they are so wrong (funny, does this stance give the lie to my ENTJ result?). I've tested as ENTJ before a few times and ESTP one time, though I believe that ESTP result was on this very test.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post

Oh, I am not so sure they are so wrong (funny, does this stance give the lie to my ENTJ result?). I've tested as ENTJ before a few times and ESTP one time, though I believe that ESTP result was on this very test.
    Well choosing an answer on this test divides you into a category. You don't normally see INTps testing as ENTjs, then again socionics isn't prevalent compared to MBTI and isn't even the same thing.

You likely are an ENTj while still remaining an INTP in MBTI. Its not up to me or one test to decide that, but so far there's a pattern. Where as for Jack, I can assume he's an INTp because he's told me that, and on occasion I try to listen to him.

MBTI
    intp

Well choosing an answer on this test divides you into a category. You don't normally see INTps testing as ENTjs, then again socionics isn't prevalent compared to MBTI and isn't even the same thing.

You likely are an ENTj while still remaining an INTP in MBTI. Its not up to me or one test to decide that, but so far there's a pattern.
    FWIW, When I started posting, I was so conflicted that I put xNTx as my type. My guess is that people with weak first and last letter preferences would be prone to getting similar results. On other socionics tests, I usually get INTj.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

deleted

FWIW, When I started posting, I was so conflicted that I put xNTx as my type. My guess is that people with weak first and last letter preferences would be prone to getting similar results. On other socionics tests, I usually get INTj.
    I don't like tests with questions that only ask about one dichotomy at a time, ie. T. It's not worth it to me. It doesn't give perspective so it usually lies fault to personal decline. Analysis by combination of dichotomy, function roles, and stereotypes is the best formation to ask any test question. That's why I like this Hugo's test. Also the one I made a few years back is the most accurate. Let me know about any good tests you have taken.

MBTI
    intp

Also the one I made a few years back is the most accurate. Let me know about any good tests.
    Ha! I got ENTP on that test. Perhaps I should accept the extroversion.

I've come across tests that I thought asked very insightful questions, but haven't saved them.
    hoarding time and space

deleted

Ha! I got ENTP on that test. Perhaps I should accept the extroversion.
    Have you read the ENTp or ENTj profile on wikisocion yet?

The wheel and relations also helped me decide my type when I referenced wikisocion.

I've come across tests that I thought asked very insightful questions, but haven't saved them.
    Be sure to post any good tests on this board if you remember or come across a new one!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

INTp; N

ENTp; T

Err...I guess I could go either or. I agree more with the INTp description, yet I read the function breakdown and it seems off. MBTI INTP seems like a Socionics ENTP from a function standpoint, yet I am extremely socially introverted so it seems counter intuitive.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    INTp; N

ENTp; T

Err...I guess I could go either or. I agree more with the INTp description, yet I read the function breakdown and it seems off. MBTI INTP seems like a Socionics ENTP from a function standpoint, yet I am extremely socially introverted so it seems counter intuitive.
    Try the wheel while referencing wikisocion at the same time. After using the wheel and comparing relations with people I knew, there was no doubt I was INTj.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Try the wheel while referencing wikisocion at the same time. After using the wheel and comparing relations with people I knew, there was no doubt I was INTj.
    I'll have to reread socionics, because I have no idea what that wheel did, or displayed.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'll have to reread socionics, because I have no idea what that wheel did, or displayed.
    The wheel displayed:

square = logic (thinking)
    hexagon = ethics (feeling)
    circle = sensing
    triangle = intuition
    black = extroverted
    white = introverted

all 8 function positions by inputting them into the type value system. You just have to scroll to the bottom and input your type.