• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How cynical are you?

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
64%

But, I dont think its a correct test for cynisism (dunno how you spell that). Things like 'You expect your government to lie' damn right! that's not cynical, its just common sense. Cynical is a negative word slapped on people who are not idiots.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
To be honest I prefer my government to lie. Who cares what I think, I'm just a peon. Just take care of business. As long as the reason you're lying is a good one. But I also think they're inept...

But yeah, kind of a novelty test.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
To be honest I prefer my government to lie. Who cares what I think, I'm just a peon. Just take care of business. As long as the reason you're lying is a good one. But I also think they're inept...

But yeah, kind of a novelty test.

What?? There's never a good reason to lie. Especially if your leading a group of people that have invested trust in you. I for one don't like being peed on but whatever floats your boat pal :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What?? There's never a good reason to lie. Especially if your leading a group of people that have invested trust in you. I for one don't like being peed on but whatever floats your boat pal :D

I'm of the opinion that most people are idiots, hence how would they know how to deal with a complex situation, and how would they know what is best for a complex system like a country. You have to hope the best guy is the best deceiver of the public. Our system here in America is designed to elect the best at lying and gaining popular support, which seems to indicate that the most popular opinion is the correct one, which is often not the case. Our decisions are made by politicians, who aren't politicians by trade, but doctors, basketball players, money managers, etc. Not countrymen. It's a terrible system.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Some irony for you: I was looking at the Live New Posts thing and first read:

"I think singular statements can't really be used as indicative of type. This particular statement could be used along with a number of OTHER statements to suggest a particular pattern of..." under the "Would an INTP say this" thread.

Then I looked down and saw this:

"I'm of the opinion that most people are idiots..." and thought "That HAS to be an INTP..."

Clicked over and sure enough :D

Just wanted to share that little tidbit. Carry on.

Edit: Maybe this should have gone in the other thread...

MBTI Type
INxJ
72%

You're a full blown cynic... and probably even skeptical of these results. You have your optimistic moments, but most likely, you keep them to yourself.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You Are 32% Cynical

Generally you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there are exceptions.
You buy into many of the things that mainstream society believes, but you're not anybody's fool.

Eh.

Generally speaking, I think cynicism is just parroting easy pessimism.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It's a terrible system.

Yes it is. They should organise it so we get the righteous, most spiritually and morally advanced individuals in those seats of power not fat, corrupt, greedy idiots. I don't care what they know, they only know the most about things that in the grander scheme of life itself are completeley and utterly irrelevent and wrong.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
You Are 56% Cynical
cynical-3.jpg

Yes, you are cynical, but more than anything, you're a realist.
You see what's screwed up in the world, but you also take time to remember what's right.

sade

You Are 44% Cynical

You see what's screwed up in the world, but you also take time to remember what's right.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You Are 44% Cynical

If I hadn't just consulted some Tarot cards, I'd have gotten a higher score...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You Are 48% Cynical

T

ThatGirl

You Are 12% Cynical

Cynical? Not even close! If anything, you're a bit naive.
Overall, you enjoy life and try not to be paranoid. Even if you've been burned before.

LMAO!

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
52% cynical.
Some of those statements were silly generalizations, though true a lot of the time.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are 92% cynical.

You're cynicism borders on paranoia. Worry less. You're out to get the world as much as it's out to get you.

PS: I do believe in astrology and the supernatural.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You are 92% cynical.

You're cynicism borders on paranoia. Worry less. You're out to get the world as much as it's out to get you.

PS: I do believe in astrology and the supernatural.
nobody can help you now.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Here:
You Are 76% Cynical

You're a full blown cynic... and probably even skeptical of these results.
You have your optimistic moments, but most likely, you keep them to yourself.