• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It might be helpful to view the source of the test page, this will reveal which response matches which function. And then you can find the questions where you hesitated between choosing T and F.

I'm very close on T and N. It basically comes down to one question where if I answer one way or another my highest score comes out as either T or N. So I could be either (according to the theory behind the test) an iNtp or an inTp.

Will keep this in mind to review the test the next time I take it. Might reveal areas that I end up being hesitant to go for a value based judgment... if it is true thinking, or if it is just a defense mechanism. Would have to take this again and see if I get different results.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got...

intuiting =14
sensing =5
feeling =10
thinking =8

N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
F-N-S-T = inFp, inFj, enFj, enFp
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj
T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp
S-F-T-N = iSfj, eSfp, iSfp, eSfj
T-S-N-F = isTp, esTj, isTj, esTp
S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj
F-S-N-T = isFp, esFj, isFj, esFp

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today's results:
N= 19
F= 11
T= 6
S= 1

N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N,T,S,F

iNtuiting =19
Sensing =3
Feeling =2
Thinking =13

As usual, the Feeling answers sound like Fe :dry:

Noon

F-N-S-T

feeling =13
intuiting =13
sensing =8
thinking =3

G

Ginkgo

n=17 s= 2 f = 12 t= 9

Or something. Either there's a glitch or the web designer did a poor job of allowing the program to produce results.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
n=17 s= 2 f = 12 t= 9

Or something. Either there's a glitch or the web designer did a poor job of allowing the program to produce results.

Looks to me like the NiFe with a non-closure preference. In other words, a non-standard MBTI type result.

G

Ginkgo

Looks to me like the NiFe with a non-closure preference. In other words, a non-standard MBTI type result.

Seeing as "non-closure" and "closure" are characteristic coined in the MBTI, the result makes sense, but I identify more with Ne and Fi.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That would translate to a non-closure NiTe (iNtp) instead of INTJ. Another non-standard result.
How do you tell that N>T>S>F is NiTe and not NeTi from what you quoted? Same thing for Ginko's.. how do you tell it apart from NeFi?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seeing as "non-closure" and "closure" are characteristic coined in the MBTI, the result makes sense, but I identify more with Ne and Fi.

Ok.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you tell that N>T>S>F is NiTe and not NeTi from what you quoted? Same thing for Ginko's.. how do you tell it apart from NeFi?

I leave that up to the individual. But I can't get an answer unless I respond first.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I leave that up to the individual. But I can't get an answer unless I respond first.
So you are just throwing something out there to get them to talk? I don't get how you are saying you leave it up to the individual if you are the one telling them. :shrug:

I just heard of this test today in that other thread some I'm trying to get my brain around it...

I mean.. something made you quote Ginkgo and say NiFe instead of NeFi, and I don't think Ginkgo told you to post that. I'm not getting it.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
intuiting =6
sensing =12
feeling =8
thinking =11

S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj

Cool beans.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you are just throwing something out there to get them to talk? I don't get how you are saying you leave it up to the individual if you are the one telling them. :shrug:

I just heard of this test today in that other thread some I'm trying to get my brain around it...

I mean.. something made you quote Ginko and say NiFe instead of NeFi, and I don't think Ginko told you to post that. I'm not getting it.

I do that because the test result originally gives four possibilities (see Mae's post above this one). Then the I/E preference boils that down to two possibilities. I form a hypothesis based on MBTI type on which one and throw it out there. Whether it fails or succeeds, I get the answer. In this case, I see INFP on the left side of the page, but now I see ENFP on Gingko's profile. I went with introversion and came up with NiFe because I didn't check Gingko's profile for more info.

Starry

N = 17, S = 6, F = 9, T = 6

The results only indicated I was an intuitive feeler. I wasn't entirely sure where to go from there though. Based off the results do I then rule out INFP or ENFJ? I really don't understand this.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I do that because the test result originally gives four possibilities. Then the I/E preference boils that down to two possibilities. I form a hypothesis based on MBTI type on which one and throw it out there. Whether it fails or succeeds, I get the answer. In this case, I see INFP on the right side, but now I see ENFP on Gingko's profile. But I went with introversion and came up with NiFe because I didn't check Gingko's profile for more info.
ok, gotcha, i wondered if that is what you were doing, but yeah, it won't really always work out because this forum is MBTI centric so when people have INFP over there they are generally doing it to indicate Fi and Ne right? But I can see how it helps you as input into deciphering the other thing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok, gotcha, i wondered if that is what you were doing, but yeah, it won't really always work out because this forum is MBTI centric so when people have INFP over there they are generally doing it to indicate Fi and Ne right? But I can see how it helps you as input into deciphering the other thing.

I was surprised to see Ne, but Ginkgo's profile tells the reason behind that. Notice that J and P have utterly nothing to do with the translation from one system to another.