• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suuuure...now I'm an ENTP and prpls an INTP.

Yep.

Maybe we just don't have very much Fe.

Sometimes F questions seem skewed toward Fe and S questions toward Si.

I've never seen a case where so many expected 100% results out of a self-test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, it's time to show and tell.

Go back to the site, right click on view page source, and look at the code.
There are some valid reasons to question what they're associating with T, F, S, N.
Make your own decisions.

I certainly wouldn't be betting the ranch on your results after seeing their method.

When was the last time you weren't skeptical of a test?

Let's see, that one before, you thought no test with 180 questions could be called "fun."
The one before that had some problem with it too.

Hmmm, there's a speck on my monitor - throw it away!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You haven't been familiar with MBTI long, have you?

Oh, only about a thousand years or so.

I have to work with a guy twice a week who loves to play skeptic. It's all good. :headphne:

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread (I didn't read the whole thing) but Fudjack has his own nomenclature. Although the same 4 letter codes are used, John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker assign different meaning to their type definition.

This article gives a brief overview of their system. Using MBTI INFP as an example, Fudjack/Dinkelaker would code that personality type as inF (because F has highest preference). FD33 differs from MBTI in that they add 16 more type definitions. Each of the standard 16 types can be either closure/non-closure (or directive/non-directive). So, our INFP could either be inF (closure) or inF (non-closure).

My results look like this
N 13
S 5
F 9
T 10

N-T-F-S
iNtj (INTJ closure)
iNtp (INTJ non-closure)
eNtj (ENTJ closure)
eNtp (ENTJ non-closure)

I like the F/D nomenclature - it seems to address some of inconsistencies that I have experienced in attempting to pin down my own typing.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Check your bias—and egos—at the door.

N= profound?
T= influential?
T= brilliant?

My ego is big enough. I don't need sunshine blown up my ass.

If you have paid too little attention to material things you're N
If you don't have a more meaningful life you're S
If you're not more assertive you're F
If you don't have more close friends you're T

If you can get things done you're T
If you are profound you're N
If you are warm and kind you're F
If you are stable and successful you're S

If you go to the dictionary and look up the word bias, you'll see a picture of Fudjack/Dinkelaker.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It was a decent effort...

Maybe what MBTI lacks is something like Reinin dichotomies (and even then, those are too reductionist). What tests basically amount to are oversimplified S/N T/F differences. That's pretty broad. This one is still doing the same, but tried to be more precise ("desultory".. heh). I don't know if that's the right approach to a good test or not. Precision or introducing more dichotomies. :thinking:

i wonder if it wouldn't be best to try breaking things down progressively little by little... like i remember vagrantfarce's test, which if i remember the code right would eliminate down based on your answers...

like start

N --- S
F --- T

then
Ne --- Ni
Se --- Si
Fe --- Fi
Te --- Ti

then rank accordingly

when i get more time i think i'm going to try to code something like that :thinking:

Jaguar said:
If you go to the dictionary and look up the word bias, you'll see a picture of Fudjack/Dinkelaker.

also found under "names that make you LOL"

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread (I didn't read the whole thing) but Fudjack has his own nomenclature. Although the same 4 letter codes are used, John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker assign different meaning to their type definition.

This article gives a brief overview of their system. Using MBTI INFP as an example, Fudjack/Dinkelaker would code that personality type as inF (because F has highest preference). FD33 differs from MBTI in that they add 16 more type definitions. Each of the standard 16 types can be either closure/non-closure (or directive/non-directive). So, our INFP could either be inF (closure) or inF (non-closure).

N 13
S 5
F 9
T 10

N-T-F-S
iNtj (INTJ closure)
iNtp (INTJ non-closure)
eNtj (ENTJ closure)
eNtp (ENTJ non-closure)

My T/F is pretty much even - I could just as easily test as INFJ (closure/non-closure).

I like the F/D nomenclature - it seems to address some of inconsistencies that I have experienced in attempting to pin down my own typing. If I were actually a non-closure version of an MBTI directive type (either INTJ or INFJ) then it would provide a better descriptor than the ill-fitting INTP.

that's interesting, good to know.

so MBTI directive is xxxJ, and F/D closure is J-function dom?

i've noticed in my INTP dad that he has many "J" traits, as well. i've attributed those to being J-dom in MBTI.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

N 13
S 5
F 9
T 10

N-T-F-S
iNtj (INTJ closure)
iNtp (INTJ non-closure)
eNtj (ENTJ closure)
eNtp (ENTJ non-closure)

My T/F is pretty much even - I could just as easily test as INFJ (closure/non-closure).

I like the F/D nomenclature - it seems to address some of inconsistencies that I have experienced in attempting to pin down my own typing. If I were actually a non-closure version of an MBTI directive type (either INTJ or INFJ) then it would provide a better descriptor than the ill-fitting INTP.

That's certainly true, unless you're trying to tell someone your type out loud. What then? How do you say, "I'm an inT"? Would you say, "i-n-capital-T"? Or "non-closure inT"?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
mbti type= INTP
ennea type= 4
why no types=NOTCHECKED
why no types=NOTCHECKED
intuiting =11
sensing =8
feeling =8
thinking =10
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
F-N-S-T = inFp, inFj, enFj, enFp
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj
T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp
S-F-T-N = iSfj, eSfp, iSfp, eSfj
T-S-N-F = isTp, esTj, isTj, esTp
S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj
F-S-N-T = isFp, esFj, isFj, esFp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Guy with funny last name wrote:

We know that N and F will be ranked amongst the first two prefered functions for Mike. But how does the MBTI test for the EXACT order in which Mike prefers these functions -his socalled 'functional preference order'? It doesn't. At least not directly. It determines Mike's preference order only INDIRECTLY. It INFERS it from how he scored on the four scales (I, N, F and P - in this example). And this inference is made on the basis of the very ASSUMPTION that we are calling into question - that all Introverts who have an F-N-S-T preference will necessarily test 'P'. It is a 'circular' argument; it 'begs the question'.

That's brilliant!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Guy with funny last name wrote:

We know that N and F will be ranked amongst the first two prefered functions for Mike. But how does the MBTI test for the EXACT order in which Mike prefers these functions -his socalled 'functional preference order'? It doesn't. At least not directly. It determines Mike's preference order only INDIRECTLY. It INFERS it from how he scored on the four scales (I, N, F and P - in this example). And this inference is made on the basis of the very ASSUMPTION that we are calling into question - that all Introverts who have an F-N-S-T preference will necessarily test 'P'. It is a 'circular' argument; it 'begs the question'.

That's brilliant!

It's not that brilliant.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I get why mal thinks it's "brilliant." Didn't automatically see how it related to function order like I did.

Now, mal, you'll understand wtf I was talking about for the entire thread, and why I said it was calling me an ENTP.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
thinking =13
intuiting =11
sensing =6
feeling =7

T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp

BAHAHAHA!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Though I will admit... I didn't understand quite a bit of the questions and had no stance on a bunch of them.

Oh, and I feel special because I actually knew what the word 'desultory' meant. :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Now, now, don't be skeptical. It might upset mal.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A well-considered skepticism makes sense at least.

I've been studying personality for going on two years now. I also know some of these people getting these preposterous results perhaps a tiny bit better than you, so I see just how ridiculously wrong it is, while you don't.

And you clearly don't understand enough about Jungian function theory to see exactly what Jag and skylights exposed with that code.