• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

Jaguar

The high intuiting and sensing scores also correlate well with your Synthesist-Realist score on the Bramson test.

Good to see you realized the obvious: Synthesist= N and Realist = S.
Why some people didn't figure that out in the other thread, is bizarre.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Or quiet people who do not get easily socially drained?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just don't think anyone who has encountered me and TG on the forums, and especially in vent, would call either one of us introverts.

I don't think anyone would believe it for a second about either of us.

Which is why I go ENTJ for her, no matter what she says, she doesn't act like any INTJ I've ever known.

However, I know for myself, I just HATE when people talk to me when I'm tired or when I've just woke up. I'm all like "please shut the fuck up and turn the music down, thanks."

KDude

intuiting =10
sensing =4
feeling =15
thinking =8
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
F-N-S-T = inFp, inFj, enFj, enFp
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj
T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp
S-F-T-N = iSfj, eSfp, iSfp, eSfj
T-S-N-F = isTp, esTj, isTj, esTp
S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj
F-S-N-T = isFp, esFj, isFj, esFp

Umm.. I'm not lining up ("FNTS"). If I had to pick, it'd be NFTS.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
intuiting =10
sensing =4
feeling =15
thinking =8

Why is that? You typed as ISFP for a while, so FN makes more sense for you than NF.

Jaguar

Did it ever occur to you you're not supposed to "line up"? I like to explode the wall of conventional thinking. Bombs away!

G

garbage

I like the style of questioning that seems to halfway attempt to reach out to particular experiences--it's much more relatable and a bit easier to answer more definitively that way.

This is refreshing, because quite often, test questions are just.. .. "are you a thinking person or a feeling person? lol :cool:" :doh:

here's the stuff for me:

intuiting =16
sensing =3
feeling =9
thinking =9

nothing out of the ordinary for me

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just don't think anyone who has encountered me and TG on the forums, and especially in vent, would call either one of us introverts.

:yes: :yes:

But I still wonder how much loud/quiet has to do with it. For most of my life I was like the quietest/least talkative person ever but once I get going I can be extremely expressive/engaging. I think things start to tip to the E scale considering that I can practically scare people away with my enthusiasm. But I agree that if someone is loud and outspoken, that can be an indicator in itself, but maybe not the other way around....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:yes: :yes:

But I still wonder how much loud/quiet has to do with it. For most of my life I was like the quietest/least talkative person ever but once I get going I can be extremely expressive/engaging. I think things start to tip to the E scale considering that I can practically scare people away with my enthusiasm. But I agree that if someone is loud and outspoken, that can be an indicator in itself, but maybe not the other way around....

Well, I identify more with other ENFPs. I've noticed that my life experience and flaws match up much more with ENFPs than INFPs, overall. And I know I am talkative...like to the point of being a chatter-box who won't shut up at times...I know how to charm and win people over if I have to, I used to pride myself on this when I was younger, almost like "selling myself"...and I'm over all probably more of an initiator like an extrovert, as well as my enthusiasm and occasional loudness. I'm also VERY expressive and apparently INFPs keep their feelings inside more, unless they're around people they trust. I also like to "think out loud" either by talking or writing rather than inside my head, and bounce ideas off of other people.

But I think the reason why I score mildly introvert sometimes is because I really just want to be away from people sometimes, and a lot of times I don't want people to talk to me.

However, I've been told this has nothing to do with introversion or extroversion. It just feels like it at times, though I may be comparing myself with extroverted sensors instead of extroverted intuitives for the most part.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yes the trust thing is big at least for me, and even people I trust I often don't tell them what I'm feeling.

wolfy

awsm
So what did I test as? Low S in this test.

n =13 s =4 f =11 t = 9

intuiting =13
sensing =4
feeling =11
thinking =9

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what did I test as? Low S in this test.

n =13 s =4 f =11 t = 9

intuiting =13
sensing =4
feeling =11
thinking =9

All else being equal - INFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I identify more with other ENFPs. I've noticed that my life experience and flaws match up much more with ENFPs than INFPs, overall. And I know I am talkative...like to the point of being a chatter-box who won't shut up at times...I know how to charm and win people over if I have to, I used to pride myself on this when I was younger, almost like "selling myself"...and I'm over all probably more of an initiator like an extrovert, as well as my enthusiasm and occasional loudness. I'm also VERY expressive and apparently INFPs keep their feelings inside more, unless they're around people they trust. I also like to "think out loud" either by talking or writing rather than inside my head, and bounce ideas off of other people.

But I think the reason why I score mildly introvert sometimes is because I really just want to be away from people sometimes, and a lot of times I don't want people to talk to me.

However, I've been told this has nothing to do with introversion or extroversion.

Yes, PersonalityPages lists that as an ENFP trait. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.

KDude

Why is that? You typed as ISFP for a while, so FN makes more sense for you than NF.

I'm not quite exactly as F on first impulse as these types would suggest. It doesn't bother me to offer ideas or criticism (not always value-oriented criticism either. I'm not immune to relaying "Te" on some subject I've devoted time to). I try to be considerate in doing that, but I don't have a compulsion to build consensus. It's more like something I like to keep in mind and move towards. Rather than just choose right off the bat. I notice that some IFPs' are more harmonizing. Some say they even put on masks too. I don't understand that. It sounds like complete lack of disclosure. I'm more casual than anxious. If I was asked to worry about people on that level, I'd move to an island and not to speak to anyone then. That would be a burden that eventually would make me go insane. Some "F" I am, right?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, PersonalityPages lists that as an ENFP trait. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.

Yeah, I'm a confirmed ENFP now several times over - not only through function theory but also through the official MBTI test.

I didn't understand MBTI at first and thought I was INFP or INFJ. Though now I see just how preposterous it is that I could ever be any kind of FJ. I lack their diplomacy, tact, focus on other people, et al. Not to mention that INFJs are often equally or even more reserved than INFPs, while I'm just all over the place being obliviously inappropriate.

It's just that on the vast majority of free tests I took the overwhelming answers were either ENFP or INFP with very borderline (50/50 or 60/40) extroversion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not quite exactly as F on first impulse as these types would suggest. It doesn't bother me to offer ideas or criticism (not always value-oriented criticism either. I'm not immune to relaying "Te" on some subject I've devoted time to). I try to be considerate in doing that, but I don't have a compulsion to build consensus. It's more like something I like to keep in mind and move towards. Rather than just choose right off the bat. I notice that some IFPs' are more harmonizing. Some say they even put on masks too. I don't understand that. It sounds like complete lack of disclosure. I'm more casual than anxious. If I was asked to worry about people on that level, I'd move to an island and not to speak to anyone then. That would be a burden that eventually would make me go insane. Some "F" I am, right?

I don't know man. Even I got T on this test.

I just think that perhaps you aren't as meek or harmonizing as some INFPs. Not all INFPs are like that, it's a lame stereotype I think, that all INFPs are these push-overs.

That's not the case.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And I know I am talkative...like to the point of being a chatter-box who won't shut up at times...I know how to charm and win people over if I have to, I used to pride myself on this when I was younger, almost like "selling myself"...and I'm over all probably more of an initiator like an extrovert, as well as my enthusiasm and occasional loudness. I'm also VERY expressive and apparently INFPs keep their feelings inside more, unless they're around people they trust. I also like to "think out loud" either by talking or writing rather than inside my head, and bounce ideas off of other people.

Yeah.... I think if the tests are placing you over on the I side it is because they are way overemphasizing the "prefer to be with people or alone" part, while disregarding how obviously extraverted you are otherwise, and forgetting that everyone needs a break from people sometimes. Also, functionwise, your type is quite clear. My case is a little less clear because I'm expressive and love the idea-bouncing but also quiet and don't initiate conversations hardly at all.... AND the function tests still want to see me as slightly T-dominant. But I've decided not to take the tests nearly that seriously anymore :tongue:

The_World_As_Will

Disagree but w/e ...

first name= Michael
last name=
email=
gender= male
mbti type= INTP
ennea type= 5w4
why no types=NOTCHECKED
why no types=NOTCHECKED
intuiting =11
sensing =7
feeling =12
thinking =7

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah.... I think if the tests are placing you over on the I side it is because they are way overemphasizing the "prefer to be with people or alone" part, while disregarding how obviously extraverted you are otherwise, and forgetting that everyone needs a break from people sometimes. Also, functionwise, your type is quite clear. My case is a little less clear because I'm expressive and love the idea-bouncing but also quiet and don't initiate conversations hardly at all.... AND the function tests still want to see me as slightly T-dominant. But I've decided not to take the tests nearly that seriously anymore :tongue:

Yeah it's good not to take the tests too seriously...except in my case I did keep seeing "NFP" "NFP" "NFP" "NFP."

I'm sincerely puzzled at why I ever thought I was an INFJ. It doesn't even make sense. "they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones"...that's even from the Keirsey description. I'm not even a Keirsey INFJ by any stretch of the imagination. Only shares their innermost thoughts and emotional reactions with their loved ones? I'm pretty much the opposite of that.

I'm also perpetually late, hate schedules, and only say I love structure because I'm attracted to men who provide it for me.

I bet it's the justice/mercy question. Me and my damned justice!!! :wink: