• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Alright, I have some issue with the premise of the F/D notation. So the idea is that their non-standard function patterns imply the possibility of an N/S dominant IXXP or an F/T dominant IXXJ (or an N/S dom EXXJ or an F/T EXXP). The problem that I see with this is that it just seems to be based on the idea that a P is characterized only by preferring to remain open and that a J is classified by preferring closure. I've read very little of what MBTI experts say, but I was under the impression that P and J in reality just serve to clarify function order, in which case any new notation is really pointless because an iNfp is really just an INFJ anyway...only one who supposedly prefers to remain open...which sounds entirely like an entirely subjective interpretation to me, I don't think that these are a totally different class of types.

The test also permits another set of non-traditional preference orders that are outlawed by virtue of MBTI conventions -
namely, those in which N and S (or T and F) occupy the dominant and auxiliary positions (for instance, 'S-N-T-F' or 'F-T-N-S').

So, the order you have is precisely the point Fudjack/Dinkelaker were trying to make.

Read:
F/D Preference-Order Indicator

Some people better make up their mind if they are looking for what is true, or what is true of a theory.
There is a big difference between the two.

The thing is, I do not think my function order looks like T-F-N-S (though I do think it is possibly a different variation, I find it gets harder and harder to say). I think in my case the test might just be wrong.

But nonetheless the whole business of trying to determine my order makes me think that function order is a flawed theory. People are probably a pretty good jumble of their top functions, even with their preferences.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked the test, as the questions were much more interesting than those on many personality tests. My results reflect what I've felt for a while matches how I am, despite the fact that I'm INFJ as far as personality type goes.

intuiting =15
sensing =4
feeling =8
thinking =10

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N - 13
S - 3
F - 5
T - 16

Christmas was really tough for me this year, I'm trying to be more feelery... I've already managed to forget two birthdays, misunderstand the meaning of christmas, get called a selfish prick and an asshole, told off for not kissing my grandma, and awkwardly said 'ahhh... have a... ummm... nice something... happy new year?' :doh: disasterous... all of it unintentional, I always have good intentions.

I just realized though that some of those things happened because of a lack of sense... I still don't remember when that birthday is... :thinking:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
anybody notice how ridiculous/awesome the name of this thing is?

I mean really? fudjack/dinkelaker? Just say that out loud a few times.

Jaguar

I liked the test, as the questions were much more interesting than those on many personality tests. My results reflect what I've felt for a while matches how I am, despite the fact that I'm INFJ as far as personality type goes.

intuiting =15
sensing =4
feeling =8
thinking =10

That's what I think about those questions, too.

F&D asks, "What if?" What if MBTI is wrong and what if people actually have different function preferences than is "allowed."
Well, no theory if it is worth a crap would only "allow" a person to have a certain order.

Needless to say, my answer to one of the questions on that test was, "I tend to look for what is true."

anybody notice how ridiculous/awesome the name of this thing is?

Anybody notice how Sim never partakes in any online tests? :thinking:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I've done this one before, but if that's the case, then here it is again:

NFTS

N=19
F=9
T=7
S=2

Yup.

Very accurate. :yes:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
T-12
N-10
S-8
F-5

In other words I confirm the stereotype :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take The Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument Challenge!

Here is a short test (33 Q's) by John Fudjack at his finest. Yes it is short, but difficult. The test-maker has a huge vocabulary (an obvious 5) and never seems to take time to consider the test-taker's ability to comprehend the questions.

It is also another example of his constant data-mining for cross-system comparisons. But you're not required to fill in your MBTI to send in the results.

I filled it out using my real name; I wonder if he'll remember me? I'm not a friend of his but I used to chat with a friend of his.

My result was

N = 11
S = 9
F = 6
T = 11

It also brought me to a page of very obscure results. Here's the test link:

http://tap3x.net/indicators/5level2b.html

He would get better data-mining results if he would only simplify the questions rather than writing tests for people on his own level of intellect.

8. When I am conversing with someone, I get most annoyed when they speak in a way that is
(A) mystifying
(B) desultory

desultory???

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
gender= female
mbti type= INFP
ennea type=
why no types=dont know
why no types=NOTCHECKED
intuiting =8
sensing =7
feeling =8
thinking =14
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
F-N-S-T = inFp, inFj, enFj, enFp
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj
T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp
S-F-T-N = iSfj, eSfp, iSfp, eSfj
T-S-N-F = isTp, esTj, isTj, esTp
S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj
F-S-N-T = isFp, esFj, isFj, esFp

I didn't like that test most of the answers didn't fit or all of them fitted and I have no clue what my results mean

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gender= female
mbti type= INFP
ennea type=
why no types=dont know
why no types=NOTCHECKED
intuiting =8
sensing =7
feeling =8
thinking =14

I didn't like that test most of the answers didn't fit or all of them fitted and I have no clue what my results mean

As far as I can tell your function preference is NT. According to this test. According to whether or not you understood the word "desultory" lol. The terminology gave me trouble and I'm a type 5, if that means anything.

It appears that this part

comes out the same for everybody. The interesting results are just above that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well even if you do understand the meanings of every option he's acting like things can't be related when they can be. or heaven forbid you don't fit in any of the catagories some of the options I was like none of these are me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well even if you do understand the meanings of every option he's acting like things can't be related when they can be. or heaven forbid you don't fit in any of the catagories some of the options I was like none of these are me.

UPDATE: it is possible to get results without filling in all the questions. You can even leave them all blank and it still gives results (a 0 for each function).

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
intuiting =13
sensing =5
feeling =11
thinking =8

I didn't think it was hard to understand. (Though I had to look up desultory)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
intuiting = 18
feeling = 10
thinking = 6
sensing = 3

so does that mean in order of strength of preference I am N-F-T-S (top row?)