First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    These are slightly weird results; apparently I have nothing in particular except intuition.

intuiting =20
    sensing =5
    feeling =6
    thinking =6
    N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp,
    N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp,
    I took out everything but the relevant possibilities. I left those with P optional because
    the test does not have a scale for that, and it doesn't mean quite the same thing
    in this theory.

What's really relevant here is that you seek either "openness" or "closure" around
    the dominant N. The MBTI does not predict closure for the Ni, but the FD33 allows for
    it because the MBTI only assumes that no Ni would seek closure around N. But it does not
    know that this never happens. And there is no empirical evidence to suggest that this
    never happens.

This test was designed to gather the empirical evidence needed to decide once and for
    all in a scientific manner that Myers and Briggs never bothered with. They only
    assumed that their theory was correct. And the MBTI test "proves" that it is - ad hoc.

Once can always "prove" that such and such theory is correct by never giving any
    alternative theories a chance, in this case, Myers and Briggs created a test that never
    allows for any other answer but the one desired by the test-makers.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    So...

I scored:
    N: 19
    F: 11
    T: 4
    S: 3

Of the NFTS types offered, eNfp fits... and since our Dominant function is Ne... that annoying and somewhat condescending-sounding quiz told me NOTHING.
    There are no type descriptions to know if the eNfp fits for you on this theory. The letters simply match up with your MBTI result. But that result doesn't mean the same thing on this type theory. Assuming that eNfp is truly your type out of the 3 others that you left behind, then it means, according to them, non-closure around Ne. And that would be equivalent to the MBTI enfp.

But in fact, you could be a Ne who seeks closure. In that case, it would explain certain discrepancies you might have noticed between your standard type description and your actual self-knowledge. Perhaps (let's say) you've noticed in the past that you have a certain recognizable J aspect to your personality not explained by the MBTI.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I found the problem with this test. Something about it makes people start to over-think things. One of the rules of testing is to go with your first instinct. But it's kind of hard to do when I can't understand some of the questions.
    Yep, there's one issue.

I'd like to see some more sensors take this test. I'm too lazy to look throughout this whole thread, but the two sensors I saw post their scores here (including myself) scored dramatically high on N. Just wondering if the test may also be skewed somehow.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Yep, there's one issue.
    If we've found one issue, there might be more - and much has to do with the tester's changing self-perception over time. It's important to know that functions are not fixed in place, and that as we grow older some of the less dominant functions begin to make themselves felt from when we tested the very first time.

I'd like to see some more sensors take this test. I'm too lazy to look throughout this whole thread, but the two sensors I saw post their scores here (including myself) scored dramatically high on N. Just wondering if the test may also be skewed somehow.
    Your pattern shows T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp. That means you seek either closure or non-closure around your dominant T. The N doesn't play any role in that.

If you know you're an introvert, then you can knock out two of those options, leaving inTp and inTj, which represent T closure and
    T non-closure. The inTj type is not allowed for by traditional MBTI theory which has only the iNtj type.

What does your MBTI FiSi mean? I've seen more than one idea on this, but to me it means ENFP. And if it means introverted feeling with introverted sensing, then it is not MBTI nomenclature. I've seen a lot of varying symbolization on this board. An INFP put FiNe, which makes sense for MBTI. I'm guessing it has to do with the Loomis test?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Or this test is just wrong and overly simplistic.

your resident asshole

If we've found one issue, there might be more - and much has to do with the tester's changing self-perception over time. It's important to know that functions are not fixed in place, and that as we grow older some of the less dominant functions begin to make themselves felt from when we tested the very first time.
    Yeah... I was sort of implying there is more than one thing wrong with the test when I said that.

Your pattern shows T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp.
    Did you not see my :yim_rolling_on_the_ emoticon when I posted that? I am a complete sensor and most likely a feeler. Ask anyone who's seen me post a couple of times and they'd agree that I'm an S.

What does your MBTI FiSi mean?
    It means nothing. I felt like I was using those functions a lot at the moment, so I decided to put them in. Sometimes I decide to change what I put there just because I can. I need something more clever to put there though.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I found the problem with this test. Something about it makes people start to over-think things. One of the rules of testing is to go with your first instinct. But it's kind of hard to do when I can't understand some of the questions.
    first instinct/answering very fast isnt that important, but understanding the question properly is.

i found a problem few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im just saying that its one of the basics in this kind of stuff that the questions NEED to be understood with anyone who can pretty much barely talk.. possible misunderstandings of people who are being assessed can cause tests reliability go down really much. so no matter how well(and intellectually) the test is done on other things, the whole thing can fail on this basic thing. i mean this was like the first thing they thought us on psychological research course.. this sort of stuff can cause bias towards some types because some types might be better at understanding this sort of 'hard to get' language and he will get more reliable results from those types -> other types are more random -> the test fails. or it might just be that there will be so many random answers from all types and it wont be just bias towards certain types, but failure on the whole thing.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah... I was sort of implying there is more than one thing wrong with the test when I said that.

Did you not see my :yim_rolling_on_the_ emoticon when I posted that? I am a complete sensor and most likely a feeler. Ask anyone who's seen me post a couple of times and they'd agree that I'm an S.
    Couldn't you at least read to the point, not far after that, where I said the closure/non-closure aspect was more important than the s/n score?

your resident asshole

Couldn't you at least read to the point, not far after that, where I said the closure/non-closure aspect was more important than the s/n score?
    I read it, but I didn't really understand what you meant, so I chose not to respond to that portion.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I read it, but I didn't really understand what you meant, so I chose not to respond to that portion.
    There's no harm in asking.

Closure and non-closure are pretty basic to the MBTI. They are represented by J and P, respectively.