• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intuiting =17
sensing =4
feeling =4
thinking =12

that really doesn't seem right.

I've boiled the options down to these two based on your introversion.

N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp

From what I've learned about this theory, you're an introverted intuitive who seeks closure.

In MBTI theory, the j/p has a dual purpose: to determine if you seek closure or non-closure, and to determine your dominant function.

Fudgy's theory separates these two aspects of the j/p. He has retained the closure/non-closure aspect of the j/p, but has left it up to the test to determine your dominant function. Whereas before, the j/p score would have determined your dominant function.

According to the MBTI (as you know), the INFJ has iNtuition as its dominant trait as determined by the J (and introversion). The FD33 test has also determined that iNtuition is your dominant trait. So far so good!

But what the FD33 is not saying is that the J determines your dominant trait. This was determined purely by means of your score on the N scale. The J is saying, however, that you seek closure around iNtuition. In other words, iNtuition is not just used to gather information from, let's say, patterns, in order to make judgments; it is the judgment per se. "The medium is the message."

Does that sound correct?

If you want to know more about the high T score, then I would look at the test scores to consider why you chose this versus that answer and compare it to the page source which was posted above in the thread. The page source reveals the test key.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
N: 8
S: 9
T: 10
F: 10

I don't think I've ever been so balanced before. :huh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Take The Fudjack/Dinkelaker Functional Preferences Instrument Challenge!

I think I won't and say I did.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, the new "j/p" is what they use for this new "closure" factor. (Even though "closure" is supposed to be apart of the MBTI J/P. I would say that when P's desire "closure, it's likely from being dominant Ji. This would explain my own identification with the notion of "closure" sometimes. They desire internal rather than external closure like a J. If this is so. then it is already implicit in the other letters).

I don't believe this is correct. Internal closure is not implied in the other letters in MBTI. The MBTI nomenclature was based on the assumption that all closure was external. (And this was based on some reading of Jung that attempted to account for some gaps of knowledge in his typology.) The purpose of the J/P, in conjunction with I/E, was to make sure that all closure will be in an externalized form, whether it involves a dominant or auxiliary function. This is the assumption that Fudgy has called into question.

Also, if they wanted to integrate a fifth factor like that, why not use Comfort/Discomfort (The missing Neuroticism factor of the more psychologically respected FFM)?

I'm all for that. Neuroticism may account for the phenomenon of the so-called introverted extravert. This does not necessarily mean that an extraverted person has turned inward, but that the personality traits which were at one time dominant and external have turned inward due to a loss of self-confidence.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't waste your time imagining unrealistic possibilities - learn how to use statistics to assess the viability of a strategy.

Si-linkable

Isn't one better off learning how to make accurate observations than trying to honor mere hunches?

Se-linkable

I am more intrigued by patterns

Not linked enough to S

When I am in a leadership position I often find I am best as a good steward

Not linked enough to S

I would least like being called an idealist

Linkable to S in general

When I am conversing with someone, I get most annoyed when they speak in a way that is mystifying

Linkable to S in general

I'd say that I'm most often concerned with what is

Linkable to S in general

I am most likely to feel disoriented by too many choices

Linkable to Si

I am least offended when I am labeled an empiricist

Linkable to Se

Although I don't like it, I must admit that I can sometimes get superstitious and somewhat flakey

Not linkable enough to S

Although I may not brag about it, I can sometimes be perfectly precise and thorough

Not linkable enough to S

People with whom I am not compatible might misconstrue my actions as uptight

Linkable to Si

At this point in my life I probably need to learn how to be more creative

Ummmm.... I'm not sure...

Make of this as you wish.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found the problem with this test. Something about it makes people start to over-think things. One of the rules of testing is to go with your first instinct. But it's kind of hard to do when I can't understand some of the questions.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are slightly weird results; apparently I have nothing in particular except intuition.

intuiting =20
sensing =5
feeling =6
thinking =6
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp, eNfp, eNfj
F-N-S-T = inFp, inFj, enFj, enFp
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp, eNtp, eNtj
T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp
S-F-T-N = iSfj, eSfp, iSfp, eSfj
T-S-N-F = isTp, esTj, isTj, esTp
S-T-F-N = iStj, eStp, iStp, eStj
F-S-N-T = isFp, esFj, isFj, esFp

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So...

I scored:
N: 19
F: 11
T: 4
S: 3

Of the NFTS types offered, eNfp fits... and since our Dominant function is Ne... that annoying and somewhat condescending-sounding quiz told me NOTHING.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are slightly weird results; apparently I have nothing in particular except intuition.

intuiting =20
sensing =5
feeling =6
thinking =6
N-F-T-S = iNfj, iNfp,
N-T-F-S = iNtj, iNtp,

I took out everything but the relevant possibilities. I left those with P optional because
the test does not have a scale for that, and it doesn't mean quite the same thing
in this theory.

What's really relevant here is that you seek either "openness" or "closure" around
the dominant N. The MBTI does not predict closure for the Ni, but the FD33 allows for
it because the MBTI only assumes that no Ni would seek closure around N. But it does not
know that this never happens. And there is no empirical evidence to suggest that this
never happens.

This test was designed to gather the empirical evidence needed to decide once and for
all in a scientific manner that Myers and Briggs never bothered with. They only
assumed that their theory was correct. And the MBTI test "proves" that it is - ad hoc.

Once can always "prove" that such and such theory is correct by never giving any
alternative theories a chance, in this case, Myers and Briggs created a test that never
allows for any other answer but the one desired by the test-makers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So...

I scored:
N: 19
F: 11
T: 4
S: 3

Of the NFTS types offered, eNfp fits... and since our Dominant function is Ne... that annoying and somewhat condescending-sounding quiz told me NOTHING.

There are no type descriptions to know if the eNfp fits for you on this theory. The letters simply match up with your MBTI result. But that result doesn't mean the same thing on this type theory. Assuming that eNfp is truly your type out of the 3 others that you left behind, then it means, according to them, non-closure around Ne. And that would be equivalent to the MBTI enfp.

But in fact, you could be a Ne who seeks closure. In that case, it would explain certain discrepancies you might have noticed between your standard type description and your actual self-knowledge. Perhaps (let's say) you've noticed in the past that you have a certain recognizable J aspect to your personality not explained by the MBTI.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I found the problem with this test. Something about it makes people start to over-think things. One of the rules of testing is to go with your first instinct. But it's kind of hard to do when I can't understand some of the questions.

Yep, there's one issue.

I'd like to see some more sensors take this test. I'm too lazy to look throughout this whole thread, but the two sensors I saw post their scores here (including myself) scored dramatically high on N. Just wondering if the test may also be skewed somehow.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, there's one issue.

If we've found one issue, there might be more - and much has to do with the tester's changing self-perception over time. It's important to know that functions are not fixed in place, and that as we grow older some of the less dominant functions begin to make themselves felt from when we tested the very first time.

I'd like to see some more sensors take this test. I'm too lazy to look throughout this whole thread, but the two sensors I saw post their scores here (including myself) scored dramatically high on N. Just wondering if the test may also be skewed somehow.

Your pattern shows T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp. That means you seek either closure or non-closure around your dominant T. The N doesn't play any role in that.

If you know you're an introvert, then you can knock out two of those options, leaving inTp and inTj, which represent T closure and
T non-closure. The inTj type is not allowed for by traditional MBTI theory which has only the iNtj type.

What does your MBTI FiSi mean? I've seen more than one idea on this, but to me it means ENFP. And if it means introverted feeling with introverted sensing, then it is not MBTI nomenclature. I've seen a lot of varying symbolization on this board. An INFP put FiNe, which makes sense for MBTI. I'm guessing it has to do with the Loomis test?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Or this test is just wrong and overly simplistic.

/DG/

If we've found one issue, there might be more - and much has to do with the tester's changing self-perception over time. It's important to know that functions are not fixed in place, and that as we grow older some of the less dominant functions begin to make themselves felt from when we tested the very first time.
Yeah... I was sort of implying there is more than one thing wrong with the test when I said that.

Your pattern shows T-N-S-F = inTp, enTj, inTj, enTp.
Did you not see my :yim_rolling_on_the_ emoticon when I posted that? I am a complete sensor and most likely a feeler. Ask anyone who's seen me post a couple of times and they'd agree that I'm an S.

What does your MBTI FiSi mean?
It means nothing. I felt like I was using those functions a lot at the moment, so I decided to put them in. Sometimes I decide to change what I put there just because I can. I need something more clever to put there though.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

first instinct/answering very fast isnt that important, but understanding the question properly is.

i found a problem few days ago

im just saying that its one of the basics in this kind of stuff that the questions NEED to be understood with anyone who can pretty much barely talk.. possible misunderstandings of people who are being assessed can cause tests reliability go down really much. so no matter how well(and intellectually) the test is done on other things, the whole thing can fail on this basic thing. i mean this was like the first thing they thought us on psychological research course.. this sort of stuff can cause bias towards some types because some types might be better at understanding this sort of 'hard to get' language and he will get more reliable results from those types -> other types are more random -> the test fails. or it might just be that there will be so many random answers from all types and it wont be just bias towards certain types, but failure on the whole thing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah... I was sort of implying there is more than one thing wrong with the test when I said that.

Did you not see my :yim_rolling_on_the_ emoticon when I posted that? I am a complete sensor and most likely a feeler. Ask anyone who's seen me post a couple of times and they'd agree that I'm an S.

Couldn't you at least read to the point, not far after that, where I said the closure/non-closure aspect was more important than the s/n score?

/DG/

Couldn't you at least read to the point, not far after that, where I said the closure/non-closure aspect was more important than the s/n score?

I read it, but I didn't really understand what you meant, so I chose not to respond to that portion. :laugh:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read it, but I didn't really understand what you meant, so I chose not to respond to that portion. :laugh:

There's no harm in asking.

Closure and non-closure are pretty basic to the MBTI. They are represented by J and P, respectively.