• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Golden Compass Daemon Test (Actually quite good)

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Shy Loving Soul

You are a sensitive and shy person. You want to be loved and liked, but you don't think people actually like you very much, and that hurts to think about. You like to be with your family and friends, who care about you. When you are with them, you can open up and talk and be yourself. Among strangers, however, you are nervous and tend to clam up. People are often surprised at how talkative you can be once they get to know you, because you appear to be so quiet and bland at first. You hide your feelings from people whom you do not know well, because you don't know if you can trust them. With your loved ones you can be more yourself.

Your feelings are easily hurt, and you tend to be easily embarassed. You are sensitive, and your loved ones may even tease you about being a little TOO sensitive at times. When your feelings are hurt, you don't always let on. You don't like confrontations, and you are not the sort of person to throw a melodramatic hissy fit. You just tend to fret over it for a few days, until eventually the misunderstanding is cleared up, or time heals the wound.

Your daemon would represent your shyness and sensitivity, and your love of family, and your tendency to hide your feelings from strangers. He or She would probably hide in your pocket or sit on your shoulder where he/she would whisper comfort into your ear.

Suggested forms: Rabbit, Dormouse, Dik-dik, Sighthound

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calm Thoughtful Soul

(a raven would be nice)

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Calm Thoughtful Soul
Calm Thoughtful Soul

You are a calm and restrained person, and you don't usually let your emotions get the better of you. Your friends and family are very important to you, and you enjoy spending time with them. However, you need to get away from them occasionally, because you need regular time to yourself to unwind a bit.

You are thoughtful and sensitive to the needs of others, especially your loved ones. You make an excellent listener, and your friends rely on you to be their rock in times of trouble. It is rare that you ask them to return the favour, however: you are a private person, and you rarely talk about your feelings. You don't like confrontation, and you don't usually react when someone hurts your feelings. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and you don't want to cause a fuss. You pick your battles, and when someone steps over the line, you surprise them with the vehemence of your emotions.

Your daemon's form would represent your poised, confident nature and your calm self restraint. He or she would probably rarely speak in public, but when alone, you and he/she could review the day, and he or she could provide the reassurance and comfort that you deny yourself by keeping your emotions bottled up.

Suggested forms: Cheetah, Crane, Wolf, Raven.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Social Joker Soul
You an an extroverted, playful and confident sort of person. You seek out excitement, and you love to be right in the thick of things. You are enthusiastic, garrulous, and you love to attend large social gatherings. You love to laugh. If you spend too much time at home, away from friends and fun, you tend to "fade", becoming tired and a little depressed. A fun night out with your friends soon re-energizes you, though.

You make friends easily, and you probably jump between several groups of people. You probably have a group of friends for every need - the friends you drink with, the friends you jam with, the friends you talk with about the meaning of life... You blend in with each group of people, showing your sensitive side when you are with certain friends, and hiding it from others. You love to meet new people, and to make new friends. However, you are not a slave to popularity. You will speak your mind to defend yourself or one of your friends if necessary. You are no shrinking violet, and you are more than capable of fighting your way out of a tight corner.

That being said, your confidence and your enthusiasm for fun can sometimes lead to your making thoughtless comments which hurt or insult people. These people, however, are probably over-sensitive squares who don't appreciate your sense of humour. You don't have much time for people like that, anyway.

Your daemon's form would represent your social, playful, yet honest personality. He or she would probably urge you to create further mayhem, or would make snide comments in your ear about the people you meet on a daily basis.

Suggested forms: Toucan, Crow, Macaque or Bonobo, African Wild Dog, Macaw.

Out of all the suggested animals, Macaw resonates with me.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
12184909465563964812.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Distant Loner Soul

You scored -9% on Extroversion, higher than 17% of your peers.
You scored -14% on Sensitivity, higher than 10% of your peers.
You scored -15% on Openness, higher than 8% of your peers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine changed to Independent Soul

- You scored -10% on Extroversion, higher than 15% of your peers.
- You scored 7% on Sensitivity, higher than 81% of your peers.
- You scored -1% on Openness, higher than 42% of your peers.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tough Sensitive Soul

You are a family oriented person, and you are a good friend. You are selective about who you call "friend", however - not every acquaintance makes the cut. You like to spend regular time with the people whom you are close to, but you need time to yourself, too. If you are left too long without seeing your friends and family, you wilt, and if you see too MUCH of them, you become tired and irritable.

You are a sensitive and caring person, and you are very considerate of your friends' feelings. You are easily hurt, however, and people often hurt you accidentally with off-hand comments. You dislike confrontation, and your friends often do not realize that they have accidentally hurt you. You keep your emotions bottled up, rarely showing anger, or sadness. You don't want people to know how very sensitive you are, so you hide it under a tough, calm exterior.

Your daemon would reflect your sensitive, thoughtful nature, and your tough exterior. He or she would provide you with the emotional support that you deny yourself, by not telling your family and friends how you really feel.

Suggested forms: Gorilla, Orangutan, Gibbon, Hare, Bat

You scored -4% on Extroversion, higher than 32% of your peers.
You scored 12% on Sensitivity, higher than 93% of your peers.
You scored -10% on Openness, higher than 16% of your peers.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Calm Thoughtful Soul

You are a calm and restrained person, and you don't usually let your emotions get the better of you. Your friends and family are very important to you, and you enjoy spending time with them. However, you need to get away from them occasionally, because you need regular time to yourself to unwind a bit.

You are thoughtful and sensitive to the needs of others, especially your loved ones. You make an excellent listener, and your friends rely on you to be their rock in times of trouble. It is rare that you ask them to return the favour, however: you are a private person, and you rarely talk about your feelings. You don't like confrontation, and you don't usually react when someone hurts your feelings. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and you don't want to cause a fuss. You pick your battles, and when someone steps over the line, you surprise them with the vehemence of your emotions.

Your daemon's form would represent your poised, confident nature and your calm self restraint. He or she would probably rarely speak in public, but when alone, you and he/she could review the day, and he or she could provide the reassurance and comfort that you deny yourself by keeping your emotions bottled up.

Suggested forms: Cheetah, Crane, Wolf, Raven.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Opinionated Soul

You are a confident and talkative personality. Occasionally people are hurt by the jokes you make, or the things you say. If they are, though, they should tell you. You would tell them. You don't like passive aggressive people who get upset or hurt but then don't say anything - instead mentioning it to a friend of yours later, or in a blog post or email. You have no patience for this kind of behaviour. If someone says something that offends you, you tell them, and you would expect the same courtesy in return.

Your loved ones know that you are not as callous as some people think you are. In fact, you don't like truly cruel people, and you are quick to defend underdogs. You are simply open about your opinions, and you enjoy a good joke. You don't want to have to - and shouldn't have to - alter or moderate your behaviour just because somebody touchy is in the room.

You love to spend time with your friends, but you are selective about who you call "friend". You don't have much patience with most people. The people whom you admit to your inner circle are people whom you can respect, and who are able to deal with your quick temper and brash humour.

Your daemon's form would represent your confident, impatient nature, and your opinionated ways. He or she would probably enjoy sparring verbally with you, and would make jokes in your ear at other people's expense.

Suggested forms: Blue Jay, Terrier, Go-Away Bird, Turaco, Mockingbird, Amazon Parrot.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the link is not working.

failytales

MBTI Type
INFP
I first read His Dark Materials when I was in fifth or sixth grade, probably around 2010-11. Of course I fell in love with it, and especially with the idea of having a daemon companion. I spent hours on the family computer looking up various quizzes that would tell me what my daemon was, getting a variety of results and puzzling over which could be the "correct" one.

And this quiz was, by far, my favorite. It was the only one that gave me a concrete personality assessment (not that my personality had settled at that young age, lol) and a whole selection of animal shapes to choose from. Even with the number of questions, it was a blast.

Ten years later, a tweet reminded me of my favorite daemon quiz. I spent an hour at 1am scouring the internet for it - only to find the link broken. I was crushed.

Then I found this forum thread.

I want to extend to you, internet strangers, my deepest gratitude. By sharing your results, you have inadvertently meticulously documented (I think) every single outcome on that quiz. Even if the questions are gone, the results are still there for me to read, reassess my own personality as an adult, and (silly as it is) reassign myself a daemon. I know I sound goofy as hell saying this about an internet quiz, to a roomful of what very well might be 90% inactive accounts, but you have all returned to me and allowed me to preserve a very important childhood memory.

Thank you.