• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
but....is it really "fail-safe", this test of yours??? :devil:
Fail-Safe doesn't mean "nothing can go wrong." It just means, in this case, if your answers aren't consistent you won't get a result.

I've picked ENFP for years now after jumping around on MBTI tests (real ones, with the number 2 pencil and everything) in my teens and early 20s. I identify as ENFP...

TOTAL = ENFX.
It makes sense. You seem ENFP to me. Your X, I'll just have to write off as "the way it goes," I think, being as you're likely on the border on question two.

INTP - to use a blunt instrument in the rough and ready manner it calls for. I could have easily gone with INTJ on another day. Seems better for extremes / non-ambiguous cases.
Rough and ready, aww yeah. As are all tests imo.

These really do not seem mutually exclusive.
They aren't even supposed to be!
And I'd still pick A.
Don't care!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So how is your little culling going on here ? Queen of the Wraith ? :D

Is there still a planet left, with an unindoctrinated soul or are they all swept empty ? :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So how is your little culling going on here ? Queen of the Wraith ? :D

Is there still a planet left, with an unindoctrinated soul or are they all swept empty ? :D
I'm surprised I haven't been cast out of Valhalla and laughed at yet, to be honest.

Got any ideas for the T/F selector for question 5?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouh thats difficult, I came to get to know Fi, Fe and Ti and Te as four different things.

But I can not describe it :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Which of the options is truest for you? If every option fits well, or no option fits well, simply choose the most appropriate answer. Please choose only one answer per question.

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my acquired knowledge.
B and D. Perhaps it's just me but I'd look to either a tester or the test to differentiate between the two as my own sense of definition between the two is inadequate to the task asked.
3A. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

3B. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

c. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my acquired knowledge.
With greater self knowledge comes poorer definition. I know I have a strong sense of morals but I also know I can spot fallacy with ease. Again internal definitions are inadequate.

a. I approach things with a plan.
b. I handle things as they come.
Brought up by a family of nothing but Js, see previous remark.
(darn those underhanded parents!!!)

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct, in logical matters.
Now "correct" is this verified or internal definition. If it's internal then I'm sympathetic that everyone else is an idiot and can't see how right I am... otherwise I'm screwed!!

a. After several hours in a group of five or more people, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.
Flippant side, in either situation I'd change seating position. (Sorry couldn't resist)

Seriously though, both.

a. I prefer concrete facts.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.
For what? In essence both but it depends upon what they apply to.

So am I just void by your system or should I seek therapy?

(Note though this is tongue in cheek I hope it's of some use.)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know I've suspected you as INTJ for a long time, Xander? Make sense?

MBTI Type
ENTP
With greater self knowledge comes poorer definition. I know I have a strong sense of morals but I also know I can spot fallacy with ease. Again internal definitions are inadequate.

There's a problem with a concise test, and something I pointed out in another thread a week or so ago: people defining your terms incorrectly. Ethics are not the same as morals. FJs tend to be the best at deciding/knowing what's ethical.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
There's a problem with a concise test, and something I pointed out in another thread a week or so ago: people defining your terms wrong. Ethics are not the same as morals. FJs tend to be the best at deciding/knowing what's ethical.
What about you, lab, any ideas for a replacement for 5?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You know I've suspected you as INTJ for a long time, Xander? Make sense?
Well the overlaying J tendencies may lead you down a meandering path.

Based upon my life's performance I can say with certainty that my J side is definitely in the dark most of the time... it's more a tool I try to remember to employ before going at things like a mass of hungry springer spaniels :D
There's a problem with a concise test, and something I pointed out in another thread a week or so ago: people defining your terms incorrectly. Ethics are not the same as morals. FJs tend to be the best at deciding/knowing what's ethical.
You know nitpicking could be against my morals and unethical...

Difference noted... though details remain my instable neutral neighbour at best.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're pretty mean for being so "sympathetic."

How would you encounter brute logic that disassembles itself ? First you brought me to Socionics and said that you are not sure yourself what it is with people when it comes to typing. And then you come up with a first year in school test that is ought to be to erradicate all the problems.

That way you really wont get intuition off your back.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
How would you encounter brute logic that disassembles itself ? First you brought me to Socionics and said that you are not sure yourself what it is with people when it comes to typing. And then you come up with a first year in school test that is ought to be to erradicate all the problems.

That way you really wont get intuition off your back.
You're not considering my intent with each separate endeavor.

Socionics has its own merit,

My function system is clean and logical,

This test is easy and more accurate than not. Someday I may seek to design a test which is extremely accurate above all other considerations, but this isn't it.