User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 488

  1. #211
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.
    That would make me a TJ, then...

  2. #212
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Well, how about...

    I am very concerned with things being logically and factually consistent.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, how about...

    I am very concerned with things being logically and factually consistent.
    That's not gonna work either, because you're still draining a hell of a lot of NTPs.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That would make me a TJ, then...
    That's good, right? But I was just comparing NPs to TJs. I would say all Js, including FJs of course, do more of the former than the latter.

  5. #215
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I don't get this obsession with facts.

    I guess you didn't see my suggestion, then.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #216
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NTPs would choose b.

    The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.


    See above.

    I'm going to type this out with the disclaimer that it isn't a finished thought.

    I think that INTJs and INFJs are very similar, just in different modes. Just as I am most concerned with ethical consistency, INTJs are concerned with logical (and necessarily factual) consistency. I am not likely to make a snap judgment about whether something is ethically/morally right or wrong without pondering, and INTJs may need similar pondering (or exploration) in order to make a judgment about logic.

    I don't really know what that contributes to this discussion, just wanted to put that out there. I guess that I hope to see some kind of parallel in the NJ options.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't get this obsession with facts.
    Why does it have to be an obsession? The question only asks if (let's just compare b and d) you're more prone to know facts, or notice nuance.

    I believe TJs are more prone to know facts, and NPs are more prone to notice nuance, and my goal is to let the test do its job in differentiating. The wording is the issue, to me.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I think that INTJs and INFJs are very similar, just in different modes. Just as I am most concerned with ethical consistency, INTJs are concerned with logical (and necessarily factual) consistency. I am not likely to make a snap judgment about whether something is ethically/morally right or wrong without pondering, and INTJs may need similar pondering (or exploration) in order to make a judgment about logic.
    Oh, I agree with you. The only problem, as I said, is that when you make one answer very attractive, like d would be if I used your suggestion, it draws more test takers than it should.

  9. #219
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    hmm

    Maybe then, you should write it to include both pieces.

    I go to great lengths to support my logical conclusions with factual evidence.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #220
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Why does it have to be an obsession? The question only asks if (let's just compare b and d) you're more prone to know facts, or notice nuance.

    I believe TJs are more prone to know facts, and NPs are more prone to notice nuance, and my goal is to let the test do its job in differentiating. The wording is the issue, to me.
    Yes, but you went ahead and added hypotheticals, which is something my sense of nuance has no place for, and would drive me away from that answer.

    What's the difference between nuance and specifics (and therefore, facts) pertaining to a certain situation?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO