User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 488

  1. #201
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This is where I am right now, and it's not final:

    I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore the hypothetical.

    Add: Or this:

    I am concerned with nuance, the subtle, and the hypothetical.
    I like the first one better.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I like the first one better.
    Done. (For now )

  3. #203
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Done. (For now )
    Excellent. Now! What about D?
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Excellent. Now! What about D?
    What about it, F? I'm just about toast, to be honest. Thinking is hard.

  5. #205
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What word would you replace academic with?
    "Logic" maybe. Or I would replace the question with something like "I am naturally detached and logical".

  6. #206
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What about it, F? I'm just about toast, to be honest. Thinking is hard.
    Well, what was the problem with "logic"?
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    "Logic" maybe. Or I would replace the question with something like "I am naturally detached and logical".
    It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NTPs would choose b.

    The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well, what was the problem with "logic"?
    See above.

  8. #208
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    2d: "I can easily understand the functions and purposes of things and actions"

    Terrible wording, but eh.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #209
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's a TJ selector, smartypants. If I did that, hardly any NPs would choose b.

    The principle behind the test design, the difference between NP and TJ, is that TJs tend to seek out facts (by reading countless books, for example), and use them when appropriate. NPs tend to trust their perception of situations as they are presented.


    See above.
    Hmm, I disagree with your fundamental understanding of TJ vs. TP, then. Both are deeply concerned with logic and consistency, but NTPs are more likely to explore the hypotheticals.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Hmm, I disagree with your fundamental understanding of TJ vs. TP, then. Both are deeply concerned with logic and consistency, but NTPs are more likely to explore the hypotheticals.
    The above statement doesn't disagree with mine. They're both true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO