• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack Flak's Lucky, Seven Question, Fail-Safe Personality Test

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFJ for sure.
Sweet.

If the rate of success of late doesn't decrease soon, which it very well could, I may call the test "acceptable, for now." Though I may want to change question five, since it's become a bit like part of 2/3.

I asked my ISFP dad to take it, and he scored ISTP, which I'm relatively certain is due to his wanting to sound intelligent. He does that. He also drinks Obama Kool-Aid.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTJ as my comfort zone

INTP as a close second - the question on hypothetical possibilities was a difficult choice.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTJ as my comfort zone

INTP as a close second - the question on hypothetical possibilities was a difficult choice.
Hey as long as you scored INTJ, let's not go getting ourselves into trouble. lol. I was tearing my hair out over this damn test for two or three days, gotta keep that to a minimum.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Hehe.

It's a good test. Nice work, man.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Question 5, a T/F selector, definitely needs to be completely replaced. If you have suggestions and don't mind if they're used as is, modified, or not used at all, I'm open to them.

a. I am naturally sympathetic.
b. I tend to be correct, in logical matters.

a might be okay, but b is almost exactly like 2d.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmm... I have to ask if you're sure they're ISTJ before I start worrying. If you're sure, let me know if they have anything to say about what went wrong.

I'm as certain as I can be, given her refusal to take what she sees as a complete waste of time. ISTJ descriptions seem to fit her a lot better than ISFJ. But out of the discussions of type I manage to force on her before she changes the topic, she has agreed she is probably a T. What threw her was question 2. It was between a and d, and assuming she is ISTJ, knowing her personally, I could see she might have found the wording ambiguous. I imagine most people on this site probably know what connotations certain words have in relation to the results, but they can be rather vague otherwise.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm as certain as I can be, given her refusal to take what she sees as a complete waste of time. ISTJ descriptions seem to fit her a lot better than ISFJ. But out of the discussions of type I manage to force on her before she changes the topic, she has agreed she is probably a T. What threw her was question 2. It was between a and d, and assuming she is ISTJ, knowing her personally, I could see she might have found the wording ambiguous. I imagine most people on this site probably know what connotations certain words have in relation to the results, but they can be rather vague otherwise.
If she tested as ISFJ, she answered 5a as well, which is a problem for me if she's ISTJ.

I'm not convinced though, what you say about her sounds rather Feeling/Sensing to me, xSFJ.

ISTJs I've known tend to be rather proud of their T function. Especially my MOTHER.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
If she tested as ISFJ, she answered 5a as well, which is a problem for me if she's ISTJ.

I'm not convinced though, what you say about her sounds rather Feeling/Sensing to me, xSFJ.

ISTJs I've known tend to be rather proud of their T function. Especially my MOTHER.

Ahhh. Your mother is a SJ, huh?

And how do you feel about that, Jack?

;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ahhh. Your mother is a SJ, huh?

And how do you feel about that, Jack?

;)
It's been the source of some very serious issues. Moving on...

I'm thinking I should change question 5 to

5. Did you notice that the instructions were redundant?
a. no
b. yes

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP

Well, I’m going to bow down to your superior knowledge of type and rethink my assessment. Although, I still see her as more T than F, even if the difference is perhaps less pronounced than I originally thought. I’ll see if I can get her to take a few other tests or something, if you want, although it’ll be difficult.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, I’m going to bow down to your superior knowledge of type and rethink my assessment. Although, I still see her as more T than F, even if the difference is perhaps less pronounced than I originally thought. I’ll see if I can get her to take a few other tests or something, if you want, although it’ll be difficult.
I don't want to put you out, but it does seem we can't rely on her being ISTJ just yet.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Question 5, a T/F selector, definitely needs to be completely replaced. If you have suggestions and don't mind if they're used as is, modified, or not used at all, I'm open to them.

a might be okay, but b is almost exactly like 2d.

These really do not seem mutually exclusive.

And I'd still pick A.

but....is it really "fail-safe", this test of yours??? :devil:

Well, it seems very resistant to me. So probably, yes.

MBTI Type
ENTP

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my acquired knowledge.

3A. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

a. I approach things with a plan.
b. I handle things as they come.

a. After several hours in a group of five or more people, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer concrete facts.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.
INTX

These really do not seem mutually exclusive.

And I'd still pick A.

They're not supposed to be mutually exclusive, but no one is awesome at everything. If you're human you're allowed to be awesome at several things and less awesome at others, at most. That's how it works.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Cze: What's your definite type and what were your answers? Also, let me know if you're on any kind of psychoactive substances, especially stimulants. I couldn't help but notice you posted a few long blog entries, one right after the other. :D

I've picked ENFP for years now after jumping around on MBTI tests (real ones, with the number 2 pencil and everything) in my teens and early 20s. I identify as ENFP, I don't feel I'm really too on the border with anything as my functions seems most strongly and clearly Ne dom/Fi secondary and extroversion is a key component of my character. As for being ENFJ -- my Fe is good but my Fi is good-er.

And I'm not on any stimulants! It's called 'women's monthly hormone cycle', beats any kind of mind altering substance. It's a shame you gents can't experience it for yourself first hand. ;)

a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

a. I care strongly whether things are ethically wrong or right.
b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
c. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.
d. I can tell you whether things are true or false, based on logic and my acquired knowledge.

3A. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtletly, and explore hypothetical possibilities.
b. I am keenly aware of details, and of my physical environment.

a. I approach things with a plan.
b. I handle things as they come.

a. After several hours in a group of five or more people, I may become uncomfortable.
b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.

a. I prefer concrete facts.
b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

ANSWER KEY:
1. a=E, b=I
2. a=FJ, b=NP, c=SP, d=TJ
3. a=N, b=S, c=F, d=T
4. a=J, b=P
5. a=F, b=T
6. a=I, b=E
7. a=S, b=N[/COLOR]

E = 2
N = 2
F = 2
P = 1
J = 1

TOTAL = ENFX.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
1. b=I
2. b=NP
3. d=T
4. b=P
5. b=T
6. a=I
7. b=N

INTP - to use a blunt instrument in the rough and ready manner it calls for. I could have easily gone with INTJ on another day. Seems better for extremes / non-ambiguous cases.