User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm reasonably certain that I'm a J... I don't really live in the moment, I'm kind of rigid, I worry about the future a lot, I get things done on or ahead of time, and I would dislike having to adapt all the time.
    Yeah, that's J all right.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I would like some input here. What about changing "I can quickly tell you..." to "I will readily tell you..." for the related questions in 2 and 3?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Only some of them.

Eileen: I think I even had you in mind when devising question 2, and thought for sure you would have picked a. I guess I learn something every day. Damn it!

Maybe I should change it to ethically.
    Well - I do kind of sit close to the INFJ/INFP line. I believe that I'm obviously INFJ, but in as much as we have weak individual letters, I have a very weak "J." But I am totally uncomfortable talking about what is definitively right and wrong. I can recognize corruption in motivation and "bad behavior" but in terms of moral or ethical choices, I am not very likely to say "do this because it's right" or "don't do this because it's wrong." A trait that I would name as one of my primary ones is that I can usually see both sides of an issue and understand why someone would make either choice. Sometimes I'll go so far as to commit to a particular viewpoint 'in all cases' but never do I feel totally comfortable doing so. For example, I will say categorically that the death penalty is wrong, but I will constantly wonder if I really believe that and consider whether I would advocate the death penalty for the director of a genocide or something else really horrifying.

And with regard to the option that I DID pick--nuance and subtlety are very basic to me. I can walk into a room and understand the atmosphere/mood immediately (adjusting myself to that mood may be another story); I can tell what people's words mean below the surface; I think a lot about connotation vs. denotation; etc. I extrapolate a lot from subtleties. And in my experience, that's very common with INFx.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Well - I do kind of sit close to the INFJ/INFP line. I believe that I'm obviously INFJ, but in as much as we have weak individual letters, I have a very weak "J." But I am totally uncomfortable talking about what is definitively right and wrong. I can recognize corruption in motivation and "bad behavior" but in terms of moral or ethical choices, I am not very likely to say "do this because it's right" or "don't do this because it's wrong."....
    What do you think about the proposed change in post 152? Would you have chosen a?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I would like some input here. What about changing "I can quickly tell you..." to "I will readily tell you..." for the related questions in 2 and 3?
    I don't understand the need for a temporal component, or a discursive one.

I have a strong/absolute sense of what is right and wrong. - will do

Factually true or false - I don't think that is a good test for T.
    That needs to be rethought.

Can you explain the reasoning behind the design? I'm not following your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I don't understand the need for a temporal component, or a discursive one.

I have a strong/absolute sense of what is right and wrong. - will do

Can you explain the reasoning behind the design? I'm not following your logic.
    It's the whole Primary Function business. It's worked more often than not so far, so there's something to it. A judger is more prone to make a decision now than say "let's contemplate this for a while."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

What do you think about the proposed change in post 152? Would you have chosen a?
    I would not have chosen it over B. I am concerned with ethics/morals for sure, but I do not believe that I am quick to categorize things into simple "right" and "wrong." If I do it, it is still not as basic as recognizing subtlety and nuance.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

"Instantly" in questions 2 and 3 changed to "quickly." A small change, for now.
    Interesting choice.

I took a look at the answer key.
    I didn't know that you could be TJ and S_P both simultaneously.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I would not have chosen it over B. I am concerned with ethics/morals for sure, but I do not believe that I am quick to categorize things into simple "right" and "wrong." If I do it, it is still not as basic as recognizing subtlety and nuance.
    Okay, then I have to figure out how to rework the question so you would choose a. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Interesting choice.

I took a look at the answer key.
    I didn't know that you could be TJ and S_P both simultaneously.
    You can pick those answers if you want, but I'll go out on a limb and say you can't actually be P and J.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I think that T is more about logic than facts. Facts just are - some people can recognize them easily or not, but I don't know that it's going to be a T/F thing. If your contrast was between ease in using logic or ethics, I would choose ethics. But since it's morals/ethics vs. facts... facts seem simpler to me.
    INFJ