User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 488

  1. #121
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

    a. I tend to follow a schedule.
    b. I tend to be spontaneous.

    Are these changes for the better, do you think?
    I am a stretigic planner I always follow my own scheduals, but I am willing to plan for off the grid at times.

  2. #122
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to:

    a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
    b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

    5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

    a. I am naturally sympathetic.
    b. I tend to be correct.

    4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

    a. I tend to follow a schedule.
    b. I tend to be spontaneous.

    Are these changes for the better, do you think?
    I do. To be honest I always assumed tendency, but this may help people who don't fall towards extremes and/or feel as if being tested in absolutes implies they should feel such a way all the time to be correctly typed.



  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am a stretigic planner I always follow my own scheduals, but I am willing to plan for off the grid at times.
    Would you say a. is the most appropriate answer for you? (I follow schedules too, but I'm more likely to be spontaneous at any given moment of my free time).

  4. #124
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    yes A, but would that make me a J or just an NT


    I also tend to be random from an outsider point of view, but in the brain, everything has its reason

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    yes A, but would that make me a J or just an NT


    I also tend to be random from an outsider point of view, but in the brain, everything has its reason
    It is a J answer, are you positive you're P (I remember thinking you might be ENTJ a while back)? What were your answers for 2 and 3?

  6. #126
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Are these changes for the better, do you think?

    7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to (Special thanks to Edgar for help with this one):

    a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
    b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.
    I think the new one's a bit better, but didn't have trouble getting the original question's intent, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

    a. I am naturally sympathetic.
    b. I tend to be correct.
    I like the new phrasing quite a bit better. It focuses more on natural inclinations rather than where efforts are made. Personally, I'd still be split down the middle on this one, but I think the new question lends itself to better-defined answers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

    a. I tend to follow a schedule.
    b. I tend to be spontaneous.
    I actually like the original one better - especially for someone who isn't knowledgeable about MBTI and may not know what the question is going for. For instance - I had no problem picking B on the original one, and would have easily chosen it even if I didn't know the background. However, I *do* tend to follow a schedule in a lot of my actual life - because I have no choice given work office hours, public transportation schedules, dealing with sleep issues, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I actually like the original one better - especially for someone who isn't knowledgeable about MBTI and may not know what the question is going for. For instance - I had no problem picking B on the original one, and would have easily chosen it even if I didn't know the background. However, I *do* tend to follow a schedule in a lot of my actual life - because I have no choice given work office hours, public transportation schedules, dealing with sleep issues, etc.
    ^Re: question 4. Okay, I should probably change it then. I'll change it back to something like the original.

  8. #128
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    7 changed from "I prefer hard fact/I prefer generalities" to (Special thanks to Edgar for help with this one):

    a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
    b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.

    5 changed from "I always make an effort to be sympathetic/I always make an effort to be correct." to:

    a. I am naturally sympathetic.
    b. I tend to be correct.

    4 changed from "I value order, and follow plans/I can accept disorder, and I value spontaneity" to:

    a. I tend to follow a schedule.
    b. I tend to be spontaneous.

    Are these changes for the better, do you think?
    Those are much better.

    Suggestion -- question 2 answer B counts as NP; it should probably only count as N.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    For question 5, what would you think about changing b. from

    "I tend to be correct" to

    "I take pride in having the correct answer." or

    "I'm rarely incorrect."

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Those are much better.

    Suggestion -- question 2 answer B counts as NP; it should probably only count as N.
    I would have to re-do the entire test, and the angle I'm going for isn't straight preferences. It goes along with my function system because an NTJ will more likely be able to tell you something is true or false without contemplating it than an NTP will.

  10. #130
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yeah I know blue, I was just giving you the business because you hate me so much.
    :rolli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But if you tell me where the test went wrong for you, I'll at least consider what could be done.
    1.

    a. I am drawn away from excessive solitude.
    b. I am drawn away from excessive interaction.

    I'm drawn away from excess. You can phrase this better.

    2.

    a. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
    b. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
    c. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.
    d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.
    None of these apply. I can't instantly tell you anything. I'm mostly oblivious to externals. How do I determine if I easily pick up on nuance/subtlety? Probably not.
    Therefore, can't take 3 - your rules.
    3a. Only answer if you chose a or d for question 2!

    a. I easily pick up on nuance and subtlety.
    b. I am keenly aware of my physical environment, and of details.

    3b. Only answer if you chose b or c for question 2!

    c. I can instantly tell you whether something is morally wrong or right.
    d. I can instantly tell you whether something is factually true or false.

    4.

    a. I tend to follow a schedule.
    b. I tend to be spontaneous.
    Depends entirely on the context, so again I can't answer.

    5.

    a. I am naturally sympathetic.
    b. I tend to be correct.
    Neither.
    Correct? What does that mean? How are sympathetic and correct opposing?
    6.

    a. After several hours in a group, I may become uncomfortable.
    b. After several hours alone, I may become uncomfortable.
    I may become uncomfortable in any situation, but at least I get what you are driving at.
    7.

    a. I prefer unquestionable fact.
    b. I prefer theoretical possibilities.
    I like both equally.


    ANSWER KEY (In White):

    1. a=E, b=I
    2. a=FJ, b=NP, c=SP, d=TJ
    3. a=N, b=S, c=F, d=T
    4. a=J, b=P
    5. a=F, b=T
    6. a=I, b=E
    7. a=S, b=N


    Add all responses for each preference of I or E, N or S, T or F, and J or P. If there is a tie, the result is null under this test (x), and other methods of typing should be used.[/QUOTE]

    That makes me an IXXX, I guess. Or just a contrarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO