• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The AD&D Character Alignment Test

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It's all true.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the best site for alignments I've seen; and also has the best test I've seen. The Alignment System They have really long and descriptive alignment descriptions!

I'm personally a Chaotic Good. It fits me really well.

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.

Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment because it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got Deliciously Evil with a side of kick Ass. :cool:

decided

MBTI Type
INFJ
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I hate alignment. No one ever sticks to it.

Robbing towns, lying to shopkeepers about knowing anything about the missing caravan that was supposed to ship them more wares, killing others for little reason other than suspicion. All while having "chaotic good" written down on their character sheet. What a load of shit.

Also, how am I supposed to bond a lawful-aligned weapon to my Blood of the Vul cultist when my deity forbids me from being anything besides chaotic evil? Shift alignment and lose all of my prestige class abilities? Damn you alignment axis, I'll never find another +5 bastard sword of speed that can summon 2d4 dread wraiths per day again.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I hate alignment. No one ever sticks to it.

Robbing towns, lying to shopkeepers about knowing anything about the missing caravan that was supposed to ship them more wares, killing others for little reason other than suspicion. All while having "chaotic good" written down on their character sheet. What a load of shit.

Also, how am I supposed to bond a lawful-aligned weapon to my Blood of the Vul cultist when my deity forbids me from being anything besides chaotic evil? Shift alignment and lose all of my prestige class abilities? Damn you alignment axis, I'll never find another +5 bastard sword of speed that can summon 2d4 dread wraiths per day again.

Some of us do stick to such, but yes, the majority don't.

It's been stated true neutral and chaotic neutral are the hardest to roleplay though, since most people can't even grasp the concept fully.

Some just assume 'chaotic' means 'I can do whotever I want!'.

The idea is

GOOD = I care about others
EVIL = I care only about myself
CHAOTIC = Rules are made to be broken
LAWFUL = Rules are absolute and must be obeyed
NEUTRAL = Extremes suck

Combonations spawn from such. Someone who's like... lawful evil would tend to only care about themselves, but they would do so through the letter of the law, to avoid hurting themselves and so that if they get dragged into a fight they can claim they were doing 'the right thing'. Someone who's chaotic good would want to help others and wouldn't really care how much they needed to bend the rules to do it.

The weird ones are neutral though as said... like...

True neutral is like they kinda care about rules, like they don't WANT to break them or anything, but there are some that need to be too, they won't actively go out of their way to do so. On the same point, they generally are considered to be 'good' for the most part and will usually help someone else out, they just aren't about to go ZOMG MARTYR! and self sacrifice themselves at every opportunity either, they kinda like getting stuff for themselves but don't want to go nuts about it.

An alternative version of true neutral is one of like old 2nd edition druids where they were psychotic about 'balance'. It was... more like a weird OCD than a temperment; if they considered good or evil to be getting the upper hand... they'd swap sides just to balance stuff out. Everything had to be equal in a really really really excessive OCD way. Anything that tipped the balance had to be changed.

Chaotic neutral is pretty rough as well, since yeu have like one extreme interpretation, someone who's luck obsessed for example, who literally carries dice or i-ching or tarots or some other 'luck' thing to predict their correct course as they can't choose on their own. This's not really how most work honestly, but it's how it was interpreted back in 2nd edition. Later on it's more like well... they do whot they want, and normally those tendencies are benevolent but they do have a very selfish streak as well, and they really don't care whot they have to do in order to get it. If playing by the rules gets them whot they want at the time, then so be it; if they have to bend the rules or break them, then also, so be it. They're not really bad people, but it can be hard to predict whot they'll do as if they REALLY REALLY REALLY want that chocolate cake they saw int he store that the party leader tolds them they couldn't have since it was 5gold, they may just sell the leader's sword and buy the cake with the monies and feel justified because that guy was a jerk anyway. And then share the cake with everyone else but the leader so they have people on their side when confronted. >.>

Anyways XD

*Juggles fish*

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
alignment distracts from role-playing a character on their own merit and just spawns arguments in and out of game.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

---

What, you don't believe me? I'm wondering why...

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral I guess.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla's Alignment:
Based on your answers to the quiz, your most likely alignment is :

Neutral Good

A neutral good person does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Neutral

O

Oberon

Without taking the test, I'm probably likely to come out Chaotic Good.

G

Ginkgo

Halla's Alignment:
Based on your answers to the quiz, your most likely alignment is :

Neutral Good

A neutral good person does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

--excerpted from the Player�s Handbook, Chapter 6

Oh yeah? Well...

Mystic Tater's Allignment:
------------------------
Chaotic Neutral!
A chaotic neutral character follows his whims.
He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty
but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be m
otivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to
make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal.

• Chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
took it for the other thread... chaotic good... yay me :static: