• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Complete

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I'm sorry if anyone actually thought that I had access to the new test. I wanted to know if anyone has actually had it administered to them? I had the Step II administered in November 2000, which resulted in INTP. I figured I have come full circle in the past 8 years and was thinking about taking it during the holiday. I understand that this test allows you to be part of the process of determining your true type. Any thoughts?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I no longer think there is a true type beyond the four-letter results that appear after you take the questionnaire.

Beyond that, type becomes less about using the model to understand how others perceive and more about putting a person into a prescribed stereotype.

The questionnaires consistently state that there is no wrong answer, so there couldn't possibly be a need for a "true type."

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I no longer think there is a true type beyond the four-letter results that appear after you take the questionnaire.

Beyond that, type becomes less about using the model to understand how others perceive and more about putting a person into a prescribed stereotype.

The questionnaires consistently state that there is no wrong answer, so there couldn't possibly be a need for a "true type."
I use the phrase "true type" as it pertains to Berens or maybe I should say "best fit type". I was just thinking that since I have grown more knowledgeable of the system and theory in general, it would be nice to retake the indicator to see if it results in INTP again.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I much prefer the cognitive processes questionnaires. I'd say they're the best way to figure out "true type" because they are the most closely in line with Jung's ideas. (In the newest variant, I scored as an ENTP.)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm sorry if anyone actually thought that I had access to the new test. I wanted to know if anyone has actually had it administered to them? I had the Step II administered in November 2000, which resulted in INTP. I figured I have come full circle in the past 8 years and was thinking about taking it during the holiday. I understand that this test allows you to be part of the process of determining your true type. Any thoughts?

The difficulty will be that you are no longer naive to the process. When I had Step II administered, the was an interview and so on - at that stage I was oblivious to the meaning of, say, intuitive v sensor...

I doubt your results would be accurate with an in depth knowledge of what it all means.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
The difficulty will be that you are no longer naive to the process. When I had Step II administered, the was an interview and so on - at that stage I was oblivious to the meaning of, say, intuitive v sensor...

I doubt your results would be accurate with an in depth knowledge of what it all means.
Exactly, which is my overall reluctance. However since I was paying for the test, it was one that I did not rush through. In fact I think it may have taken me a whole afternoon to take because I would answer questions, take a break and do a little self-examining then return. I was curious if anyone had it administered since the process is on-line, even the interview.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Personally, I much prefer the cognitive processes questionnaires. I'd say they're the best way to figure out "true type" because they are the most closely in line with Jung's ideas. (In the newest variant, I scored as an ENTP.)
We will always have differing of opinions on this Uber. I see that type of exam not as one to determine type, but merely tell you what cognitive functions that you are using presently. We had this discussion on entp.org where you were trying on ENTP. I still say that you appear to methodical in your choice of words to be ENTP although they share the same succession of dichotomous functions (N-T-F-S).

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I did take the test. Here are my results. Uber do you know if an interactive style test is now available on line?:
Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: ISTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Possible result: ISTP

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Se : Experiencing the immediate context; noticing changes and opportunities for action; being drawn to act on the physical world; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing 'what is'.

Si : Reviewing past experiences; 'what is' evoking 'what was'; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been.

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Ni,Ne,Fi
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Te,Fe
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Si
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

Se
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.

Ti
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uber do you know if an interactive style test is now available on line?:

I don't know if there's a direct Interaction Styles test that's free, but they are correlated with four temperamental humors (In Charge = Choleric, Chart the Course = Melancholic, Get Things Going = Sanguine, Behind the Scenes = Phlegmatic), so I suppose you could find out your relative Interaction Style that way. I know they have free humor tests.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
MBTI Complete uses the same 93 questions as the MBTI. Then it walks you through an online interpretation. You don't see your results, for example, until you read about E and I and answer a few questions. Then you see E or I. And so on. You get the short profile from Myers at the end.

The Myers and Briggs Foundation decided to develop MBTI Complete since there were so many other online resources. It will never be free. It's as effective as a quick face-to-face interpetation but obviously there are better, more indepth face to face.

I've taken it. There are some good things in how they set it up.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
MBTI Complete uses the same 93 questions as the MBTI. Then it walks you through an online interpretation. You don't see your results, for example, until you read about E and I and answer a few questions. Then you see E or I. And so on. You get the short profile from Myers at the end.

The Myers and Briggs Foundation decided to develop MBTI Complete since there were so many other online resources. It will never be free. It's as effective as a quick face-to-face interpetation but obviously there are better, more indepth face to face.

I've taken it. There are some good things in how they set it up.
Thanks. As stated, when I originally took the Step II (November 2000) my results were INTP. Since I have learned a great deal about type over the past 8 years I am considering taking it again, however as Geoff says taking at this stage may be of little consequences.