User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

When I do cognitive function tests Ti often sneaks in as my highest function. I'm an INTJ with a lot of Ti and Ne. (and almost no Fe )

I noticed almost all of the the descriptions of Ni were very mystical/transcendent in the test, that's not really how I use Ni. For me it's more abstract and out of the blue.

Your Possible Type Code
    According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
    Possible result: INTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
    Possible result: INTJ

The order of my processes were:
    Ti
    Te
    Ni
    Fi
    Ne
    Si
    Se
    Fe

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    I noticed almost all of the the descriptions of Ni were very mystical/transcendent in the test, that's not really how I use Ni. For me it's more abstract and out of the blue.
    I get you. This is what distracted me in the Ni description for years, thinking I'm no hippie or guru! But.. there were some factors of Ni in that test more suitable for a T. I've tried to understand Ni by putting it in a square, with Ne, Ni, Se, Si in it.

I've thought of it as intuition that focuses as opposed to intuition that expands, comparing to Si vs Se.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

- Fi

- Ni

- Fe

- Ne

- Te

- Si

- Ti

- Se

Your Possible Type Code
    According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: INFP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Possible result: INFJ

Your Developmental Curve
    This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -1.8

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
    Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.

Fe : Connecting; considering others and the grouporganizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
    Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Ti,Si,Se
    You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Ni,Te,Ne,Fe
    You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Fi
    You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

I agree that I'm either an INFP or INFJ, but reading this makes me think INFJ more:

introverted Intuiting (Ni): Developed (Active) Use - Persue a greater level of awareness to transform who you are and how you think.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I got:
    Ti
    Ne = Se (tie)
    Fi
    Te = Si
    Fe = Ni

Old method: ISTP
    New method: ISTP

Good functions: Ti, Se, Ne
    Okay functions: Fi, Te, Si
    Evil functions: Ni, Fe (Yes, I still have a hard time believing anyone can test for dominant Ni on this test. All those floofy statements. "No, I do not get psychic messages from fairies that live in my toilet.")

New test seems quite similar to the old test, though apparently scoring is different. I'd be interested to learn which statements were the lower-level usage of the function and which were the high-level usage of the function (or were they just in order?). Overall, I agree with my results, though perhaps that is just a result of them listing the traits under the function headings (the biggest weakness of the test).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

ENFJ which doesn't make much sense since Ni was way higher than either F score...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    istp

This test is determined to make me an ESTP.
    No offense.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Si,Fe
    You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Ti,Se,Ne,Fi
    You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Ni,Te
    You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.

I'm still not convinced.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So, apparently, this test turned me upside down.

- Ne

- Ti

- Te

- Ni

- Se

- Si

- Fi

Your Possible Type Code
    Possible result: ENTP

Possible result: ENTP

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Ne

Ti

Ni

Fi

Se

Te

Fe

Si

Your Possible Type Code

Your Developmental Curve

This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -3

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticated phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes

Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.

Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.

Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

- Ti

- Ne

- Ni

- Te

- Fi

- Si

- Se

- Fe

Your Possible Type Code

----------

Hmm...the problem I have with MBTI is that the description for both INTJ and INTP fit in different ways. If I could pluck a little from column A and a little from column B and make my own type, it might be more accurate.