• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Highly Sensitive Person

Seems to be measuring mainly introversion. But I'd have thought a max score = INFP ?

Interested to see what you get and how this correlates with type.

I'm particularly interested in the biological basis for type. Elaine Aron (author of the book mentioned on the site) seems to be an INFP, but she makes some interesting points, nonetheless.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a colloration between introversion and HSP, but it is possible to be extraverted and HSP as well.
There also seems to be a strong colloration between type, and HSP but again being INFP,INFJ, ISFP etc dosen't necessarily mean you are HSP.
There also a strong association with HSP and giftedness.
I've read the book.
Being HSP, doesn't nessarily mean emotional sensitivity. It can also be associated pyshical sensitivity(prone to allergies,skin rashes, hay fever, chemical sensitivites etc) as well, or presenting by itself.
It's an interesting concept, and is backed up by studies. About 20-15% of any given population (mammalian popualtion) is therotically highly sensitive.
The book is worth a read, don't be put off by the NFiness. It's valid information.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a colloration between introversion and HSP, but it is possible to be extraverted and HSP as well.
There also seems to be a strong colloration between type, and HSP but again being INFP,INFJ, ISFP etc dosen't necessarily mean you are HSP.
There also a strong association with HSP and giftedness.
I've read the book.
Being HSP, doesn't nessarily mean emotional sensitivity. It can also be associated pyshical sensitivity(prone to allergies,skin rashes, hay fever, chemical sensitivites etc) as well, or presenting by itself.
It's an interesting concept, and is backed up by studies. About 20-15% of any given population (mammalian popualtion) is therotically highly sensitive.
The book is worth a read, don't be put off by the NFiness. It's valid information.

Yes. I've read the book, thanks.
The author links introversion with HSP. It's the physical sensitivity which interests me amongst other things. I.e. link between mind and body.

Post your result.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP

At times, only noise/bright light affects me, and I'll be otherwise completely (unconventionally) cold. I.E. tell me my brother died - nothing. Other times, it's almost everything i.e. getting really excited about inconsistencies when stroking a leather chair (like right now :)).

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
You have indicated that 15 of the items are true of you.
Just made it. Definitely not INFP, though :sick:
:D
It's the physical sensitivity which interests me amongst other things. I.e. link between mind and body.
Yes, when I started paying attention to how much it affects me, I started feeling better.

It can also be associated pyshical sensitivity(prone to allergies,skin rashes, hay fever, chemical sensitivites etc)
Yes to all of these.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

At times, only noise/bright light affects me, and I'll be otherwise completely (unconventionally) cold. I.E. tell me my brother died - nothing. Other times, it's almost everything i.e. getting really excited about inconsistencies when stroking a leather chair (like right now :)).

You are a deliciously strange creature.

I got like 25 or something - there goes my theory.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I haven't seen that before. But I knew you were my soulmate at first sight. (When I thought you were a middle-aged woman ;)).

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
An NT talking about soulmates? :sick:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just wait till you fall in love, my girl

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
been there done that. now what?
*is afraid*

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ what else is there? *sigh*

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have indicated that 13 of the items are true of you.

(The items I did NOT relate to were the sensory stuff/physical sensitivity - sounds, lighting, etc. So in terms of clinical definitions of HSP, I don't think I fit the bill, and can't really relate.)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I ended up with 12.
I don't think I'm an HSP- I think a lot of my shy nature is due more so to a lack of self-esteem.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9. Think I took this once before, my score was similar.

V

violaine

Score of 18. I wouldn't say I'm a 'fragile flower', too curious and 'in love' with the world and people... But loud sirens and loud repetitive noises like a door slamming feel like they get right in in an unpleasant way. I need quiet me-time or time in nature to make it all better...