• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
12. Mostly involving light/sound. And occasionally smell. As I'm prone to migraines, though, I'm assuming some of this has to do with that. I'm also betting that if I were to retake this while I had a migraine, my score would skyrocket. Insanely.

Edit: Yep. 22.

Last edited:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I checked 7 of the boxes.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You have indicated that 5 of the items are true of you.

My family and friends would not say I'm a HSP either. I sleep through earthquakes and I'm largely unaware of/unmoved by my immediate surroundings if I don't concentrate to do so.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
23, but I don't need a test. My doctor introduced me to this concept. I put up a hostile resistance to it for a long time, but finally forgave my body. :)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I blame most of this on being aware that I'm an E6. That's where any of my admittance to having a nervous system comes from.

I like loud noises, loud music, bright lights, lots of ppl, strong smells, etc.

I don't like scary movies though :laugh: My mind creeps me out more than any movie ever could. I don't need to feed it more crap. I didn't check off anything below that one.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Don't recall my score, but definitely a HSP.
Learned about this years ago, and I am now at a point in my life where I feel I have totally embraced my sensitivity and turned it into an advantage.
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] : I hate loud music (volume wise -I like all kinds of music in terms of genre), hate bright lights and totally love horror movies. But it's good to differ ;)

Standuble

I held off from ticking some of the boxes and scored 18. These sorts of tests are too flawed for me to take seriously.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I checked off 18.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't recall my score, but definitely a HSP.
Learned about this years ago, and I am now at a point in my life where I feel I have totally embraced my sensitivity and turned it into an advantage.
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] : I hate loud music (volume wise -I like all kinds of music in terms of genre), hate bright lights and totally love horror movies. But it's good to differ ;)

:laugh: That is so funny! And that's awesome that you embraced it, I don't think it's a bad thing to be sensitive at all.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got 15

which is suprising because I don't really consider myself to be all though the ones i answered yes to were mostly about being bombarded with lots of external stimuli and being easily overwhelmed

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My physical senses are very developed. I don't mind anything visual as long as it's not scary or violent (although I can handle some kinds). I'm very observant.

I'm really bothered by loud noises, strong smells, and uncomfortable physical things. Incense gives me a headache. People talking loudly is painful to my ears.

I also had colic when I was a baby.

Definitely HSP.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

My physical senses are very developed. I don't mind anything visual as long as it's not scary or violent (although I can handle some kinds). I'm very observant.

I'm really bothered by loud noises, strong smells, and uncomfortable physical things. Incense gives me a headache. People talking loudly is painful to my ears.

I also had colic when I was a baby.

Definitely HSP.
strong smells give me headaches as well such as perfume and incense and I was colicky as a baby. and loud noises really really really really bother me

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was a smiley, curious baby. No colic or health issues.

Scary, noisy movies don't bother me because they don't even try to be real. They can be fun. I'm more in tune with the authenticity of the story. Emotionally unrealistic stories that think they are legtimate are the ones that are like a rake on a chalkboard.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah and I'm super ticklish.

W

WhoCares

21, guess that puts me in the HSP (HM?) basket...

I'm really not sold on the concept though. It seems like one of those labels people like to don when they have nothing else to make them feel special. Tried to read her website and it read like new age bullshit.