• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wanted to take the test but the questions were sooooo subjective....what's "overwhelmed"? Agony? Wanting something to stop? Meh....

From my perspective, many ENFP enjoy being "overwhelmed" in a manner. They seem to view it as a sort of positive energy. So, it's more difficult to answer than it might seem at first. Overwhelmed as in causing anxiety and panic? No. Overwhelmed as sensing a wonderous burst of energy and excitement? Yes. At least, that's what many of the ENFP seem to go after.

The phrasing makes it obvious the question is about an uncomfortable kind of being overwhelmed. Agony? Wanting something to stop? Those are not pleasant experiences.

That's why I said if he felt that way he'd know it. Perhaps I should have said he'd probably know it. :D

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I'm wondering about this value judgement deal. Is there a negative connotation which goes with being HSP? Like some kind of diagnosis. Neurasthenic?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll try. (But I might forget that I was going to.)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I just had a thought of Roderick Usher. (Halloween.)

I think my mom was this way. Lots of what she called "sick headaches" from any sort of commotion.

Thinking.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I got a score of 17 on the test... So I am HSP but what does it really mean?

heart

heart on fire
To Anja: I didn't think the HSP was about somatic illness or classic migraines, just heightened sensitivity to stimuli? :huh:

But people with migraine disorders, even abdominal or atypical migraine will have problems with being sensitive to light. Maybe your mother was more sensitive when her physical condition was coming on strong and it just seemed like it was the other way round?

I have a vestibular disorder which makes me extra sensitive to noise and to light so makes my score much higher than it would have been earlier in my life and when I am feeling vestibular the whole world seems crueler than it ought, lol.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1... the lonliest number :whistling:

yeah- all I've got is that I can tell the subtle difference in flavors of things- but this is a professional skill for me ;)

With a headache I'd rank much higher though.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I got a 22. I'm especially sensitive to loud noise, unless it's loud noise that I choose to listen to.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I got 17. I didn't get the last question though.