• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ like we needed a test to tell us that :rolli:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i didn't take it and i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i tend to get headaches because im hyper alert to what is going on around me.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I scored a 16.
Second time scored 18.

I guess this means I'm a highly sensitive person.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You have indicated that 5 of the items are true of you.

Scoring:
If you answered more than fourteen of the questions as true of yourself, you are probably highly sensitive. But no psychological test is so accurate that an individual should base his or her life on it. We psychologists try to develop good questions, then decide on the cut off based on the average response.

If fewer questions are true of you, but extremely true, that might also justify calling you highly sensitive.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

I hate time limits, I hate people looking over my shoulder, and I hate nylon. And by hate nylon, I mean really really hate nylon.

I could perhaps be considered HSP solely due to the intensity of my hatred of nylon.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ why am I not surprised? :hug:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Highly Sensitive Person

Seems to be measuring mainly introversion. But I'd have thought a max score = INFP ?

Interested to see what you get and how this correlates with type.

I'm particularly interested in the biological basis for type. Elaine Aron (author of the book mentioned on the site) seems to be an INFP, but she makes some interesting points, nonetheless.
I'm an extroverted HSP.

Off the top of my head, (I can't find my book), I believe we, (extroverts), make up 30% of the HSP population.

I think HS is correlated with introversion and F-ness.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wanted to take the test but the questions were sooooo subjective....what's "overwhelmed"? Agony? Wanting something to stop? Meh....

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wanted to take the test but the questions were sooooo subjective....what's "overwhelmed"? Agony? Wanting something to stop? Meh....

If the questions applied to you you'd know it. :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If the questions applied to you you'd know it. :D
From my perspective, many ENFP enjoy being "overwhelmed" in a manner. They seem to view it as a sort of positive energy. So, it's more difficult to answer than it might seem at first. Overwhelmed as in causing anxiety and panic? No. Overwhelmed as sensing a wonderous burst of energy and excitement? Yes. At least, that's what many of the ENFP seem to go after.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my perspective, many ENFP enjoy being "overwhelmed" in a manner. They seem to view it as a sort of positive energy. So, it's more difficult to answer than it might seem at first. Overwhelmed as in causing anxiety and panic? No. Overwhelmed as sensing a wonderous burst of energy and excitement? Yes. At least, that's what many of the ENFP seem to go after.

It's an unpleasant kind of overwhelmed, mostly.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am a strong N, but I feel really uncomfortable around loud noises, and am kind of a sissy when it comes to dealing with physical pain :(

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I ended up with 12.
I don't think I'm an HSP- I think a lot of my shy nature is due more so to a lack of self-esteem.

:yes: Same here.

I got 12 [were there enough points on this to make a fully fair and accurate reading, though? Just wondering.]

So on the high end of averagely sensitive? Or something :shock: I'm shy but not to the degree where people freak me out completely; loud noises irritate me, but I'm capable of tuning them out if I have to.

heart

heart on fire
::chomping ice::::

:::popping gum:::::::

The 12th time in a row the neighbor has played "Let's Get it on" at top volume.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:huh:

I don't get what you're getting at.

I score 15-16, and most of the things I checked off have to do with my being acutely sensitive and perceptive to my surroundings.

I am most definitely an introverted extrovert, but an extrovert nonetheless, so that might help explain why I am an HSP.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
18. It's the physical sensitivity for me, mostly. Although a very negative emotional atmosphere plays havoc with my erm system.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Thirteen.

I'm not very physically aware, but psychologically I am very sensitive. Someone once called me "hypervigilant" and I perceived that as having a negative connotation.

There isn't much I miss. But I would think that it depends some on what kind of a feeling state is produced or the motivation for being extra aware. If it comes out of paranoia that's one kind of vigilance.

I'd say my sensitivity was inborn and then well-developed as a child in a home which seldom felt safe to me. How it serves me these days is an intense curiosity about my surroundings and others.

Now I was just wondering if I could even shut it off. Think not while I'm awake! It rarely occurs to me to try. Think I'd be more apt to hang around and watch something which disturbed me than to leave.