First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Like, "9."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I wanted to take the test but the questions were sooooo subjective....what's "overwhelmed"? Agony? Wanting something to stop? Meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    From my perspective, many ENFP enjoy being "overwhelmed" in a manner. They seem to view it as a sort of positive energy. So, it's more difficult to answer than it might seem at first. Overwhelmed as in causing anxiety and panic? No. Overwhelmed as sensing a wonderous burst of energy and excitement? Yes. At least, that's what many of the ENFP seem to go after.

The phrasing makes it obvious the question is about an uncomfortable kind of being overwhelmed. Agony? Wanting something to stop? Those are not pleasant experiences.

That's why I said if he felt that way he'd know it. Perhaps I should have said he'd probably know it.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I'm wondering about this value judgement deal. Is there a negative connotation which goes with being HSP? Like some kind of diagnosis. Neurasthenic?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Yes, it's awful, Anja, don't be HSP. Whatever you do.

MBTI
    INFP

I'll try. (But I might forget that I was going to.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I just had a thought of Roderick Usher. (Halloween.)

I think my mom was this way. Lots of what she called "sick headaches" from any sort of commotion.

Thinking.

MBTI
    ENFP

I got a score of 17 on the test... So I am HSP but what does it really mean?

heart on fire

To Anja: I didn't think the HSP was about somatic illness or classic migraines, just heightened sensitivity to stimuli?

But people with migraine disorders, even abdominal or atypical migraine will have problems with being sensitive to light. Maybe your mother was more sensitive when her physical condition was coming on strong and it just seemed like it was the other way round?

I have a vestibular disorder which makes me extra sensitive to noise and to light so makes my score much higher than it would have been earlier in my life and when I am feeling vestibular the whole world seems crueler than it ought, lol.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

1... the lonliest number

yeah- all I've got is that I can tell the subtle difference in flavors of things- but this is a professional skill for me

With a headache I'd rank much higher though.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

I got a 22. I'm especially sensitive to loud noise, unless it's loud noise that I choose to listen to.