• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?

Ingrid in grids

I got 16. This statement is particularly true of me: "I find myself needing to withdraw during busy days,into bed or into a darkened room or any place where I can have some privacy and relief from stimulation."

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I'm really not sold on the concept though. It seems like one of those labels people like to don when they have nothing else to make them feel special. Tried to read her website and it read like new age bullshit.

I agree partially. It's just a label. But isn't everything in the realm of psychology, that isn't directly tied to neuroscience, a pseudoscience ?

This probably attracts new age folks a lot too, yeah. And these people usually have difficulties or unwillingness to distinguish between idealism in the mind and what counts as fact in today's world.
But whichever way you look at it : some people undoubtedly are more sensitive than others (depending on how you define sensitivity too ofcourse).

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I got 16. This statement is particularly true of me: "I find myself needing to withdraw during busy days,into bed or into a darkened room or any place where I can have some privacy and relief from stimulation."

Yeah same here. I need downtime after a few hours with lots of sensory stimulation. It's a good thing to be aware of that and to take measures in your own life in order to get that downtime, otherwise you're on a path to burnout. It's also typical for introverts who energize from downtime, whereas extroverts energize from being around people.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got 17

a shy extrovert, I must be cursed

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just 13....I guess I am not highly sensitive :D to me the answers sound more like INFJ

R

Riva

I got only 1. 3 would have made more sense.

Anyway this test is more on physical sensitivity than emotional. I am emotionally sensitive though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
perhaps I am hsp i hate being tickled it sucks, and when I was little when ever my mom tried to do my hair I'd scream because I simply didn't like how a comb/brush felt going through my hair

L

LadyLazarus

6; pfft, see this is why I could never be an INFJ.(among many other reasons)

You know; mint-ish green is really a horrible color choice for a website where people are supposed to take a questionnaire about HSP.

6; pfft, see this is why I could never be an INFJ.(among many other reasons)

You know; mint-ish green is really a horrible color choice for a website where people are supposed to take a questionnaire about HSP.

I'm assuming only the color blind use that horrible green skin.GrayFolio is the most tolerable, IMO.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why's that? Would you associate being an HSP with a specific stacking?

not really, merely that the traits of HSP and Sp dominance have a lot of overlap

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not really, merely that the traits of HSP and Sp dominance have a lot of overlap

Hmm. I see that could make sense, I can let a lot of little things bug me, while I still feel the annoyance, I don't make priority for my own comfort until much later.