User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default The Expert Interview Series

I'm going to try a new thing on the forum I'll be conducting an online interview with a series of experts on personality type. I'll post the results of that interview in a new thread and then the expert will visit the forum for a week and respond to questions from forum members in that thread.

I'm happy to announce that the first interview will be with Dario Nardi. More to come on this soon!

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'd like to prepare a few questions in advance of this interview. Following is a list of questions I've come up with. Can you help add to the list? It's just a way for us to get prepared for his visit here in a few weeks.

1. Dario, what's your educational background and how did you initially get interested in personality type?

2. What is your 4 letter type and your Enneagram Type? How difficult was it to determine your personality type and how long did it take you to determine it?

3. Can you talk to us about Matrix Insights and what you are working on there?

4. Are you still teaching? What courses have you taught over the years and which ones are your favorites?

5. Where do you spend most of your time these days? Any upcoming projects?

6. Given your background in technology, systems thinking and artificial intelligence, have you spent time investigating alternative methods for determining personality type though methods like natural language processing and text data mining? We have a test on the site here: Social Media Personality Test - Main that was an experimental attempt at this. How much promise do you think these things have?

7. Have you had mentors in your life? What are one or two that stood out and why do you think they had an influence on you?

8. In 8 Keys to Self Leadership, you gave great explantations of each of the 8 cognitive functions. How would you compare MBTI to Cognitive Jungian Function Type? Are they one and the same - in that cognitive functions provide the underlying processes that go on beneath the dichotomies or would you explain it a different way? If they are different, how would you explain the difference?

9. Your groundbreaking book on Neuroscience of Personality taught us that each of the eight Jungian processes can be defined as a pattern of holistic neurological tendencies and that the processes relate to how the neocortex works as a whole. Are you continuing to do research in this area? What are the most important insights in this area that you can share with us and how do these insights help us from a practical perspective?

10. Do you have another book planned any time soon? When can we expect it if there is something in the works?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Falcarius liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

On question 2, I would ask, instead of how long it took to determine his type, what he did to determine it.

Also, quite a few of these questions are yes/no. I would rephrase to be open-ended where possible. For example, on question 6, I would ask:

What do you see as the potential for alternative methods of determining personality type - methods like natural language processing and text data mining?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Falcarius, yama, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

I would ask what he thinks the most accurate way of typing someone is. I would also ask about his thoughts on how each typology system is implemented in the mainstream (like how MBTI is used by employers)
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One
    Likes highlander liked this post

Whoah, how exciting to have Dario Nardi on TypoC! Can't wait for his responses for questions 8 through 10.