12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forum Software Upgrades

We'll be upgrading the forum to the current release of VBulletin and also upgrading PHP to version 7 (the forum is written in PHP). This will be done in increments rather than all at once. The first one of these incremental upgrades was done last week. There may be short periods where things are down or small issues during those upgrades and I wanted to provide advance warning. I don't have specific times where the upgrades will occur. It will be when I and others have time to do it over the next couple of months. I'll do the best I can to minimize disruptions.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

In case anyone had their posts put in the moderation queue, it's related to one of the incremental changes I mentioned above. In getting ready for the upgrade, we have to update certain software on the forum that's not compatible with PHP7. One of our modifications is an anti-spam product called Spam-O-Matic which appears to have compatibility issues with PHP7. I tried out a couple new anti-spam programs at the recommendation of the hosting provider. One of them is VBulletin's native capability to integrate with the Akismet database that has a list of names and email addresses of known spammers. Unfortunately, it seems to have resulted in a number of false alarms and legitimate posts being put in suspense. Those posts have been approved and this has been turned off. We've had some issues with spammers on the forum and the wiki in the past, so it's important that we have something in place to address it. I'm still working through a solution.

We'll also be upgrading our Sphinx Search program sometime soon overnight. The forum will need to be down for a few hours when that's being done.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There are some more upgrades happening now and over the next few days
    - Wikimedia upgrade (software the Wik runs on)
    - VBSSO upgrade (single sign-on software that provides access to the wiki)
    - VBTube upgrade (software that runs the media library)

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Wikimedia and VBSSO were upgraded in the past couple of weeks.

We are updating VBTube shortly (media library)

Tri-type 639

Just found this. No wonder the site has been minute(s) long page load for days.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Just found this. No wonder the site has been minute(s) long page load for days.
    Are you still having an issue?

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Are you still having an issue?
    Yep! This page took a long time to load so I did what I often do and that's to stop the page from loading and hit refresh. It sometimes takes two stops and refreshes for the page to load. Another commonality is that when I first sign on, it's not so slow but after reading a few threads, it slows down to a crawl.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Yep! This page took a long time to load so I did what I often do and that's to stop the page from loading and hit refresh. It sometimes takes two stops and refreshes for the page to load. Another commonality is that when I first sign on, it's not so slow but after reading a few threads, it slows down to a crawl.

What operating system and browser are you using?

Tri-type 639

Win10 and Chrome 64 bit.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I also use win10 and chrome and i've been having loading issues on the forum every time I use it every since the upgrades started.