12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Applications for Moderator being accepted

We've had some people step down from the modbox or less active than they used to be on the forum and so we are taking applications. The duty of the forum moderator is to facilitate the enforcement of the forum’s rules. This includes recognizing and reporting violations of the forum rules, collaborating with other moderators on decisions for actions to be taken when those rules are broken, and then taking and documenting actions taken.

If you're interested in the role, please send me a PM elaborating on your interest. Feel free to suggest others too. Thank you!!

Note: Deadline for applying is Thursday at Midnight Central.
    Last edited by highlander; 06-08-2017 at 12:16 AM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Xann, asynartetic, Cat Brainz, magpie liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

hmu
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes MDP2525, chickpea liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

I'm interested
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

Dear Highlander,

Please put me on the shortlist... I'll be sending a PM shortly. Meanwhile, I will gather official endorsements from forum members to make a convincing case. Thank you and good luck to all interested parties.

Sincerely,

Xann
    Junior Moderator

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Make me one. I'll make this site better i swear
    Likes magpie liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Dear Highlander,

Please put me on the shortlist... I'll be sending a PM shortly. Meanwhile, I will gather official endorsements from forum members to make a convincing case. Thank you and good luck to all interested parties.

Sincerely,

Xann
    Junior Moderator
    does this mean you're practicing your interpretative dance moves? I eagerly await the preview
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Xann liked this post

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

Not applying but I really do think @Enthusiastic_Dreamer would make an exceptional mod for this site.
    I'll follow her into the depths
    I'll find warmth in the steel of her glare
    I'll hear music in the darkness of her silence
    Don't leave me there.

@highlander I realize you wanted a PM, but I wanted to post this in public in the event that an overwhelming number of members say "no, Anax would make a terrible moderator," at which point I will accept that reality and pursue this no further, so long as they offer good reasons for why they think I'm not a good fit. I will not take it personally, so anyone speak up if they think this is a bad or good idea.

Will you consider me as a candidate (assuming a lot of people don't scream NO)? I promise to do my best to be fair and impartial, even with those members with whom I disagree or haven't always gotten along with in the past. I can also say that several members have told me in the past that they see me as a person who tries to consider all sides of an issue and as someone who is tries to seek out the middle/common ground. @yama once told me that he respected me for trying to understand all sides of an issue, even though we don't always agree on certain issues such as politics. I know I had some moments in the past where things got contentious with me and a few people, but I think I've grown out of that and I don't really have any desire to ruffle feathers or piss anyone off. If enough people say they like the idea of moderator Anax, then I will be happy to send an official PM your way. I understand being a mod means somewhat putting myself above petty shows of ego and I am more than willing to take myself out of that; there's a good chance my average daily post count will actually drop if I become a Mod. I think this would be a good move for both the forum and myself. I won't let personal friendships or any animosity get in the way of treating all members as fairly as possible when carrying out my moderator duties, and I'll do my best to form a strong relationship with other mods and non-mods with whom I haven't always seen eye-to-eye in the past.

What sort of daily hours would this entail for moderator duties and such? How many moderator positions are open at this point? I suppose I should also brush up on the rules in case they quiz me
    Likes yama, prplchknz, There, Cat Brainz, Frosty and 6 others liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    @highlander I realize you wanted a PM, but I wanted to post this in public in the event that an overwhelming number of members say "no, Anax would make a terrible moderator," at which point I will accept that reality and pursue this no further, so long as they offer good reasons for why they think I'm not a good fit. I will not take it personally, so anyone speak up if they think this is a bad or good idea. Will you consider me as a candidate (assuming a lot of people don't scream NO)? I promise to do my best to be fair and impartial, even with those members with whom I disagree or haven't always gotten along with in the past. I can also say that several members have told me in the past that they see me as a person who tries to consider all sides of an issue and as someone who is tries to seek out the middle/common ground. @yama once told me that he respected me for trying to understand all sides of an issue, even though we don't always agree on certain issues such as politics. I know I had some moments in the past where things got contentious with me and a few people, but I think I've grown out of that and I don't really have any desire to ruffle feathers or piss anyone off. If enough people say they like the idea of moderator Anax, then I will be happy to send an official PM your way. I understand being a mod means somewhat putting myself above petty shows of ego and I am more than willing to take myself out of that; there's a good chance my average daily post count will actually drop if I become a Mod. I think this would be a good move for both the forum and myself. I won't let personal friendships or any animosity get in the way of treating all members as fairly as possible when carrying out my moderator duties, and I'll do my best to form a strong relationship with other mods and non-mods with whom I haven't always seen eye-to-eye in the past. What sort of daily hours would this entail for moderator duties and such? How many moderator positions are open at this point? I suppose I should also brush up on the rules in case they quiz me
    I second anax for mod. But then again, i usually dont even know who the mods are so i dont really have anyone to compare to except miss fortune and i like the way she stepped in to stop thread spirals. I dont even know the rules of the forum i agree with fair and help to analyze issues while being fair.

I would be mod, but i cant really dedicate the time to this place between work, family, and life i get away and on here when i can.
    Likes asynartetic, miss fortune liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I second anax for mod. But then again, i usually dont even know who the mods are so i dont really have anyone to compare to except miss fortune and i like the way she stepped in to stop thread spirals. I dont even know the rules of the forum i agree with fair and help to analyze issues while being fair.
    I like her style. I would try to follow some aspects her model. Bush Did 9/11 has also done a good job of maintaining an impartial but effective moderator style, IMO.
    Likes Poki, miss fortune liked this post