User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    @highlander I realize you wanted a PM, but I wanted to post this in public in the event that an overwhelming number of members say "no, Anax would make a terrible moderator," at which point I will accept that reality and pursue this no further, so long as they offer good reasons for why they think I'm not a good fit. I will not take it personally, so anyone speak up if they think this is a bad or good idea.

Will you consider me as a candidate (assuming a lot of people don't scream NO)? I promise to do my best to be fair and impartial, even with those members with whom I disagree or haven't always gotten along with in the past. I can also say that several members have told me in the past that they see me as a person who tries to consider all sides of an issue and as someone who is tries to seek out the middle/common ground. @yama once told me that he respected me for trying to understand all sides of an issue, even though we don't always agree on certain issues such as politics. I know I had some moments in the past where things got contentious with me and a few people, but I think I've grown out of that and I don't really have any desire to ruffle feathers or piss anyone off. If enough people say they like the idea of moderator Anax, then I will be happy to send an official PM your way. I understand being a mod means somewhat putting myself above petty shows of ego and I am more than willing to take myself out of that; there's a good chance my average daily post count will actually drop if I become a Mod. I think this would be a good move for both the forum and myself. I won't let personal friendships or any animosity get in the way of treating all members as fairly as possible when carrying out my moderator duties, and I'll do my best to form a strong relationship with other mods and non-mods with whom I haven't always seen eye-to-eye in the past.

What sort of daily hours would this entail for moderator duties and such? How many moderator positions are open at this point? I suppose I should also brush up on the rules in case they quiz me
    I like you for mod and I think you are one of the best options on this site. You care about justice and fairness and dont have any extreme or narrow minded posting habits around here and I can say you are able to be debated not argued so to speak. You are a friendly and approachable guy who I think most would feel safe and at ease to go to if there are any issues. i will happy vouch for you as mod.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    7 sx/sp

I vote dreamer and anax

Dreamer would be good. Xann.. that would be fun, I think he'd be more fair than some people would expect him to be.
    Likes Xann, Dreamer, Nørrsken, MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

@Anaximander and @enthuistatic_dreamer are at the top of the list of people i'd want for a mod.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes asynartetic, Nørrsken liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@highlander I realize you wanted a PM, but I wanted to post this in public in the event that an overwhelming number of members say "no, Anax would make a terrible moderator," at which point I will accept that reality and pursue this no further, so long as they offer good reasons for why they think I'm not a good fit. I will not take it personally, so anyone speak up if they think this is a bad or good idea. Will you consider me as a candidate (assuming a lot of people don't scream NO)? I promise to do my best to be fair and impartial, even with those members with whom I disagree or haven't always gotten along with in the past. I can also say that several members have told me in the past that they see me as a person who tries to consider all sides of an issue and as someone who is tries to seek out the middle/common ground. @yama once told me that he respected me for trying to understand all sides of an issue, even though we don't always agree on certain issues such as politics. I know I had some moments in the past where things got contentious with me and a few people, but I think I've grown out of that and I don't really have any desire to ruffle feathers or piss anyone off. If enough people say they like the idea of moderator Anax, then I will be happy to send an official PM your way. I understand being a mod means somewhat putting myself above petty shows of ego and I am more than willing to take myself out of that; there's a good chance my average daily post count will actually drop if I become a Mod. I think this would be a good move for both the forum and myself. I won't let personal friendships or any animosity get in the way of treating all members as fairly as possible when carrying out my moderator duties, and I'll do my best to form a strong relationship with other mods and non-mods with whom I haven't always seen eye-to-eye in the past. What sort of daily hours would this entail for moderator duties and such? How many moderator positions are open at this point? I suppose I should also brush up on the rules in case they quiz me
    There is most definitely a level-headedness about you that I feel any moderator absolutely needs for when things go south. I have no doubt you would be fair in your deliberations. Second, everyone goes through issues and grows into a maturity of their own. I haven't been around as long as you have so I can't comment on your previous interactions but so long as someone has genuinely made peace with their past and owned up to it, there is no way I could ever hold that against them.
    Likes asynartetic, Xann liked this post

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    We've had some people step down from the modbox or less active than they used to be on the forum and so we are taking applications. The duty of the forum moderator is to facilitate the enforcement of the forum’s rules. This includes recognizing and reporting violations of the forum rules, collaborating with other moderators on decisions for actions to be taken when those rules are broken, and then taking and documenting actions taken.

If you're interested in the role, please send me a PM elaborating on your interest. Feel free to suggest others too. Thank you!!
    I do not want to nor have I ever sought to become a mod. I think that is in every ones best interest.

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    There is most definitely a level-headedness about you that I feel any moderator absolutely needs for when things go south. I have no doubt you would be fair in your deliberations. Second, everyone goes through issues and grows into a maturity of their own. I haven't been around as long as you have so I can't comment on your previous interactions but so long as someone has genuinely made peace with their past and owned up to it, there is no way I could ever hold that against them.
    thank you for your support. And thank you to everyone else who has vouched for me so far. If selected I will do my best not to let anyone down and to approach any situation in a level-headed and impartial manner.

I think you'd be good for the job. What I've seen of you suggests you're agreeable and don't settle into petty high school level politics.
    Likes Dreamer, Xann liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

thank you for your support. And thank you to everyone else who has vouched for me so far. If selected I will do my best not to let anyone down and to approach any situation in a level-headed and impartial manner. I think you'd be good for the job. What I've seen of you suggests you're agreeable and don't settle into petty high school level politics.
    I relish the good moments I had in the past, but I hardly ever revisit the past as I'm already onto the next exciting adventure

Petty high school politics is one such thing I am glad to have left FAR behind. I was always a floater kid anyways so I was sort of left out of the politics myself thankfully!

And thank you! That means a lot to me to hear.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

@highlander @Coriolis

From what I have seen, I would support @Anaximander for mod - I have never really interacted with him, but reading his posts, he has struck me as very fair-minded, good-hearted and level-headed.

I could not be more strongly against @Xann being made moderator - that would be a terrible mistake. If he is made moderator, I will leave this forum, and demand that every post, pm, rep, and other communication I have had here be permanently deleted.

Dreamer, I am not as aware of - don't really have a judgment one way or another
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Likes asynartetic, prplchknz, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSE Si

I'm also interested in the position.