Thread: New Forum Theme

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

@highlander

I am not sure if it is consistent for everyone, but when I go to the forums before logging in, a window pops up saying to log in or register, and the background fades slightly. This is a really bad design idea as it is going to decrease forum traffic. A lot of people come here to look at threads and resources without wanting to register. While it would be preferrable to have then join TypoC, it's not realistic to expect everyone to do so. This is no different than news websites that say "you need to register before you can read!". Most people (myself included) will simply close the window and go elsewhere. Further, those that do register will often do so, read the article, then never come back.

In other words, I strongly feel this popup login window should be removed and things revert to how it was previously, as it is likely to decrease membership join rates.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post

@highlander

Live posts are not updating correctly; I think it's a half hour behind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    @highlander

I am not sure if it is consistent for everyone, but when I go to the forums before logging in, a window pops up saying to log in or register, and the background fades slightly. This is a really bad design idea as it is going to decrease forum traffic. A lot of people come here to look at threads and resources without wanting to register. While it would be preferrable to have then join TypoC, it's not realistic to expect everyone to do so. This is no different than news websites that say "you need to register before you can read!". Most people (myself included) will simply close the window and go elsewhere. Further, those that do register will often do so, read the article, then never come back.

In other words, I strongly feel this popup login window should be removed and things revert to how it was previously, as it is likely to decrease membership join rates.
    Happens for me as well - takes more work to sign in.
    Tech questions? Ask here: The Technology Help Desk

I'll do my best to answer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

When I'm looking at Live New Posts now, I have to hit the refresh button to see the new posts. When I do hit the refresh button, some of the posts that were just posted disappear. And yesterday, I posted on the Random Thought Thread, and that post never showed up in Live New Posts....I noticed this problem yesterday evening and it continues now.
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

Live posts is still not updating.
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

Ditto to what Crunch and Jag said.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Live posts is still not updating.
    Can you tell me what day this started to happen and if it is still going on? @Grand Admiral Crunch @Cat Brainz

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Can you tell me whatbdsynthisnstsrted.to happen and if it is still going ON? @Grand Admiral Crunch @Cat Brainz
    This started around last Thur/Friday and is still going on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Can you tell me what day this started to happen and if it is still going on? @Grand Admiral Crunch @Cat Brainz
    I noticed July 2nd, Sunday night, and the Live Posts are still not updating. Also, when I'm on Live Posts and I click on my notifications, it takes me to the User CP page instead of my profile page. From the User CP page, I am able to click on my name and that's how I've been getting back to my profile page.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    I noticed July 2nd, Sunday night, and the Live Posts are still not updating. Also, when I'm on Live Posts and I click on my notifications, it takes me to the User CP page instead of my profile page. From the User CP page, I am able to click on my name and that's how I've been getting back to my profile page.
    Got it. See this isn't working properly

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post