Thread: New Forum Theme

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    it's not a visual, it's a functionality issue;ie previously, clicking on one's username would take you to your user profile, now it gives you a menu without such option.
    But you can just select "view profile" right? When I click on your username in a post, I get a menu with several choices.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Clicking on the top right username no longer links to user profile. In fact I can't find an easy way to do so, without tracking down a post.
    Same here
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But you can just select "view profile" right? When I click on your username in a post, I get a menu with several choices.
    That's in a post. But no longer on the username in my Home Page.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I actually really like it. The old "new" interface felt way more clunky. However so far I agree with @phobik and others regarding getting to your personal profile. So far the fastest way is 3 clicks away, going to UserCP -> Click on a rep you've received to go to that post -> Click on yourself to access your profile.

There needs to be an option in the drop-down menu when you click on your name at the top right to access your own profile.

So there is a new, optimized mobile skin? That will make posting incredibly easier for me, I didn't want to download any janky apps to access the forum. I've gotten way busier and active, and being able to access the forum anywhere sounds pretty sweet.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wool View Post
    I loathe the mobile theme. I also just realized I can't even write anything in the post box in the new theme on my phone.
    Oh I see. When I click on "full site", it points you to the wrong theme. Will need to fix that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The issue is having to track down a post to access your profile. Before, you could simply click your name at the top right and you'd go right to it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I miss the minty green forum skin I used for years.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I actually really like it. The old "new" interface felt way more clunky. However so far I agree with @phobik and others regarding getting to your personal profile. So far the fastest way is 3 clicks away, going to UserCP -> Click on a rep you've received to go to that post -> Click on yourself to access your profile.

There needs to be an option in the drop-down menu when you click on your name at the top right to access your own profile.

So there is a new, optimized mobile skin? That will make posting incredibly easier for me, I didn't want to download any janky apps to access the forum. I've gotten way busier and active, and being able to access the forum anywhere sounds pretty sweet.
    Now I understand. Thank you for explaining it.

Yes, there is a mobile theme. It's not super fancy but is much easier to use on the phone.

Tri-type 639

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't want to be a pain in the ass about something someone worked on, but I immediately miss the minty green forum skin I used for years. Aye, same problem.
    I loved minty green. I detest the new theme.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    Well unfortunately not, as the option have now vanished, but back when this lay out was in beta there were other, less glaring color themes, and the backgrounds on individual profiles were customizable, now its just blanket white.

I'm certain there's been much great work done on the new theme, its just a bit concerning that its now the only option... Will it be permanent? Or will we have options again in the future?
    Are you talking about the customizable User Profile for members that have > 500 posts or are you talking about the multiple style choices/themes?

Tri-type 639