User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much faster is the site?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazing faster

1 4.35%
  • A lot faster

2 8.70%
  • It's definitely noticable

0 0%
  • I can kind of tell it's faster

3 13.04%
  • I don't see any difference

3 13.04%
  • I think it's slower

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yes, I navigate using all those things you mention. Would never go the bottom of the page to get a list of threads which I can't even scroll through to the next page with .

What do you need in mobile that isn't there? I use it all the time.

Ok it's back

I think this should be back to the way it was before. Can you let me know after clicking through the new things it shows, if moving forward it's working?
    I like the full layout and look of the regular site. So much stuff that it would no longer really be conducive to mobile. Only issue i really have of using regular site on phone is quotes in private messages after maybe 2 times going back and forth allows only 1 or 2 characters per line and scrolling becomes a PITA when you have 3 or 4 multi paragraph replies in nested quotes. I avoid private messages on phone as much as possible for this reason.
    Im out, its been fun

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Looks like everything is back to normal. I am putting away my Official Undead Response Toolkit now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Thank you for time/effort in the experiment.

The "new posts, live posts" etc all require being logged in to view. The forum page statistics can be viewed when not logged in. Lots of times when I am "on the fly" I use that info to determine how to prioritize my time.

Ie. If I see a member is currently on who I want to directly talk to or a conversation I want to join or a post that has been answered...I will change my schedule to log in. If I don't have that info when I am somewhere I can't log in...it's a bit like flying blind.
    Never thought about that. I am ALWAYS using my phone and have remember me checked so i dont have to worry about logging in unless i clear my cache. I login once a week or so and even then my browser remembers my username and pass so its prefilled in.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I like the full layout and look of the regular site. So much stuff that it would no longer really be conducive to mobile. Only issue i really have of using regular site on phone is quotes in private messages after maybe 2 times going back and forth allows only 1 or 2 characters per line and scrolling becomes a PITA when you have 3 or 4 multi paragraph replies in nested quotes. I avoid private messages on phone as much as possible for this reason.
    I use private messages on the mobile interface all the time. There is some issue with the quotes not showing up the way I would expect though...

I use today's posts mostly as a primary means of navigating the forum. I also sometimes use hot threads or friends activity. Those all work great on mobile.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I will keep looking at this through other means. Would like to cut page load time down by half. Don't know if it's possible.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I will keep looking at this through other means. Would like to cut page load time down by half. Don't know if it's possible.
    The problems I ran into seem to be fixed. It's definitely loading faster on the common landing pages like Home, Settings/UserCP and the main Forum view.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The problems I ran into seem to be fixed. It's definitely loading faster on the common landing pages like Home, Settings/UserCP and the main Forum view.
    I think images are part of the issue. Things like signatures with images in them can slow down thread loading speed a lot. Other images can probably be compressed. Looking into it.... One recommendation I saw was to turn off signature loading for members who haven't been active for 30 days. I thought that was an interesting/creative solution.

Tri-type 639
    Likes Cloudpatrol, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    STP

As a java programmer working on front end client facing websites i feel your pain...lol. managing the "we(masses) need the world collectively though individually each person only care about these couple things" with what you actually have to work with can be a huge give and take process.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    As a java programmer working on front end client facing websites i feel your pain...lol. managing the "we(masses) need the world collectively though individually each person only care about these couple things" with what you actually have to work with can be a huge give and take process.
    Satisfying clients is always a pain (and we don't even pay ).

I have to clear my browser a lot or I would do what you described above. Because both my work and school monitor online activity, I want to 'spend my time wisely'....smile.

I think images are part of the issue. Things like signatures with images in them can slow down thread loading speed a lot. Other images can probably be compressed. Looking into it.... One recommendation I saw was to turn off signature loading for members who haven't been active for 30 days. I thought that was an interesting/creative solution.
    That is a really great solution

Thanks for getting that feature back up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It's a plugin called VSA Advanced Forum Statistics. It's not really a post feed and that's not what it's for but I can see you are using it at such. We have Todays Posts, New Posts, Live Posts, Friends Posts, Hot Threads, etc. It seems redundant, consumes a lot of resources and takes up a lot of space at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I added it back.
    In case anyone is interested, this adds a full second to the page load time for the Forum page. (from about 3 seconds to 4 seconds to load the page). So that one page is about 35% slower because that plug-in is enabled. I've tweaked probably as much as we can on that page without removing that one feature.

Tri-type 639