User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much faster is the site?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazing faster

1 4.35%
  • A lot faster

2 8.70%
  • It's definitely noticable

0 0%
  • I can kind of tell it's faster

3 13.04%
  • I don't see any difference

3 13.04%
  • I think it's slower

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

All these things are features which consume resources when the pages load. I'm just trying to see if there are any that aren't needed to make the forum faster for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    It is screwing things up. My subscribed threads is not working right, among other things.

is it fixed?

Also, I really like seeing the recent post feed and that is gone.

which recent post feed?
    Are those things alright now?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Where is the recent posts feed that used to show up at the bottom of the main forum page? Not the site's home page, but the forum tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    Personally i liked the site just the way it was before the improvments as i liked the feed section so i could see currently active debates and threads to join in on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    To be honest I really dislike that there isn't the recent post feed in the main page. It's very handy option to see what discussions you can take part in right now and see quickly what is happening in forums. I know that there are 'new posts' in quick links, but still I think it was making the website more clear.
    It's a plugin called VSA Advanced Forum Statistics. It's not really a post feed and that's not what it's for but I can see you are using it at such. We have Todays Posts, New Posts, Live Posts, Friends Posts, Hot Threads, etc. It seems redundant, consumes a lot of resources and takes up a lot of space at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I added it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Not happy with the change.
    What exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Where is the thing at the bottom of each thread that used to say how many people are viewing a thread?
    It's turned off. Is it important?

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ This was going to be my question, too.

Also, I strongly dislike that there seems to be no way to know which threads have new posts -- the titles of the threads aren't in bold, and they don't show up in User CP. It makes for much less efficient forum navigation.

So, I think what's happening here is we're sacrificing one form of efficiency for another.
    Oh that does seem like a problem. Let me look at bringing that back.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Cat Brainz, EJCC, Kas liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yes it's important. When it's on, I feel like I'm on the forum with everyone else. When it's off, it's lonely. Also, it gives you info about who snoops in which threads.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, yama liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

All these things are features which consume resources when the pages load. I'm just trying to see if there are any that aren't needed to make the forum faster for you.

Are those things alright now?

It's a plugin called VSA Advanced Forum Statistics. It's not really a post feed and that's not what it's for but I can see you are using it at such. We have Todays Posts, New Posts, Live Posts, Friends Posts, Hot Threads, etc. It seems redundant, consumes a lot of resources and takes up a lot of space at the bottom of the page. Anyway, I added it back.

What exactly?

Oh that does seem like a problem. Let me look at bringing that back.
    My subscribed threads still shows up with "New" posts that I have already read..... that makes the feature worthless....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My subscribed threads still shows up with "New" posts that I have already read..... that makes the feature worthless....
    I noticed that too -- but I think once you read them again, it'll go back to normal. That worked for me just now. Let me know if it works for you.

Yes it's important. When it's on, I feel like I'm on the forum with everyone else. When it's off, it's lonely. Also, it gives you info about who snoops in which threads.
    ^ Yes to this.

Also, in my opinion, it's the only way we have to hold lurkers accountable.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes magpie, Cloudpatrol liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I noticed that too -- but I think once you read them again, it'll go back to normal. That worked for me just now. Let me know if it works for you.
    I have read some posts 3 times now...... they are like the undead.....

I don't know if I need a stake or a silver bullet or a fire or cut off their heads at this point......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

All these things are features which consume resources when the pages load. I'm just trying to see if there are any that aren't needed to make the forum faster for you

It's a plugin called VSA Advanced Forum Statistics. It's not really a post feed and that's not what it's for but I can see you are using it at such. We have Todays Posts, New Posts, Live Posts, Friends Posts, Hot Threads, etc. It seems redundant, consumes a lot of resources and takes up a lot of space at the bottom of the page. Anyway, .
    Thank you for time/effort in the experiment.

The "new posts, live posts" etc all require being logged in to view. The forum page statistics can be viewed when not logged in. Lots of times when I am "on the fly" I use that info to determine how to prioritize my time.

Ie. If I see a member is currently on who I want to directly talk to or a conversation I want to join or a post that has been answered...I will change my schedule to log in. If I don't have that info when I am somewhere I can't log in...it's a bit like flying blind.
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

Woo! The "Thread Information" thing is back on! Thanks Highlander.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I didnt even know we had a recent posts, i usually go to friends activity first and then if i have time i just hit the subforums i frequent, and if i really am bored i watch the live posts page.

I cant do mobile site, need more then mobile offers.
    Yes, I navigate using all those things you mention. Would never go the bottom of the page to get a list of threads which I can't even scroll through to the next page with .

What do you need in mobile that isn't there? I use it all the time.

Ok it's back

I think this should be back to the way it was before. Can you let me know after clicking through the new things it shows, if moving forward it's working?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes magpie, EJCC, yama liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Woo! The "Thread Information" thing is back on! Thanks Highlander.
    Yay! Community!

*looks down*

*sees that EJCC = the only member browsing the thread*

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes magpie, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Thank you for time/effort in the experiment.

The "new posts, live posts" etc all require being logged in to view. The forum page statistics can be viewed when not logged in. Lots of times when I am "on the fly" I use that info to determine how to prioritize my time.

Ie. If I see a member is currently on who I want to directly talk to or a conversation I want to join or a post that has been answered...I will change my schedule to log in. If I don't have that info when I am somewhere I can't log in...it's a bit like flying blind.
    Huh. Never would have thought of that. Ok

Tri-type 639