User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Featured Member

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I'm surprised at your surprise, but I guess you were not on the forum before Likes were installed -- we had a HELL of a huge forum row about it, very heated, everyone had an opinion, and we almost did not do it because of how heated it was. But we decided to give it a shot and lo and behold the forum did not crash and burn.
    I was one of those strongly opposed, and still am. Ironically, I have at times been in the top 5 recipients of likes. I certainly don't want to be conscripted to present some "up close and personal" member of the month write-up on that account. Just no.

I have no objection to member of the month, but it should be willing subjects only. We could do it randomly, by member ID number. Many members are not active, so we keep choosing IDs until we find someone who has posted in the last 3 months, then ask if they are willing to be profiled as member of the month.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Cat Brainz, ESFJ liked this post

I'm against "like" option and even with volunteering , I think there is also a number of members who would agree for being a featured member , but not to volunteer for it.

Could we as featured member put there an individual interview with the person? It would be interesting , because would show different ways of thinking Or would you prefer same questions?

I could volunteer to make such interviews and pick one of the active member (of course if they agree for it) as long as I'm active myself. Although possible that these would need to be slow and written conversations (interviews) and there may be some mistakes because I'm not a native...
    Someone else could volunteer if you prefer.

What do you think?
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

@Xann has my nomination too.

Likes Xann, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

The forum has spoken: @Xann
    Likes magpie, Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Sometimes it's like watching a classroom with students who ignored everything the instructor just finished saying.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yes, @Xann.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes magpie, Xann, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I think that is bullshit too and would [work to] remove it if I were still an admin on staff.

Likes have no bearing on whether someone "deserves" to be a featured member. It can simply mean that someone has enough friends that they can just run up each other's likes. Why not just have someone on staff pick someone who is either interesting or contributes a lot to the forum community?

I'm surprised at your surprise, but I guess you were not on the forum before Likes were installed -- we had a HELL of a huge forum row about it, very heated, everyone had an opinion, and we almost did not do it because of how heated it was. But we decided to give it a shot and lo and behold the forum did not crash and burn.
    Oh, and I once made a thread proposing we get rid of likes for a short period to see if it would positively help the community, and I got jumped on.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Adding to this side tangent:

I think they contribute to forum drama, and give the place too much of a per c vibe. I'm even more opposed to them than I originally was.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Likes must not be abolished. And we should be able to like our own posts. How else do I show support for what I'm saying?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Likes must not be abolished. And we should be able to like our own posts. How else do I show support for what I'm saying?
    I just love how now everyone is saying how we should get rid of likes, and then when I said it, people accused me of trolling and attention whoring. Typical.

IDGAF anymore. I rarely make public suggestions because of that. All of my proposal are now private threads, except for the logo which I helped choose. I don't get butthurt about them not being adopted, either, because the mods don't jump on me for suggesting them.

Visit my Johari:
    Likes Xann, magpie liked this post