Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    SRS BIZNEZ N HURR
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    FOI SHIZZ!
    Writing like this should be a bannable offense.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ...But let's cut to the chase: I'm sure none of you in PMs have discussed my particular issues in a negative or critical way or made jokes among yourself at my expense, right? Should I be chastising you and slandering your overall character for doing so -- behind closed doors, where I wasn't supposed to overhear?

I expect people to say negative things in a private setting at times about others -- because that's how people work. You have to blow off stream, especially if you're frustrated by someone or just find their behavior odd or out of mainstream. Or sometimes you just find it funny. We're all targets in some way. You do it in the back corners and around the coffee machine, so that when you have to make public decisions about it, those negative emotions aren't around to screw up your decisions.

Geoff's comments about the teacher lounge are pretty apropos. That's basically what it is. And it says nothing about what people CHOOSE to do or how fairly they've chosen to treat others despite their personal feelings. In terms of how people get treated, we probably infract and warn people less than we should... because we're trying to be fair. Regardless of how you feel about some people's opinions of you, I've also seen them try to be as fair as hell about how to deal with you when you've had your share of gaffs here on the forums.
    This basic issue of back biting is worth addressing. It does have implications directly for the person who is targeted whether it happens in a teacher's lounge, a forum, or behind a friend's back. It nurtures a group think attitude to reject certain members of that society. It enhances the prejudices that are naturally within that group. Using the school teacher example, my mother is a retired kindergarten teacher and the gossip and unequal treatment of the children discussed behind their backs she witnessed was also expressed in the way their education was delivered and how playground disputes were overlooked or attended to. By back biting someone, the people involved give each other implicit permission to mistreat that person, even if in subtler ways to their face. Also, to be certain, if you encounter someone backbiting someone else, they will likely do it to you as well even if you are in the accepted group at that moment. This is at least the case when backbiting is done with people who are both involved in the life of the person being attacked. It is natural, prevalent human behavior and all that, but that doesn't make it benign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I learned a long time ago that people will think of me what they will, and I can't do anything about that. Nor should I. What matters is whether they're fair with me and try to treat me equally, despite any inherent like or dislike.
    That is the only sane attitude i have ever been able to muster, although it is difficult to achieve.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Late to the thread.

Glad with the result.

Carry on.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    My, my, my . . . where shall I start . . .

Let me begin by saying that I'm not going to give out a lot of detail regarding the following list of events. However, my intention is to inform and notify members as to the recent demise of Zergling that ended about an hour ago. So here is a short list of the series of events that led to the banning of the once great Mr. Zergling:

a/ We had a discussion regarding Zerg's aggressive moderation style.
    b/ He decided to continue that path after we told him to stop.
    c/ I informed him via PM that we had voted and hence decided that he should be relieved of his duties.
    d/ He had, evidently, saved a few modbox threads and decided to PM them to a few people.
    c/ I deleted all his PMs, and I deleted all the PMs he's ever sent out (a nifty feature that I've always wanted to try out, but never had the opportunity).
    d/ I banned him.
    e/ I told you.

Beyond this, I'm not willing to give further details. Because, in my opinion, this is more information than you'll need in the first place. However, I/we felt this needed an explanation so we don't have to field numerous questions via PMs, posts, and threads.

Thanks and have a pleasant evening.
    Lol,

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL!!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ugh.

Ugh.

UGH!!!!!

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

WHY HE EVER WAS A MOD ASTOUNDED ME, UGH, AT LEAST NOW IT IS ACTUALLY "KNOWN" THAT HE IS/WAS AN UNSTABLE PRICK!
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTj

Yes it is .

Thanks, CC.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    This basic issue of back biting is worth addressing. It does have implications directly for the person who is targeted whether it happens in a teacher's lounge, a forum, or behind a friend's back. It nurtures a group think attitude to reject certain members of that society. It enhances the prejudices that are naturally within that group. Using the school teacher example, my mother is a retired kindergarten teacher and the gossip and unequal treatment of the children discussed behind their backs she witnessed was also expressed in the way their education was delivered and how playground disputes were overlooked or attended to. By back biting someone, the people involved give each other implicit permission to mistreat that person, even if in subtler ways to their face. Also, to be certain, if you encounter someone backbiting someone else, they will likely do it to you as well even if you are in the accepted group at that moment. This is at least the case when backbiting is done with people who are both involved in the life of the person being attacked. It is natural, prevalent human behavior and all that, but that doesn't make it benign.
    Tribalism is at once a human strength and a weakness. Seems that it's behind most of the "ism"s.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Only him? Guess you didn't get your pm CC2.
    Hahahahahhahahahahahhaha!!!!

I didn't read them, nor did I need to.

I know how mods do, in general, and I certainly know which mods don't like me.

I am fine/neutral with all of them, except one.

Hahaha, perhaps she will shine her ugliness through one day too, (though she frequently already does), and get herself banned.

Probably not gonna happen though.

Whatevs.

My last forum, the mods loved to talk shit about me.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles