User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 445

  1. #61
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Right back at ya. You produced a theory without evidence in order to retaliate because you're upset. I know, based on my experience, that you're wrong.
    What experience? I've watched five forums go that way, dating back to the late 90s. It always starts with this type of thing.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  2. #62
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    What experience? I've watched five forums go that way, dating back to the late 90s. It always starts with this type of thing.
    I've watched an equal amount of forums and it didn't go that way.

    But I appreciate your concern.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  3. #63
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I've watched an equal amount of forums and it didn't go that way.

    But I appreciate your concern.
    With the same style of administration? Never seen it, particularly on any with so few consistent contributors.

    Now, with much larger forums with more professional administration, this doesn't really happen.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  4. #64
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    No. There is no user interface provided by vBulletin to do this. sprilis and I have the technical know-how for accessing the database but he and I both work professionally in IT and have enough respect to not do something so retarded/invasive.
    Well that's a relief. I will say that we were looking for a specific pm on the forum I was part of that implicated another member in what was a sex tape scandal. Very juicy and evidently illegal so it wasn't just a case of, hey lets just read random pms. The information gathered in the pms were used in court and how we managed to get them was just plain luck since apparently this feature isn't available on vBulletin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    But I appreciate your concern.
    No you don't. Why always so condescending?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  5. #65
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    To know that, you would have to have been a Moderator at at five forums of this size and at five "larger" forums.

    You're starting to stretch your "theory" into the unbelievable.

    However, I didn't believe you in the first place, since I realize this is an attempt to lash out at the forum because you feel hurt right now.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #66
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    To know that, you would have to have been a Moderator at at five forums of this size and at five "larger" forums.

    You're starting to stretch your "theory" into the unbelievable.

    However, I didn't believe you in the first place, since I realize this is an attempt to lash out at the forum because you feel hurt right now.
    I wasn't a moderator by popular opinion; I ran the servers.

    You're also clearly confused by what I said.


    Many didn't have private moderator/admin forums at all, or if they were there, they were just technical information and notes on trouble member patterns (IPs used by banned trolls, etc). Nothing like this, which is a hallmark of sites that go that way. Definitely not a theory.

    At best, the site will spin off factions that will go off and create these types of forums, or explode and split into these factions/forums due to things like this eating away at the forum for a long enough time.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  7. #67
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Many didn't have private moderator/admin forums at all, or if they were there, they were just technical information and notes on trouble member patterns. Nothing like this, which is a hallmark of sites that go that way.
    Again, I appreciate your concern, and I will take your theory under advisement.

    Thanks.


    Jen,

    Because I meet condescension with condescension.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    At best, the site will spin off factions that will go off and create these types of forums, or explode and split into these factions/forums due to things like this eating away at the forum for a long enough time.
    Or just due to growth and opportunity for specialization.

    I don't know if you are aware of this, but this was a faction of a site that you would make the same comments toward.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  8. #68
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Well, I missed all of this. I think it's funny that when Zergling was made a mod, I quickly noted that I was very suspicious of him. All things considered, though, I didn't think all of his thread splitting was that bad.

    Anyway, since I missed all of the things the mods and admins apparently said, I'm ignorant of their contents. Based on what I'm piecing together here, though, you should all probably be ashamed of whatever it is you did.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #69
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    I don't think I got a pm, probably not, but I could have not been on between the time I got it and it was deleted. I know a week or two ago he was venting to me on vent, I didn't ask alot of questions, as I figured it wasn't my business and it didn't seem to be something I wanted to be in the middle of. He was also talked about leaving the forum and starting his own place to run how he wants. Since I like people on both sides of this argument I'm glad I never saw the PM as then I would feel like I'd have to chose sides.

    and the way to not ever be disappointed in someone just always suspect that they are not as good of a person that they put on. (that didn't make since, I don't think)
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #70
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    He was also talked about leaving the forum and starting his own place to run how he wants.
    Good luck to him, then.

    and the way to not ever be disappointed in someone just always suspect that they are not as good of a person that they put on. (that didn't make since, I don't think)
    Oh, it made sense.

    Not even just what we "put on" ourselves (I think we all want to be seen as "good" by others if we get a choice) but how we've chosen to see others as well -- and how others want to see US. Frankly, we're all human, and even the best people don't always do everything right, and sometimes bad people do good things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. The Demise of Guys
    By Salomé in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 484
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 12:41 AM
  2. The Demise of Ladies
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
  3. [MBTItm] The merit of stuffed animals
    By nightning in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
  4. Web 2.0 - the death of culture?
    By Langrenus in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO