User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Right back at ya. You produced a theory without evidence in order to retaliate because you're upset. I know, based on my experience, that you're wrong.
    What experience? I've watched five forums go that way, dating back to the late 90s. It always starts with this type of thing.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    What experience? I've watched five forums go that way, dating back to the late 90s. It always starts with this type of thing.
    I've watched an equal amount of forums and it didn't go that way.

But I appreciate your concern.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I've watched an equal amount of forums and it didn't go that way.

With the same style of administration? Never seen it, particularly on any with so few consistent contributors.

Now, with much larger forums with more professional administration, this doesn't really happen.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    No. There is no user interface provided by vBulletin to do this. sprilis and I have the technical know-how for accessing the database but he and I both work professionally in IT and have enough respect to not do something so retarded/invasive.
    Well that's a relief. I will say that we were looking for a specific pm on the forum I was part of that implicated another member in what was a sex tape scandal. Very juicy and evidently illegal so it wasn't just a case of, hey lets just read random pms. The information gathered in the pms were used in court and how we managed to get them was just plain luck since apparently this feature isn't available on vBulletin.

No you don't. Why always so condescending?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTj

To know that, you would have to have been a Moderator at at five forums of this size and at five "larger" forums.

You're starting to stretch your "theory" into the unbelievable.

However, I didn't believe you in the first place, since I realize this is an attempt to lash out at the forum because you feel hurt right now.
    Haight

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

To know that, you would have to have been a Moderator at at five forums of this size and at five "larger" forums.

You're starting to stretch your "theory" into the unbelievable.

However, I didn't believe you in the first place, since I realize this is an attempt to lash out at the forum because you feel hurt right now.
    I wasn't a moderator by popular opinion; I ran the servers.

You're also clearly confused by what I said.

Many didn't have private moderator/admin forums at all, or if they were there, they were just technical information and notes on trouble member patterns (IPs used by banned trolls, etc). Nothing like this, which is a hallmark of sites that go that way. Definitely not a theory.

At best, the site will spin off factions that will go off and create these types of forums, or explode and split into these factions/forums due to things like this eating away at the forum for a long enough time.

MBTI
    INTj

Many didn't have private moderator/admin forums at all, or if they were there, they were just technical information and notes on trouble member patterns. Nothing like this, which is a hallmark of sites that go that way.
    Again, I appreciate your concern, and I will take your theory under advisement.

Thanks.

Jen,

Because I meet condescension with condescension.

At best, the site will spin off factions that will go off and create these types of forums, or explode and split into these factions/forums due to things like this eating away at the forum for a long enough time.
    Or just due to growth and opportunity for specialization.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but this was a faction of a site that you would make the same comments toward.
    Haight

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, I missed all of this. I think it's funny that when Zergling was made a mod, I quickly noted that I was very suspicious of him. All things considered, though, I didn't think all of his thread splitting was that bad.

Anyway, since I missed all of the things the mods and admins apparently said, I'm ignorant of their contents. Based on what I'm piecing together here, though, you should all probably be ashamed of whatever it is you did.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think I got a pm, probably not, but I could have not been on between the time I got it and it was deleted. I know a week or two ago he was venting to me on vent, I didn't ask alot of questions, as I figured it wasn't my business and it didn't seem to be something I wanted to be in the middle of. He was also talked about leaving the forum and starting his own place to run how he wants. Since I like people on both sides of this argument I'm glad I never saw the PM as then I would feel like I'd have to chose sides.

and the way to not ever be disappointed in someone just always suspect that they are not as good of a person that they put on. (that didn't make since, I don't think)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    He was also talked about leaving the forum and starting his own place to run how he wants.
    Good luck to him, then.

and the way to not ever be disappointed in someone just always suspect that they are not as good of a person that they put on. (that didn't make since, I don't think)
    Oh, it made sense.

Not even just what we "put on" ourselves (I think we all want to be seen as "good" by others if we get a choice) but how we've chosen to see others as well -- and how others want to see US. Frankly, we're all human, and even the best people don't always do everything right, and sometimes bad people do good things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft