User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Haight, would you mind sharing what parts, if any, of Lookin4theBestNU's post you not only agree with but that are new to you? Also, do you personally intend to do anything differently from now on?

I'm just curious.
    It won't change anything, they'll just get more secretive and continue in the same way they've always been. This is the normal pattern of forums that go from topic to off-topic to xenophobic to closed. It's a common natural progression for smaller boards with power-mad admins/mods.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    So, I guess now the discussions will take place with less strict moderation. I'm glad of that.
    Eh, slightly less. But don't go crazy or anything. The last thing I want to do is read all the posts on this forum.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It won't change anything, they'll just get more secretive and continue in the same way they've always been. This is the normal pattern of forums that go from topic to off-topic to xenophobic to closed. It's a common natural progression for smaller boards with power-mad admins/mods.
    Nice try.

Save the propaganda for people that will believe it.
    Haight

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about him making your discussions public. I kind of think I should have mentioned how I felt about him to someone before this happened now, because it sounds like the fallout from this might have affected a lot of people.
    Zerg was probably as bothered by their activities as anyone reasonable would be, hence he got the axe. It could easily taint a person to see that negativity on a day-to-day basis. I recall admins leaving and getting the boot for being a particular way on the huge (thousands of active members) wikis where I'm a bureaucrat or admin. At one, picking on people is par for the course, but we do it rather openly and admins that don't appear to be doing it in good fun have received the axe. Of course, we bureaus there are all pretty level-headed.

You see, he didn't write what he sent us - he was just the messenger.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    a/ The last paragraph.
    Okay, so you thought all of this before...:

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    (...) No matter how you try to rationalize your behavior(s) and how far it was carried it was wrong. If you aren't willing to make those kind of douchebag comments in public you shouldn't say them. (...) I no longer believe that integrity is a deciding factor in the choosing of a mod or admin or regularly used in decisions that are made. Zergling was wrong and all of the mods/admins involved were too. What is most hurtful is that it was almost all of them. (...) The point is none of these kind of conversations happen in our mod box....it can be helped. When it starts it usually only takes one person to say stop and sometimes it only takes a mere hint. (...) I guess moderating yourself and realizing your opinion matters to some people solely because you were chosen to be a leader can be hard to do or understand for some people. You didn't have to go nearly as far as many of you did even when you get aggravated. You chose to do so and in my opinion it was the wrong choice.
    And the only thing you plan to do differently from now on is...:

b/ Yes. I plan on banning mods faster when they are upset.
    Is that correctly understood? (I'm double-checking because it just confounds my TJ mind. )

May I ask why you thanked Lookin4theBestNU for her post?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Nice try.

Save the propaganda for people that will believe it.
    Prove otherwise. Your response has no meat.

MBTI
    INTj

You see, he didn't write what he sent us - he was just the messenger.
    Hahaha. . . you're wrong.

He edited his part out. I'll PM it to you.
    Haight

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Is that correctly understood? (I'm double-checking because it just confounds my TJ mind. )
    He means he'll ban mods for being upset with the way they act in the mod forum.

I've had similar information passed to me by Zerg before in the past, and I kept it in confidence. He was just trying to break it from behind the scenes.

MBTI
    INTj

Prove otherwise. Your response has no meat.
    Right back at ya. You produced a theory without evidence in order to retaliate because you're upset. I know, based on my experience, that you're wrong.

For example, a similar incident occurred at INTPc two years ago with a Mod sending out a PM argument that he and I had over the creation of this website.

Go look at the stats from two years ago until now.
    Haight

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Perhaps I am a more "reclusive" poster, but I am curious, not of the content of the discussed PMs, but what moderating actions of Zergling's that people had grievances with. If it's not too much trouble, could someone explain them?

I'm not asking for case by case examples, just a short summary. I know that he had a habit of splitting threads a little overzealously though.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive