First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    You can't regulate the number of PMs people send. As for the modbox, 95% of what is said in there is forum business. It's not particularly exciting or juicy. So. . . no.
    You couldn't have drawn that out a little more? Made it seem like it was worth considering?

Damn you INTJs!!!

Anyhoo, don't you think that a 5% show would garner more trust than it would cost in effort? I personally think that Haight posting this thread has probably earned more brownie points than it has lost and yet little if anything has been revealed.

I'm just thinking that if the mod/admin process was a touch more interactive and a touch less dictatorial then it'd go down so much sweeter and possibly calm some people down.

Of course it could also take all the fun out of it but I consider such as SEP (someone else's problem).
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Petty little me, I'm all about making the Gauntlet threads public for those who are poo-pooing about The Moral High Ground on this issue.
    I am pretty sure a few of us asked for specifically that while the Gauntlet was still going on. I know I did, but I just like watching people get irritated with each other.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You couldn't have drawn that out a little more? Made it seem like it was worth considering?
    Okay. . . Lemme think. . . No.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    I'm just thinking that if the mod/admin process was a touch more interactive and a touch less dictatorial then it'd go down so much sweeter and possibly calm some people down.
    I think it is interactive. We took away the dicktatorial by removing Zerg, who seemed to have a very specific agenda about how the forum is run.

There are privacy issues with making the entire modbox public because we don't broadcast the warnings/infractions that people receive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...As far as I understand it now unless people ignore this thread or have contradictory evidence then why would anyone trust the mods/admins?
    Actually, you do have contradictory evidence: This site's been open since April 2007.

And some members here have known mod staff here for at least a year or two before this site opened... especially when all the crap was going on at another site we all know and love.

Some of us put ourselves horribly on the line for current MBTIc members when they were at that site. And we're still the same people who did that. Perhaps that is what is confusing people -- which perception is more indicative of reality?

In any case, maybe the big picture should be taken into context.

I realise the whole "this forum is a privilage" jive but realistically and contrarily so too is having posters a privilage. Ergo some form of a relationship must be maintained. If it seems like there is a group from here who team together to whinge and have it supported by the forums structure then that's akin to having the forum itself side against you. If it's offsite then who cares? At least then it's unconnected.
    I'm a little lost as to what you're saying.

The internet is virtual.
    It's the same group of people.
    Discussing the same things.
    About the same people.
    Location is immaterial.

Are we saying that as long as the same people would have made the same criticisms on a different forum, or in the privacy of their living room, then it would have been fine?

I thought the moral outrage here is that things were being said at ALL.

But I could have misunderstood, I don't know.

Oh and in case it's not obvious, not attacking d'manigmont. Just musing my way through as per.
    I know.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Okay. . . Lemme think. . . No.
    See.. now isn't that better?

I think it is interactive. We took away the dicktatorial by removing Zerg, who seemed to have a very specific agenda about how the forum is run.
    No comment in regards to Zerg. I recall being asked directly if I liked him... can't remember why but I have no specific impression of that particular creature.
    There are privacy issues with making the entire modbox public because we don't broadcast the warnings/infractions that people receive.
    Who said entire Never broadcast your box for view (sorry couldn't resist).

I'm just concious that whilst there are veils there will be rumour so the more out in the open then better. As I said in response to Protean, I much prefer to get my nose blunted than to have the suspicion that those I consider friends are actually humouring me or worse. I'm fairly resistant to being unpopular but that kind of stuff could really upset people and degenerate into pointless threads masquerading as anything other than their true purpose of being an over excited vent for emotional responses perhaps best left for the screaming abdabs room.

Having said all of that, your consideration is appreciated

MBTI
    ENTP

Could the discussions not be made more open?
    More open? Yeah, good idea. That way we'd get the illusion of accountability and impartiality without the hassle of actually changing anything. Everyone's happy.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, you do have contradictory evidence: This site's been open since April 2007.
    I know that but n00bs won't and some haven't had the "pleasure" of speaking to you in more.. in depth discussion and so you're just a name on a bunch of text to them.

Think of the children!!!

And some members here have known mod staff here for at least a year or two before this site opened... especially when all the crap was going on at another site we all know and love.
    You're quite right.

CHANGE OF WATCH. COME ON. SOD OFF YOU OLD GITS!!
    Some of us put ourselves horribly on the line for current MBTIc members when they were at that site. And we're still the same people who did that. Perhaps that is what is confusing people -- which perception is more indicative of reality?
    The perception I recall... which doesn't include long term memory... often.. well least not that I remember...

If it is to be considered that admins/mods are human (I'm not entering THAT murky debate!!) then should it not also be considered that posters are too? Subject to the same currents and breezes that all populaces watch and persecute people to.

Even electronic sheep say baa.
    In any case, maybe the big picture should be taken into context.
    And the details compared to that context. (type neutral... type neutral... )
    I'm a little lost as to what you're saying.
    Yeah like that's new
    The internet is virtual.
    It's the same group of people.
    Discussing the same things.
    About the same people.
    Location is immaterial.
    This is where I think you err. You're trying to put people in context to the net, try the other way around. New URL = new "place" despite the whole entirety may exist on one computer. Besides you can't say that people aren't looking at it as the net when you're saying it hasn't moved by referencing outside the net. It's a double loop.
    Are we saying that as long as the same people would have made the same criticisms on a different forum, or in the privacy of their living room, then it would have been fine?
    No. That if they criticised between themselves away from the forum that is one thing but doing it on the forum, even in private, it's something else. Especially if that person is wearing a staff t-shirt.
    I thought the moral outrage here is that things were being said at ALL.
    Perhaps it is. What am I supposed to pay attention now?

Just as long as you know you should listen to me and not them, it's all good.
    But I could have misunderstood, I don't know.
    It's fairly simple. It's when you don't know something.
    Duh.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I know that but n00bs won't and some haven't had the "pleasure" of speaking to you in more.. in depth discussion and so you're just a name on a bunch of text to them. Think of the children!!!
    Don't bring the children into it, you cad!

If it is to be considered that admins/mods are human (I'm not entering THAT murky debate!!)
    Actually, we're all just Turing software.
    And you can never reason with a machine. Bwa ha ha ha!

Even electronic sheep say baa.
    And make tasty virtual mutton.

No. That if they criticised between themselves away from the forum that is one thing but doing it on the forum, even in private, it's something else. Especially if that person is wearing a staff t-shirt.
    We got t-shirts?
    Where's my T-SHIRT??? :steam:

I don't know. Your thinking sounds very convoluted to me, especially based on the insinuations I'm picking up in regards to the moral indignation floating around -- to whit, it doesn't matter where things were said, it just mattered who said them.

Just as long as you know you should listen to me and not them, it's all good.
    Have you ever been to a hookah bar? There's one downtown. if you're ever in the States, maybe we could go hang out there...?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    More open? Yeah, good idea. That way we'd get the illusion of accountability and impartiality without the hassle of actually changing anything. Everyone's happy.
    If only life offered certainty.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I don't know. Your thinking sounds very convoluted to me, especially based on the insinuations I'm picking up in regards to the moral indignation floating around -- to whit, it doesn't matter where things were said, it just mattered who said them.
    Indignation? MOI? Are you serious??

It matters where it's said because the mod box is given privillaged status. If it was said in an MSN chat then the factor of if MBTIc as an entity supports such statements.
    Have you ever been to a hookah bar? There's one downtown. if you're ever in the States, maybe we could go hang out there...?
    I've never tried smoking upside down but I'll give it a shot. Can I bring the proper stuff or do you insist on such apparatus? Personally I prefer the little white sticks or the larger tan variety.