User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, see this where I am the exact opposite. I'd rather someone call me every name in the book but do it to my face than talk behind my back about me. If someone has a problem with me, tell me, let's put our cards on the table, maybe we can hash out and end up getting along, But if I find out about it through somebody else, then that's damage that's much harder to undo. To me, adults ought to be able to discuss things in an open way, and not act like high school kids sending each other notes. Yeah, I might get my feelings hurt for a bit when someone confronts me, but ultimately it's much better because I know where I stand. All the mindgames is just useless to me. I think a lot of heartache would be saved if more people were just open and honest with each other, and not always interested in keeping secrets or putting on a front. That stuff is so lame.
    Yes, secrets are not worth keeping.

MBTI
    INTP

Default Who watches the watchmen?

Who watches the watchmen? Shouldn't the modbox follow the same rules as the general forum? Most of the discussion I see center around the moderators thinking it was private, not that this will not happen again.

MBTI Central General Rules of Conduct

Be tolerant and respectful of others on the forum.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ...As far as this teacher in a staffroom , I cannot imagine a modern teacher being allowed to badmouth students in the teacher lounge. I can see it happening in private between two teachers on the phone or in their homes but I cannot imagine teacher's risking their jobs to jeer and snicker about the nerd kids or the awkward kids in the loungeroom.
    Now that you've said this, that metaphor was probably a lousy one in that sense.

After all, we're not your teachers.
    And you're not our children.
    We're peers and adults.

Different dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Who watches the watchmen?
    If we go that far, we'll have to start asking who watches the watchmen who watch the watchmen. Boy, what a headache.

Shouldn't the modbox follow the same rules as the general forum? Most of the discussion I see center around the moderators thinking it was private, not that this will not happen again.
    Please don't read too much into that.

This conversation is centering around the privacy issue because if some of you were having private conversations in PM or wherever else, we would not be moderating them. Because we wouldn't know about them.

So it would be none of our business until someone posted them publicly or we received word someone was harassing others via PM with the comments.

Certainly I have my own personal/moral convictions and opinions on the whole matter beside policy, as do the other mods and you and anyone else who has posted here -- based each on our personal knowledge and experience of what happened. I've also got the distinct impression that it doesn't much matter what anyone might say in regards to justifying their own behavior/decisions in the matter, the lines have already been drawn.

That's one reason why we end up discussing practical policy rather than having a public "soul baring" that would end up probably just polarizing things even further.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Who watches the watchmen?
    Bizarro Watchmen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Now that you've said this, that metaphor was probably a lousy one in that sense.

After all, we're not your teachers.
    And you're not our children.
    We're peers and adults.

Different dynamic.
    On a sidenote, Jeffster, I think you might be corroding a digit in your MBTI array.

I've thought this for some time now, but didn't have the direct representation (perhaps a controversial topic (such that the Zergling issue has become...) bubbles more of your ostensible identity to the surface of your online personality) available to make a concerted deduction.

You just became slightly more curious to me, Jeffster.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    On a sidenote, Jeffster, I think you might be corroding a digit in your MBTI array.

I've thought this for some time now, but didn't have the direct representation (perhaps a controversial topic (such that the Zergling issue has become...) bubbles more of your ostensible identity to the surface of your online personality) available to make a concerted deduction.

Jeffster or Jennifer?
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Hahaha...

Callow-hearted insomnia.
    Jennifer, you're clearly an N.

I'll leave it up for posterity.

MBTI
    INXP

Well, I'm confused. I think you just doubly confused the names! Or not. Either way, nice smokescreen job.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I confused Jeffster's writing for Jennifer's, as it was steeped in sugary metaphor and aromatic phrasing - features I would normally link to Jennifer's pen.

Nevertheless, I blundered.

It happens. Frequently.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Say wha?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel